Attn: ALL Cobra Owners "tail of the dragon"

shhak

Established Member
Are you making flyers out for this? If so, could I get you to send me one (either email or snail mail) I'd like to print up some copies and stick them up around here. I plan to attend and would like to get as many people from this area up there as I can.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
so is this an svt thing only? if not i would love to come. how far from smithfield would it be

myburm

Whatever...
Established Member
Please watch out for the bikes, there's quite a few who straddle the lines. I'm from TN and I've seen some stupid s&^t coming around those bends...I also ride bikes, and have been through the Dragon on one. Summer is when the popo will be hot and heavy. Last year, they were ticketing people for all kinds of crazy stuff (check out the website, there was a legal battle over it). Not knockin the popo, they're just trying to keep the death toll down, but if you do a tick over 30, they will bust you. THP tickets are MUCH more costly than Blount county. They are trying to discourage people from riding recklessly as some of the bikers are, quite frankly, stupid. The ones who can generally ride well are the ones in full leathers, not the ones wearing just a jacket and jeans or no gear at all. Those of us who ride responsibly will be fully geared regardless of the heat. That's what vented gear is for. Be careful, enjoy the trip, and watch out for the squids. Oh, and go by Falls Creek Falls, there's some great roads that way.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
I'd imagine that the RIDICULOUS amount of cops should really have tamed the road hogs. That said, I think there should be a rather big drop in cross-lane accidents this season.

vortex03

Established Member
Yeah I got my brakes hot last time I was on the Dragon. But the brakes didn't get hot going down the dragon. They got hot coming back down 441 through gatlinburg, pigeon forge. Got behind this conversion van and every time that van made a turn it would nearly stop. So, I would had to nearly stop.

warpd

Established Member
I went a couple of weeks ago wore out my front pads and tires. We should get an svtperformance shirt to put on the roof of the The Gap lodge. They staple different car/bike groups t-shirts to their ceiling.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Are you making flyers out for this? If so, could I get you to send me one (either email or snail mail) I'd like to print up some copies and stick them up around here. I plan to attend and would like to get as many people from this area up there as I can.

Yeah I hope to have flyers up and ready by the end of next week. PM me your snail mail address and I will put you as many copies as you want in the mail. Same goes for anyone. The more people we can get the more money we can raise for JDRF and the more fun we can have!!
so is this an svt thing only? if not i would love to come. how far from smithfield would it be

No its not SVT only but obviously some sort of sports car/muscle car, import is required.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Yeah I got my brakes hot last time I was on the Dragon. But the brakes didn't get hot going down the dragon. They got hot coming back down 441 through gatlinburg, pigeon forge. Got behind this conversion van and every time that van made a turn it would nearly stop. So, I would had to nearly stop.
Man everytime I go threw there some mini van gets me hanging out the window giving them the bird. I guess everyone else is in it for the view I am in it for the curves! LOL. The route we will be taking will actually take us on "Thunder Road" to the dragon and then back down "The Hellbender"aka HWY 28. The trip there and back will be almost just as cool as the Dragon and Skyway itself.

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
I ran the dragon an skyway with the SCMC on their 5th anniversary.. deff worth the trip down, I actually liked the skyway better it was unpatroled at the time.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I ran the dragon an skyway with the SCMC on their 5th anniversary.. deff worth the trip down, I actually liked the skyway better it was unpatroled at the time.

The two times I have ran the skyway I have never met a cop. Its more wide open and relaxing. You can pretty much be worry free on it. The dragon you gotta watch for turns, cops, and other people too much to really enjoy it.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Heading over in the morning in my dad's Shelby. Gonna get the turn by turn directions down, plan out all the stops for gas, picnic, etc, and then go to work on the flyers next week. Check back sometime late sunday night I should have a TON of pics from my trip.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Week from tomorrow, giving it one last bump. I'm kinda let down everyone that was coming for sure haven't been heard from in weeks.:??:

97cobra1

Established Member
Bumpage. I'm still planning on making the drive over with a buddy of mine. Been looking forward to it for a while now. I'm shooting to pull into the store around 1 or so. I know there was a cruise planned before everyone made it to the gap but does anyone know what time everyone will be arriving in the area?

Users who are viewing this thread