Attn: ALL Cobra Owners "tail of the dragon"

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Good idea! Does anyone know the days for the mustang week and how far it is from the tail? And and idea of lodging, I might try to hit them both!:beer:

The Dragon run is the 19th of july, saturday. Mustang Week starts the following monday and runs all week. From my town where the run will start its about six hours or so to the coast and Mrytle Beach. Anyone who is wanting to stay over night in town here friday or saturday night just let me know I can get you motel room phone numbers and ill check around for the best deal in town. If I can get enough people to stay Im sure I can get a group rate somewhere. July is pretty much out of season around here because our popular time is leaf season so a room here shouldn't be much at all. Let me know if I can help anyone out with info!

96 chris

Established Member
I'm thinking about going. It would be quite a drive to get there but I will try to make it. Looking on Google maps it looks like about a 10 hr drive from Kitchener. Leave Friday morning early and Start heading back home sunday afternoon.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I'm thinking about going. It would be quite a drive to get there but I will try to make it. Looking on Google maps it looks like about a 10 hr drive from Kitchener. Leave Friday morning early and Start heading back home sunday afternoon.

You won't regret it if you come!

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Got the okay today to use some kick ass dragon logo's from www.tailofthedragon.com on the flyer and on the website. Just gotta tie up a few details with the shopping center we will be meeting at and then I will have a flyer for everyone.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
still pumped man! It'll be here before you know it! Glad to see the thread is keepin alive!

96 chris

Established Member
I have that Friday to Sunday booked off now so we'll see what happens. Mind if I invite my 2 best friends down (Black 99 Mustang GT and Black 2000 Trans Am WS6)? I don't really want to rain on the SVT parade...

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I have that Friday to Sunday booked off now so we'll see what happens. Mind if I invite my 2 best friends down (Black 99 Mustang GT and Black 2000 Trans Am WS6)? I don't really want to rain on the SVT parade...

No that's cool. There will be non-svt stuff there, a few classics, a few vette guys. The more people the better!

topless_sn8k

Established Member

It's cool, it will give my snake something to snack on!:-D :pepper::pepper::pepper:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Taking my dad's brand spankin' new less than 500 mile Shelby GT500 to the dragon this sunday if the weather allows to get the exact route, stopping points, etc. locked down. Also gonna take a ton of photos to promote the run and help build excitement for it. After I get all the details worked outI am hopefully going to have the flyers done the first week in march. Anyone that wants me to mail them some to hand out to there club, cruise in's car shows whatever just PM me your address and let me know how many you want. The more people that know the better chance for a huge crowd we have.:beer:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I now have a myspace page for the event. Seems to be the big new thing in car show event promoting. If anyone wants to join send me your myspace name and ill send you a friend request.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Looks like I won't be going this weekend. These pictures are from www.tailofthedragon.com :whine:
snow_dragon.jpg

Snow_Chero.jpg

Knoxstang

Established Member
Guys, The Dragon is no joke. It's very dangerous.Not just for bikes but for cars too.Damn near wrecked my 97 on it several years ago.Just give it the respect it deserves! But do enjoy the scenery. You'll be hard pressed to find a more beautiful place.You guys have a great time! Oh don't forgot to visit the Fontana Dam.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
i'd be scared to DEATH to run it in that kinda snow/weather! I ran it in July in my 8 and barely even had traction then :eek:

Search

Established Member
Thank you so much. I knew that place was around here but didn't know exactly. Too bad it's on the other side of the state.

97cobra1

Established Member
Well, looks like i'll be making the drive over to meet you guys that day. I live about 30-45 minutes from the mouth depending on traffic through wears valley. On my calender now. :thumbsup:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
i'd be scared to DEATH to run it in that kinda snow/weather! I ran it in July in my 8 and barely even had traction then :eek:
Yeah that's what Im thinking. They are supposed to get more snow tomorrow. Im gonna check the road conditions saturday night and MAYBE make the run in my 4x4 just to take some pics and get the route tied down. Its gonna be a couple of weeks before I get to go again I really wanted to get it done this weekend, there is a local cruise in the next weekend and I wanted to have a flyer done and start promoting. Oh well at least it won't snow in July!!!!
Well, looks like i'll be making the drive over to meet you guys that day. I live about 30-45 minutes from the mouth depending on traffic through wears valley. On my calender now. :thumbsup:
Sweet man hope to see you there!!!!:beer:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Just a little bump to the top. Been so busy I hadn't had time to make the run yet to get the route down but I am going to be doing so very soon. Next Sunday if everything goes as planned.

Users who are viewing this thread