Are a lot of people forgetting the 2011 GT is still a GT?

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
Some of you that are paying upper 30s for a GT/CS are crazy.

I looked at the price of a 2009 GT and they are going for $22k if not less. So even though these new GTs do have the new 5.0 wouldnt a lot of you think that in 2 years the 2011 GT will also be able to be had for the low $20k?

I want to get one bad since I could save $8k over a used Z06 and they are a lot more comfortable. Just hard to think of spending $30k on a 2011 GT and by July not be able to get $26k for it

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
that notion can be said about ANYTHING.

a phone is still just a phone... and i bet a phone that was top of the line or "newest and greatest" two years ago could be had for cheap now.

heck a phone i paid xxx.xx for two months ago, can be had for xx.xx or even free with a m.i.r.

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
that notion can be said about ANYTHING.

a phone is still just a phone... and i bet a phone that was top of the line or "newest and greatest" two years ago could be had for cheap now.

heck a phone i paid xxx.xx for two months ago, can be had for xx.xx or even free with a m.i.r.

Damn, very good point!!! Sometimes the obvious just doesnt compute in my head :lol:

That being said I guess Im just trying to figure out if I should wait til mid 2011 and get a 2011 GT for mid 20s or fully loaded for 27kish
I can afford a brand new one right now thats not the issue. I just hate parting with money and look at every possible option and go with the best option.

If I wait til mid 2011 my truck will depreciate more also maybe not as much as the mustang though being mines a 2007. Ugh decisions decisions

AmnDucky

Established Member
You know, I keep seeing people say "I can't believe you would pay $35k for a GT". But the GT's of past didn't have Sync, heated seats, automatic headlights, 6-speed transmissions, HID headlights, Brembo brakes, EPAS, 412 HP, 3.73's, glass roofs, ambient interior lighting, or many of the other options now available. This isn't an 09 GT, and therefore it costs more than an 09 GT. Also, you can see 09 GT's for that price because of the 2011 GT's. The new GT's are so much better than the 09's that people HAVE to charge that little for them or they won't sell. Supply and demand.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
400+ HP factory Mustangs aren't cheap. 03 Cobras were around $35K when they were new. 2011 GTs have a ton of improvements and are just as capable / mod friendly. I think it is actually a bargain that they can be better equipped and cost less than an 03 Cobra did when it was new 8 years ago. I call it progress. IMO the 2011 could have easily been badged as an SVT.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
IMHO... used is the ONLY WAY to buy cars. Buying new includes the first on the block penalty which is only slightly offset by a little more warranty.
But since we are not talking about BMW, Audi, or Porsche getting stuff fixed just isn't that expensive to justify taking that depreciation hit.

The value on my Mystichrome TANKED crazy bad, I made an exception to my own rule on that one and I'll never do it again.:nonono:

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
IMHO... used is the ONLY WAY to buy cars. Buying new includes the first on the block penalty which is only slightly offset by a little more warranty.
But since we are not talking about BMW, Audi, or Porsche getting stuff fixed just isn't that expensive to justify taking that depreciation hit.

The value on my Mystichrome TANKED crazy bad, I made an exception to my own rule on that one and I'll never do it again.:nonono:

Yea I agree, I want a new 5.0 by March at the latest but I may wait until I see them hitting the 25-26k range.

Digital

Established Member
400+ HP factory Mustangs aren't cheap. 03 Cobras were around $35K when they were new. 2011 GTs have a ton of improvements and are just as capable / mod friendly. I think it is actually a bargain that they can be better equipped and cost less than an 03 Cobra did when it was new 8 years ago. I call it progress. IMO the 2011 could have easily been badged as an SVT.
No.

Yes.

lsp408

Established Member
Why people buy brand new car????....because they want something new and no one abuse it but themself. They love that new car smell. Buying a new car is exciting. its kinda like open the present for the first time on Xmas morning.

I do agree that buying new car is like getting **** in the azz because of depreciation, this is part of life. if you want newest and top of the line, you have to pay more or you can simply get 2nd hand car or stuff that save lots of $$$ but it may not be 100% what you want for and you may have to settle for some love stain in the back seat.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Some of you that are paying upper 30s for a GT/CS are crazy.

I looked at the price of a 2009 GT and they are going for $22k if not less. So even though these new GTs do have the new 5.0 wouldnt a lot of you think that in 2 years the 2011 GT will also be able to be had for the low $20k?

I want to get one bad since I could save $8k over a used Z06 and they are a lot more comfortable. Just hard to think of spending $30k on a 2011 GT and by July not be able to get $26k for it

20k for a 09 GT? your ****ing high too. they were damn near the same price, i know i had one once. they were more like 32k or so. i paid 30 out the door for a completely fully loaded 45th and that was mid 2009.

yes the 2011 is still JUST a GT w/e but are we crazy for paying 34k? not really considering what the car offers. if you dont like the price just dont buy the damn thing.

FORD4U

Established Member
couldnt have said it better

^^^^^^^^^^this is too true^^^^^^^^^
let someone else be the sucka, those who buy first allow me to continue to own lol, i bought my F250 used and got it cheap, my buddy bought a 3500 cummings new at the same time and three years later i own mine title in hand and he decided his was too expensive with the 600$ payment, now he drives a explorer.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
IMHO - The 3V GTs resale values got hurt bad by the 2011s and the 5.0s. I dont think in 2 yrs the same depreciation will have occurred in the 2011s

my .02

solidhadriel

Established Member
IMHO - The 3V GTs resale values got hurt bad by the 2011s and the 5.0s. I dont think in 2 yrs the same depreciation will have occurred in the 2011s

my .02

This.

I can't see the new 5.0s worth 20k in 2 years, unless they are

A) Salvaged
or
B) High miles

Maybe the 3.7L will be worth 20k in 2 years, and I'm alright with that. ;)

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I paid @ 28k for my cobra new.,. rebates and emplyee price FTMFW!!!!!!

but 34k+ for a a new GT is :eek:

leotheviper2000

Established Member
I Was Gonna Wait

I was planning on waiting till sometime next year to get mine, hoping the price would come down. Then i went to a couple of dealerships and did a lot of reasearch on how low other people went. My sticker price was 36K i paid 31K.
I owned a 09 Accourd that i paid 30K for. Cars cost more $$$ these days, but there are still good deals out there.
Never Pay the sticker price, if they wont go as low as you want try someone else, its the sticker price for a reason, meaning you can always buy it at that price.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The 2011's are a bargain, big time. It's the only car that I would buy new. I don't really care about depreciation because when I buy a car, I buy it to enjoy it, not worry about how much it will be worth in 3 years. I always found that funny when people worry about resale value on a car like this. I can see if it were a Toyota Camry or Ford Taurus, family cars, but not a Mustang or a Vette.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I paid @ 28k for my cobra new.,. rebates and emplyee price FTMFW!!!!!!

but 34k+ for a a new GT is :eek:

I believe we paid just over $30k for ours, and we don't get special pricing or anything, but our dealer does take care of us. Weikert Ford in Lake Whales, FL :beer:

But like what was said earlier, the 03-04 Cobra's didn't get TiVCT, HID's, 412 HP, all the creature comforts AND don't get near the MPG that the new GT does. The GT and Cobra badges are just that, badges. The only thing the old Cobra got that the new GT can't get is IRS, and even those are not great in the old Cobra and the solid axle in the new GT is stronger and still gives a great ride and handles better.

kevinp

Established Member
Thats why I just bought a base GT with an auto. 31.2K MSRP, invoice minus 1500 rebate minus 750 coupon was 27,011 plus TTL.

Its a lot of car for 27K IMO, but I'm sure you could buy a used one for 22-23K in a year. But who knows how bad it was ragged out in that year, I have seen people destroy their cars in 6 months and thats not the one I want. But sure for 30 grand there are a lot of nice cars out there new, if I remember I paid around 26K for a new LS1 Z28 auto back in 1999 and it didnt have leather interior. But it did have t-tops, otherwise options are similar but the mustang stock is no doubt quicker, so not a bad deal IMO.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i love how everyone on here is a broke baller (alot of people claim to have alot of cash), everyone wants to complain that 30-35K is alot to ask for well.... go to smack down and read about inflation of the dollar... also whats a gt500 go for again vs what the 03/04 sold for? hmmm yea.... theres almost a 20K difference

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread