Are a lot of people forgetting the 2011 GT is still a GT?

kevinp

Established Member
:dw: I know....not think..that you're way off on that one.

Here's two premium 11' GT's (not a 401s but I'm sure sure you'll see them soon,401a wasn't exactly an expensive option at $395) for 26,990-27,988 already.

AutoTrader Ad.

and

Autotrader Ad.

Sure in three years time you'll be able to find just a few more than those two for that price or a LOT less.

These cars are mustangs....even though Ford is doing better they'll still depreciate. Just the way it goes...not some personal attack on people's choice of car as some seem to take it. I've had plenty of mustangs (03 10th anniversary cobra,02 GT,etc,etc) and know how it is.

I've only bought one car new..that was the 02 GT because it was on X plan and 0% finacing. Sold it a little over 2 years later for a touch more than half the sticker..
I bought my 03 cobra off here from a classified ad in September of 04....with 7500 miles on it for 25,000....which admittedly was a steal at the time. Sticker was 36K+ being a 10th anniversary.... did it hurt my feelings that it'd already dropped 10K in a year? Heck no.... I enjoyed the car for 4 years and then sold it.

Whole point is....these are still "just" Mustang GT's..... and the price will drop in time as it always has.

+1

There are couple 400A cars brand new on eBay for 28,999.00

Ford : Mustang - eBay (item 220696238041 end time Jan-12-11 04:51:53 PST)

Thats a legit dealer, I'm sure thats including all rebates but not sure if you can apply the 750.00 coupon.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
im so sick of people crying over dumb stuff. Who doesnt know u take a huge hit on buying a new car. Thats the price u pay for having something new. Who ever is buying a car for the value is a retard. its a mustang GT. its not 1 of a 100. stop being gay and just enjoy having a new car that no one messed up.

trendkilllx

Established Member
I can afford a 2011 gt but living in CA with a 10% additional charge (tax, lic) and not being able to get any special deals (x plan), I would be out 10k just driving it off the lot!

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
Im finding plenty under $30k that are used. I was only seraching within 500 miles I extended that to any amount of miles and theres lots about 700 miles from me. Ill make that drive anyday to save a few grand

oneof185

Established Member
just wait.. oh interior is better..umm motor is better...ahhh dahhh thats how this car busniess works.. its just a gt.. nothing crazy.. yes its a nice car but this motor will be a slut for ford.. you ll be able to get it in everthing..plus the crate motors they will be selling left and right..have you guys seen the new 370z.. 1M.. alot of super nice cars are comming out or are here.

Who gives a shit about a 370z. There are always plenty of nice cars, to each his own. The topic is the $ being paid for a Mustang GT...and the 370 is in the same price range too.
If one wants to spend 35k on ANY type of car, who the fxxx cares. There are plenty of cars that cost more than what we are paying for 'just a GT'.
I paid 35k and am happy.
For all of those that prefer used, guess what, someone has to buy new before they are used.

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
Who gives a shit about a 370z. There are always plenty of nice cars, to each his own. The topic is the $ being paid for a Mustang GT...and the 370 is in the same price range too.
If one wants to spend 35k on ANY type of car, who the fxxx cares. There are plenty of cars that cost more than what we are paying for 'just a GT'.
I paid 35k and am happy.
For all of those that prefer used, guess what, someone has to buy new before they are used.

We are totally in debt to you for taking that big hit in depreciation. Thank for letting us out there that want the same car but a year later be able to get it for $5k less :beer:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
We are totally in debt to you for taking that big hit in depreciation. Thank for letting us out there that want the same car but a year later be able to get it for $5k less :beer:

And it may be a teen driven, plug spitter, ticker, (insert problem here) that the original owner has traded back to the dealer so it can become some second owners nightmare.

at least the first owner will know the full history. Dollars well spent for peace of mind in most cases.

cobra916

Established Member
I paid 35k and am happy.

35k hummm 2011 gt or 2006-2007 z06... yea thas a hard one :dw:

Last edited:

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
I consider myself blessed because I can afford a new car. More importantly(to me anyway) I am passionate about automobiles and I buy a car because that's what I want to drive and have fun, If your buying a new car with it's resale value in mind than buy a bicycle! Unless your buying a classic, cars are not an investment.

barstoolman

Established Member
Some of you that are paying upper 30s for a GT/CS are crazy.

I looked at the price of a 2009 GT and they are going for $22k if not less. So even though these new GTs do have the new 5.0 wouldnt a lot of you think that in 2 years the 2011 GT will also be able to be had for the low $20k?

I want to get one bad since I could save $8k over a used Z06 and they are a lot more comfortable. Just hard to think of spending $30k on a 2011 GT and by July not be able to get $26k for it

So don't :bash:....problem solved :beer:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I like the Z06 arguments here, that's funny. Especially since we're talking about resale value.

Purchased my 08 Z06 2LZ, JSB, Chrome, Nav for right at about 70,000 for invoice in February 08. It's a damn good thing I got it for invoice, saving me almost 10,000 on the car which stickered for 79,995. Sold it in April 2009 when I moved back to Colorado for for $50,000. That's right, in one year, close to half it's value.

That one was hard to stomach.

A member mentioned it earlier, if you're buying a car like this with resale in mind, you probably need to look else where. Toyota would love to sell you a Camry.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I like the Z06 arguments here, that's funny. Especially since we're talking about resale value.

Purchased my 08 Z06 2LZ, JSB, Chrome, Nav for right at about 70,000 for invoice in February 08. It's a damn good thing I got it for invoice, saving me almost 10,000 on the car which stickered for 79,995. Sold it in April 2009 when I moved back to Colorado for for $50,000. That's right, in one year, close to half it's value.

That one was hard to stomach.

A member mentioned it earlier, if you're buying a car like this with resale in mind, you probably need to look else where. Toyota would love to sell you a Camry.

Sorry for your loss, but it makes a real strong point for a used C6 Z :thumbsup: I'm just sayin'

oneof185

Established Member
35k hummm 2011 gt or 2006-2007 z06... yea thas a hard one :dw:

How many miles on that Z06 for that price?
I have a friend that has an 09 Z06, it's not for me. Too low, drags my driveway backing in and out..etc, etc.
So basically anyone that spends 35k or more on any sports car, should look for a used Z06 Corvette, because that's what you like.

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
Hell I'd be thrilled t get 22K for this base/auto GT in two years. I just sold my 2011 M3 I had for 6mos and 6K miles and lost about 8K. Not too bad since if I would have leased one it would have cost 800 a month plus a couple thousand down at signing so I'm not crying over that one. Sucks for me but the guy I sold it to got a deal and he is happy..

Only car/truck I havent taken a beating on buying new in 30 years was my old 2007 duramax crew cab pickup, bought it at invoice less 4500 in rebates new when the economy died and diesel was 5.00 a gallon. Drove and towed with it for 3 years and 50K miles and sold it for 1,000.00 less than I paid for it.

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Sorry for your loss, but it makes a real strong point for a used C6 Z :thumbsup: I'm just sayin'

Oh, it sure!

But then I would never go back to a Z06 at this point, regardless of new or used.

It's one of those halo cars that everyone looks up to. Rightfully so, it does so many things so well. Once you've owned one though, you kinda get over it.

As many things as it's good at, there's just as many that it sucks at. The price of entry isn't just the initial upfront cost. Tires wear out ridiculously quick, the oil changes are ridiculous, the ride is horrible, the build quality is suspect, the engine sounds like it's going to rattle itself apart if you're not railing on it.

I could really go on and on. As a car you drive a couple times a month and track, it's brutally awesome. On a car you have to live with daily, it sucks donkey balls.

I had a ton of fun in it, but it's utter lack of civility was one of the main reasons I sold it.

Last edited:

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
I know what you mean Torch, I have one of those trucks that anyone whos into lifted trucks would love to have. To me its just 'eh' since I own it and all, but others tell me Im lucky to have it lol

Im on the vette forums and even though people tell me they love their Z06 that its not a good daily driver and thats what my next vehicle would be. Hell Id drive the shit out of my next vehicle. So Im leaning towards a slightly used 2011 GT for sure now.

I checked auto trader and there are plenty of 2011 GT premiums for $30k so thats what Im going to get when I move to MO next week

Users who are viewing this thread