Anyone planning on making it out to the open course?

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Im going. I got sunday off!!!! Hell yeah I have been wanting to go to this track ever since I learned about it. Happy im going in my cobra and not my old 94 I used to own. Cannot wait! Hope to see a lot of you guys out there.
GREAT NEWS!!!:beer:

Definitely come on up and say hi. You won't be able to miss us with the Shelby GT-H (all of the registrations on the site are us for the GT-H I believe so far). I will be there in my 04 and we will also have a C230 Kompressor SS. I believe we are planning on making it to the track @ 8:00am sharp.

We will be in the classroom learning about the rules, safety and regulations on the event a good portion of the morning then it's game time on the track w/ the instructor!!! That's a great part of this I am actually happy to have an instructor who can give me pointers etc on driving the course...

Happy to hear you signed up and glad to see a new edge out there. I think so far you will be the only new edge. There are a few other stangs on the registration sheet though.
:pop:

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
ok I'll be there at 8 am.sucks that ur going from SD but I guess you got to do what u got to do. i'll def. stop by and say what's up. I'm probably going to have the slowest car there haha. stock 01 baby.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
ok I'll be there at 8 am.sucks that ur going from SD but I guess you got to do what u got to do. i'll def. stop by and say what's up. I'm probably going to have the slowest car there haha. stock 01 baby.
I'm actually coming from the Malibu area. Your car will perform better then you think. New Edge cobras are great platforms on the open track. Very well rounded cars.

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
I hope so. I looked at the map and they are pretty close by to LACR, palmdale area. We should hit that up afterwards haha. I wonder if anything is going on there.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
I hope so. I looked at the map and they are pretty close by to LACR, palmdale area. We should hit that up afterwards haha. I wonder if anything is going on there.
Also are you driving a vert? Reason I ask is there are certain regulations put in place regarding verts.

racebronco2

Established Member
There should be about 3 instructors for the beginners group. It is mostly a lead and follow sessions and if the students request for any of the instructors for a ride in the instructors cars that would ok. The students can also request for instructors to drive the students cars or for the instructors to ride along as a passenger coaching the students.

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Also are you driving a vert? Reason I ask is there are certain regulations put in place regarding verts.
no no no im not into the vert scene yet. To scared about flipping over and stuff. I really need to go to the track I have a lot of extreme turning in my system which I need to get out haha.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
There should be about 3 instructors for the beginners group. It is mostly a lead and follow sessions and if the students request for any of the instructors for a ride in the instructors cars that would ok. The students can also request for instructors to drive the students cars or for the instructors to ride along as a passenger coaching the students.
RaceBronco, very cool I might like to get a ride around the track in an instructors car to see how it's really done. That would be a lot of fun.
:beer:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
no no no im not into the vert scene yet. To scared about flipping over and stuff. I really need to go to the track I have a lot of extreme turning in my system which I need to get out haha.
+1!:beer:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
Racebronco, How does it work with 2 people sharing 1 car who are both beginners? Are their 2 segments of beginner groups?

racebronco2

Established Member
there is only one beginners group, but what we could do is during the lead and follow we can give the second driver a ride in our (instructors) car.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
Crazy01Cobra,

Did you register on the site? I don't see you on there.:shrug:

etfhb

Established Member
svt4stv said:
can they drive? (people with GT-H?). will Hertz insurance cover taking it to the track? i dont think personal car insurance will. dont wanna get :burn:

i checked the helmets at two Pep Boys. all the helmets were $110 or less and none had any ratings stickers anywhere :shrug:

where are some other places to buy them?

Plenty of places online, but you may want to try on first to make sure it fits right.
I’m not sure where you live, but Simpson is in Torrance, and Bell is in Costa Mesa. A new helmet will have a snell 2005 rating (located behind the inner padding).

Here is the link to mine, which is a very comfortable basic full-face helmet for around $400
http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/products/product_detail.aspx?cat_id=34&prod_id=4841

Here is an open face model:

http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/...l.aspx?cat_id=308&prod_id=5951&showFeatures=1

Last edited:

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
the ones at pep boys have the ratings in the back of the back of the helmet on the outside. I was looking at them yesterday. A lot of them say only snell approved

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
the ones at pep boys have the ratings in the back of the back of the helmet on the outside. I was looking at them yesterday. A lot of them say only snell approved
Yeah only 1 I saw had both and that's the one we purchased.

I have to get my new rear tires put on today, put on a new radiator cap, and tighten my oil temp sender fitting and I am good to go. (Tech sheet fixes)

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
i just need to cover my battery terminals. get a long sleeve cotton shirt and make sure the helmet im borrowing/ might buy from the guy is SA approved and all.

I saw one helmet that said SA m2000 but it was the kind that covers the whole face and has that face shield thing. I really hate that so I didnt get it. But one of my buddies friends are selling his helmet so I might buy it for 40. We'll see he's going to bring it by.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
i just need to cover my battery terminals. get a long sleeve cotton shirt and make sure the helmet im borrowing/ might buy from the guy is SA approved and all.

I saw one helmet that said SA m2000 but it was the kind that covers the whole face and has that face shield thing. I really hate that so I didnt get it. But one of my buddies friends are selling his helmet so I might buy it for 40. We'll see he's going to bring it by.
How are you covering your battery terminals? I don't have a plastic + cover if that's what you are referring to.

I had to get a ton of stuff taken care of on my tech sheet.

- 2 new rear tires BFG 295/35/18 KDW2's
- Had to get a new radiator reservoir cap b/c the other one was faulty. It was a 16lb now I have a 20lb Stant cap.
- oil temp sender was leaking ever so slightly so we tightened it up. Noticed a slight hairline crack in the oil cooler adaptor piece, but it shouldn't be a problem at all. I will have it replaced next week.
- Going to bring an extra bottle of Mobil 1 just in case (won't need that much if anything), but I don't think it will be a problem at all.

Our helmets are Snell and Dot approved, clothes are packed and my girlfriend and her mom picked up the Shelby GT-H tonight. Need a cooler, some ice and some snacks which I think my girl put together and we are good to go!

:beer:

Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread