Anyone planning on making it out to the open course?

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
There are some great open track events scheduled this year and I was planning specifically to make it out to February 17th's track event, but I thought I'd post the schedule for all those who are interested.

It would be nice to get some more cars from some locals on these forums. Maybe we can schedule a cruise to the meet.

Click Here for Schedule

racebronco2

Established Member
I'll be there instructing. I haven't driven horse theif mile before but what friends tell me it is a fun course with elevation changes.

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
racebronco? you aren't the guy who has the frankentruck are ya? :)

i'll see if i can get out there. i've started bringing in some cash so i should be able to start doing some things.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
It will be my first time so I am pretty excited about it. I need to get an instructor with it being my first time and all.

The car is where I want it to be, I just need to button up a few minor things. Should be a blast. Hopefully I will see you all out there.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ill go with ya dave :beer:

ive been wanting to go. just need a roll bar.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
svt4stv said:
ill go with ya dave :beer:

ive been wanting to go. just need a roll bar.
Nice Steve, that be great if you went. Let's plan it out and cruise there together. Do you need a rollbar for verts on the open course? Will a saleen bar work? If so throw one of those on there.

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Me and a bunch of guys Norcal SVTOA will be going to quit a few tracks this year including Infineon, Buttonwillow, and Thunderhill.

racebronco2

Established Member
dmark101 said:
racebronco? you aren't the guy who has the frankentruck are ya? :)

yes i used to have the frankenbronco but i bought an 04 comp orange cobra and used the money from the truck to upgrade the car. A roll bar is required for verts, a saleen bar will not protect you in a roll over.

hello mark how you doing since the svtoa event.

carlos mejia socal chapter director
aka diablito
aka frankenbronco owner

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Venomous01 said:
Nice Steve, that be great if you went. Let's plan it out and cruise there together. Do you need a rollbar for verts on the open course? Will a saleen bar work? If so throw one of those on there.

dude! youve seen my car like 100x, usually from behind, you dont remember that i have a light bar?! :poke:

so yeah, ive gotta get a roll bar.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
svt4stv said:
dude! youve seen my car like 100x, usually from behind, you dont remember that i have a light bar?! :poke:

so yeah, ive gotta get a roll bar.
Totally forgot you had one.:kaboom: If you can get something in in time let me know. I think we will be registering this weekend or next week.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Venomous01 said:
Totally forgot you had one.:kaboom: If you can get something in in time let me know. I think we will be registering this weekend or next week.

nah, dont think ill have one in time. i also dont have a helmet, do you? though i wouldnt mind checking it out to see how things work. i could do some video taping if you wanted.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
svt4stv said:
nah, dont think ill have one in time. i also dont have a helmet, do you? though i wouldnt mind checking it out to see how things work. i could do some video taping if you wanted.
Yeah I have an approved helmet. I picked one up and so did my girlfriend and her mom. I think as far as we go we may have the following going plus anyone on here who would like to go as well. I registered already for the event. It's funny seeing the hp and cars who are registered already with 120-230 flywheel hp and then seeing me with 700 flywheel hp. It's going to be a sad day when a miata rips past me. Haha.

1) Me - 04 Whipple Cobra
2) My girlfriend/her mom - Shelby GT-H
3) Possibly her uncle in his C230 Kompressor
4) Anyone else who would like to go and cruise there together.

Steve if you want to come check it out you're more then welcome to get some badass footage or maybe do a ride along with me.:beer:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
svt4stv said:
where did you guys get your helmets and how much?
I found a Snell, DOT etc... approved helmet @ Pep boys actually. Not all of the helmets they had were approved so I had to make sure I got the right one.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
svt4stv said:
I found a Snell, DOT etc... approved helmet @ Pep boys actually. Not all of the helmets they had were approved so I had to make sure I got the right one. We picked up 2 sizes in the same helmet.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
svt4stv said:
I found a Snell, DOT etc... approved helmet @ Pep boys actually. Not all of the helmets they had were approved so I had to make sure I got the right one. We picked up 2 sizes in the same helmet.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
svt4stv said:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ok man, damn! :poke:

i saw those at pep boys but i didnt see the right ones there. arent they supposed to be snell 95 or something?

Users who are viewing this thread