Anyone planning on making it out to the open course?

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
hey for the 17th how much does it cost to get out there? I really want to go to willow sometime soon. i know http://www.cocoaoc.org is going there in sept but the horsethief looks like a lot of fun
It's very cheap around $150 for the entire day with an instructor. It's going to be a blast... click the link in my original post and click on the 17th it will give you all the info you need.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
one more thing though before i forget. Does that price include helmet?
Unfortunately no. You will need to pick up a approved helmet. You can get one ranging from $80-$150. It's worth it to invest in one that is approved for the drag strip and open track.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Venomous01 said:
Great!

I'll be there in my Cobra and we should have 2 Shelby GT-Hs. One for my girlfriend and her mom and the other for her uncle.

:beer:

can they drive? (people with GT-H?). will Hertz insurance cover taking it to the track? i dont think personal car insurance will. dont wanna get :burn:

i checked the helmets at two Pep Boys. all the helmets were $110 or less and none had any ratings stickers anywhere :shrug:

where are some other places to buy them?

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
svt4stv said:
can they drive? (people with GT-H?). will Hertz insurance cover taking it to the track? i dont think personal car insurance will. dont wanna get :burn:

i checked the helmets at two Pep Boys. all the helmets were $110 or less and none had any ratings stickers anywhere :shrug:

where are some other places to buy them?
It looks like we may just be renting 1 GT-H. My girlfriends uncle may be driving his Mercedes at the track. Can they drive?... well yeah, but her mom drives aggressive and my girl drives timid. They will have instructors there coaching them and they aren't going there to drive like a bat out of hell. They just want to have a little fun with the mustang around the track. They aren't looking to break track times. In any event they will check to make sure they have all the coverage they need. In a worst case scenario on the car I'm not sure what the cost would be on a Shelby GT-H, but they would have it covered no problem.

In regards to the helmets we all got our helmets with like 3 approved ratings on them. They are O'neills or something...full face with visor.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
ok cool. where will i be able to pick a helmet up? What specs should i look out for when purchasing one?
Go to the speedventures site and make sure to look at the FAQs to see the specific approved helmet standards. Take that and you can go to Pep Boys to see if they have a auto racing helmet that meets those requirements. I'm not sure of any other places, but I am sure you can order one online if you wish.

I can't wait should be a great time. Hopefully you can make it.:beer:

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
Well if I can pick up a helmet in time I will. I already got some nitto 555r going on the car on wed. Thanks for the info, hopeflly I will make it out there.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
Well if I can pick up a helmet in time I will. I already got some nitto 555r going on the car on wed. Thanks for the info, hopeflly I will make it out there.
Do it! Check Pep Boys that's where all 3 of us got our helmets. Took some time though to find the store that had our size in stock on that helmet.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
well i found a helmet. Last thing on the list is going to be brakes and getting off of work.
Oh nice! I have faith haha.

It will be great to see some solid stangs out there. I love new edge cobras so it will be nice seeing one out on the track. This will be your first time as well I assume? Should be a fun day and the weather is looking great on the forecast, 70's!

:pop:

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Im going. I got sunday off!!!! Hell yeah I have been wanting to go to this track ever since I learned about it. Happy im going in my cobra and not my old 94 I used to own. Cannot wait! Hope to see a lot of you guys out there.

Users who are viewing this thread