Anyone planning on making it out to the open course?

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
yeah I got 4 new tires. I'm going to use duct tape over the battery terminals though. brakes are good. the helmet I got is dot and SA approved M2005. its huge though. nakes me look like on of those creatures from mars attacks. i'll post a pic when I get home its pretty funny. other that I tuned the car up a bit and she's ready to go!

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Crazy01Cobra said:
yeah I got 4 new tires. I'm going to use duct tape over the battery terminals though. brakes are good. the helmet I got is dot and SA approved M2005. its huge though. nakes me look like on of those creatures from mars attacks. i'll post a pic when I get home its pretty funny. other that I tuned the car up a bit and she's ready to go!
You didn't make it, where were you?:shrug:

I hope nothing happened. It was an absolute blast! I'm hooked!!!

Excellent event and Carlos (Racebronco) was incredible helpful and a blast to hang out with. We all had a ton of fun, the instructors were fantastic and very helpful and above all it was organized and safe. I got more then enough runs in and everyone involved in putting on the event did a great job.

Special thanks to Racebronco though. My girlfriend, her mother, her uncle and myself learned A LOT from Carlos. I can confidently say I feel like I got better as the day went on. Each run was smoother and quicker. Getting a ride in his car was one of the highlights too. I have a new found respect for the cobras especially when you see a fairly stock one hanging with a zo6 (instructor driving) in the turns. AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks again and we'll see you at the next event!!!!
:beer:

racebronco2

Established Member
I always like to help the guys and gals in mustangs since our cars are considered not to handle very well. The best student i have had so far is Venomous01's girl friend, she drove the correct driving lines almost every lap i rode with her. Once she get the braking zone and able to get up to speed she will be kicking alot import butts out there. She also progressed the most on saturday.

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
LMAO actually I did make it.... on sunday. Haha I forgot to check what day you were going. I must say though it was a freakin blast! Carlos also was my instructor and it was def. very helpful. Of course after getting a ride in his car it made my seem like nothing but I wasn't doing all that bad. What times did you get in your car? I managed to pull a 1:08 I tried breaking into the 7's but it wasnt happening. Next time though. I need some better tires, suspension and experience. Anyways this was a huge blast and I look forward to going again in the near future. I dont know if I will make it out in march (I need to do some suspension and such work) but April is looking good.

racebronco2

Established Member
Sunday's course was run opposite direction then on saturday so the times will be different. The downhill with a kink was dangerous if taken too fast.

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
yaeh thats true forgot about the direction of the track. Man that kink though was a lot of fun. I enjoyed plowing through it as fast as possible haha. Got a little loose on it once but for the most part I was able to tame it.

06GTwJUICE

Established Member
That was my second time on that track and it's a lot of fun.

I think I met all the Mustang people but in my group, had a ton of fun chasing down the M coupe in front of me on the last session.

Who was driving the Ford Festiva?

I couldn't believe my eyes when I flew through a turn only to be on the bumper of a Festiva that lifted the right rear wheel off the ground in the turn!!

anyway.. it was a blast.

edit: My best time of the day was 1:07.072

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
I'll be at willow springs this weekend 5-5/6-07 with nasa. WIll be at the streets with speedtrialusa 5-26/27-07.

Users who are viewing this thread