Anyone else into arcade games?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Anyone on here into arcade games? I loved going to the arcade when I was younger and recently picked up Terminator 2, which I spent too much time playing in the arcade when I was younger.

Here are mine... I need a larger basement! If you're into games, post yours!

image_zps9e753273.jpg

image_zpsd1b51b79.jpg

image_zpse0d4fb38.jpg

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
I owned a vending company in the early 90's. At one time, my garage had 6 games in it, a Star Wars, a Tempest, an R-Type, a Donkey Kong Jr. a Outrun sit down and a Hang On sit down. My garage was the place to be back in the day!

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Are they expensive to keep up?

Mine have been totally maintenance free besides the flourescent bulb up top buring out from time to time. They're just heavy and suck to move especially up and down stairs.

The range to buy them varies greatly too depending on the game and cabinet condition, whether it's a dedicated cabinet, etc. Pinballs always seem to bring good money

SUPER 20G

Established Member
Just started collecting a little over a year ago because of my love for arcades in my younger days. Here are a few picks. I also have a UMK3 and a Wrestlefest. Sorry for the large pics....

7583CA0C-0CB3-4EC5-82CD-C68AC06596B4.jpg

A65B29E2-D200-47A0-A47E-DE55CF4B0FEB.png.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
I've wanted an initial d machine forever. There's a website that delivers the games to your door, hongkongcoinexpress or something like that. Double initial D machine was like 7-8,not bad.

white99stang

Established Member
haha that carnevil game is the one that plays the rob zombie song in it right. Remember that game at my barracks of tech core school in the navy, was in the main lounge area. cool game

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
My brother is starting to get into them. He has a ski ball machine and air hockey table in his basement. His wife and I are thinking about getting him a Pinball or Ms. Pacman machine for his birthday

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's pretty neat. I've heard of a few folks who had arcade games in their basements. I'd love it. Your collections look pretty neat. It would be great if you could pick your five favorites and set them up in your basement for your personal pleasure, and maybe the occasional friend or family.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Love it! We are buying my dad's house in May, it will be nice going from 1400 sq ft to 3600 with a game room. I have always wanted Time Crisis and Area 51, can't wait! You guys that have them, where is the best place to buy? I see them on craigslist from time to time, is there a dedicated website you use?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
322386_275897142439042_1140415267_o_zps314edf90.jpg

My Ms PacMan I restored a few years back

Very nice!!

Love it! We are buying my dad's house in May, it will be nice going from 1400 sq ft to 3600 with a game room. I have always wanted Time Crisis and Area 51, can't wait! You guys that have them, where is the best place to buy? I see them on craigslist from time to time, is there a dedicated website you use?

Sweet! Craigslist or eBay. CL is better to find games locally because shipping can get expensive.

afro

Why?
Established Member
We have 2 full arcade machines at work (free) (T2 Judgement Day and Tekken 2).

We also have a PC with 2 joystick controllers hooked up with a library of over 30 Steam games. Gotta love IT companies ;)

Zemedici

Established Member

Or if there's any arcades going out of business (Dave N Busters, US play) you can get em cheap cheap

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I almost bought marvel vs capcom arcade game on deployment. Shipping is crazy expensive though

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Is that the T2 game with the guns for controllers? If so, I'll be up there in a few days to waste a few hours on it.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread