Anyone else into arcade games?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
It's definitely something I've almost invested in a few times. I was the perfect age for the Arcade era. I can remember playing new Space Invaders and Astroids machines when I was about 8. Problem these days is that most places that still have some games don't maintain them, they are so thrashed they are near worthless.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I love arcade games. Dumped many quarters into them when I was young. My favorites were Ms PacMan, Defender, Galaga, and Karate Champ. When I get my new house I plan on having a couple.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
there is a guy in my area that has his basement full of video games. He has some rare ones, too. He has around 25 so far. He is constantly refurbishing them. In order to pay for this, he opens his basement up once a month by invite, charges $10 for 4-5 hours of all you can play. He has Donkey Kong Jr., Centipede, Burger Time, Elevator Action, Galaga, Frogger, Pac Man, Punch Out, Zaxxon, and a whole bunch more. It is pretty cool, takes me back to the days when the $.25 arcades were cranking in the 80's

here is a link to his facebook page, from there, you can contact him if you want to visit. He will put you on a list and send emails when he is ready. https://www.facebook.com/WienersAndLosers

Last edited:

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
This is what I'm down to right now which I just recently repaired both myself (shuffle bowling and a slot machine). I'm looking for more and hope T2 or The Simpsons make it in my basement. Also have a pool table and dart board which are my favorites.

20150102_010315.jpg

GeigerZ

Established Member
Been on the hunt for the full size arcade Missile Command. One quarter would last hours and hours.

BTW nice setup OP!!!

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Grew up in the 80's and 90's and definitely a big fan of arcade games. During my high school years, I would spend every friday and saturday night at the arcade in the mall playing fighting games like Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct. I didn't go to my prom; was the arcade instead and had a 93 game win streak in Killer Instinct in front of at least 30+ ppl, it was awesome.

I still play arcade games now via MAME, with a Mad Katz arcade stick. It takes me back to those days.

C0bra99

Established Member
Got 15 Pinball machines(HB, ToM, Tron LE, TZ, LOTR, T2, RFM, IM, TSPP, FG, Transformers LE, SM, T3 and SW)
new1.JPG Some old pics
I'm a big Terminator fan so in this pic is my 1/2 T800 from Sideshow.
Made a custom control panel MAME machine with over 8000 games using the original roms
23.JPG
24.JPG
Pool Table and kegerator, Basement get loud some days:D

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I used to go to one at the local mall when I was younger loved a lot of these games and others. Gives me ideas for my basement lol. Just put T2 arcade in my SNES and played today with my two year old trying to play as well lol.

bobafett

Established Member
Anyone on here into arcade games? I loved going to the arcade when I was younger and recently picked up Terminator 2, which I spent too much time playing in the arcade when I was younger.

Here are mine... I need a larger basement! If you're into games, post yours!

image_zps9e753273.jpg

image_zpsd1b51b79.jpg

image_zpse0d4fb38.jpg

WOW!! I mean saweeet, Id love to have something like this... Very nice man! :thumbsup:

99saleenspeedster

Established Member

red351wcobra

Established Member
I built my game/pool room about three years ago. I had all of the games from over the years. I just needed a nice room to put them in. Silent Scope is my newest edition.

photo4_zpsd01abd1e.jpg

photo5_zpsaecf69c7.jpg

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I built my game/pool room about three years ago. I had all of the games from over the years. I just needed a nice room to put them in. Silent Scope is my newest edition.

photo4_zpsd01abd1e.jpg

photo5_zpsaecf69c7.jpg

Very nice!! A buddy of mine is selling a Silent Scope now.. I don't have room for it though, it's pretty big!

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Awesome! I don't have any cabinets but I do have loads of arcade games on my PC. Love that Terminator 2 game..runs great on MAME.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
This is awesome, I loved arcades in the 90's. Although the thought of buying them never occurred to me there are several I'd like to own.

Users who are viewing this thread