Established Member
This is a local guys basement

image_zps6cc1037b.jpg

image_zps8e5b3f28.jpg

image_zps718cb88c.jpg

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
I've always wanted to build a MAME cabinet. A lot more practical than finding/buying up arcade machines.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I've always wanted to build a MAME cabinet. A lot more practical than finding/buying up arcade machines.

That's what I did. One machine can play pretty much any game. Haven't played mine in a few years though.

CASSPER

Established Member
Just started collecting a little over a year ago because of my love for arcades in my younger days. Here are a few picks. I also have a UMK3 and a Wrestlefest. Sorry for the large pics....

7583CA0C-0CB3-4EC5-82CD-C68AC06596B4.jpg

A65B29E2-D200-47A0-A47E-DE55CF4B0FEB.png.jpg

oh goodness. nostalgia just hit me hard, i havent thought about carnievil in such a long time. also K@ is probably the arcade game ive spent the most time on.

Id love to build a mame cabinet (small tabletop one though), but i dont need another project right now- not to mention the hours ill probably spend playing the games, lol

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
there is a guy in my area that has his basement full of video games. He has some rare ones, too. He has around 25 so far. He is constantly refurbishing them. In order to pay for this, he opens his basement up once a month by invite, charges $10 for 4-5 hours of all you can play. He has Donkey Kong Jr., Centipede, Burger Time, Elevator Action, Galaga, Frogger, Pac Man, Punch Out, Zaxxon, and a whole bunch more. It is pretty cool, takes me back to the days when the $.25 arcades were cranking in the 80's

here is a link to his facebook page, from there, you can contact him if you want to visit. He will put you on a list and send emails when he is ready. https://www.facebook.com/WienersAndLosers
Thanks for that, saw he is in the triad area, would love to go visit that, I probably havent played a stand-up arcade game in 10 years now lol

cobrarob2345

Established Member
That big room with the pool table is insane man. It mist be a beautiful home. My favorite arcade game is gun fight. U guys should check that out. The only one iver ever seen is up at funspot in lake winnepausaukee or however u spell it

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Latest addition..

I remember playing this game as a child at Skateland West and other local arcades when I was around 12 years old. In around 1994 or 95 my dad bought the compact model which was an upright machine with a bench for our basement arcade.

I always loved this game and a few days back, a cockpit version was posted and I had to have it. It's one of 800 made... Guess they made 1 for every pound it weighs lol

With the help of my dad, we retrieved it last night. It's in very good condition overall with only a few small scrapes in the artwork.

The only question now... How do I get it in the basement?!?!

EAB7619D-4B1C-4520-9569-EBFE787E9B09_zpsazk3bgyl.jpg

E580BB7D-011F-4E21-9D50-DDA7B04CD099_zps8jpiawgs.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You need to come down here and check out the comic shop by the house. The have a classic arcade section. All the games are still a quarter. I'll occasionally take a $10 roll over when I need to blow off some steam.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
You need to come down here and check out the comic shop by the house. The have a classic arcade section. All the games are still a quarter. I'll occasionally take a $10 roll over when I need to blow off some steam.

I could see that being a good way to relax, classics are always the best

Blackness03

Established Member
Use to love going to them when I was a kid and I still like going to them today when we go to Myrtle or Daytona beach. The ones on the boardwalk look like they never left the 80/90s

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Latest addition..

I remember playing this game as a child at Skateland West and other local arcades when I was around 12 years old. In around 1994 or 95 my dad bought the compact model which was an upright machine with a bench for our basement arcade.

I always loved this game and a few days back, a cockpit version was posted and I had to have it. It's one of 800 made... Guess they made 1 for every pound it weighs lol

With the help of my dad, we retrieved it last night. It's in very good condition overall with only a few small scrapes in the artwork.

The only question now... How do I get it in the basement?!?!

Awesome. I can still remember the first time I played hard drivin. It was an absolute game changer. I remember a buddy and me used to drive about 20 miles to a truck stop to play the bench version of race drivin because it was the only place that had it.

Users who are viewing this thread