Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dep, my sources say it will msrp at $67,995.

I am my sources. Me and myself take zero liability for what I ends up saying.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Has anyone else seen this?

IMG_4200_zpsutk9ygif.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very interesting. Can’t read the top right corner well, but it appears to be an engineering drawing of the strut tower brace?
1/14/19 incoming.
-J

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Has anyone else seen this?

View attachment 1542489

...it appears to be an engineering drawing of the strut tower brace?

While it wasn't that specific document, @Tob posted a similar-looking patent diagram about a month ago...
View attachment 1533592 Exotic? Looks like Ford is branching out even if it ain't pretty. Nice to see Jamal's name behind it too. This is what you could barely see in the blower case photo Ford released last week. Cast-magnesium. More, more, more, Ford!

Patent Images

View attachment 1533599

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks Norton. The STB that HooperWest posted up on looks near identical to the patent document STB as well as what little you can see of it in the blower case photo Ford released. Interesting that there isn't any data shown and it looks like somebody is hiding other key elements that would normally show up in the text area. Nice find Hooper!

DepWraith

Established Member
Yeah, I figured nobody would answer...because it's impossible to be wrong if you don't post ANYTHING right? (anyone can say read between the lines, that's not definitive at all).

Go ahead and bludgeon all you want, I've explained my info the entire time and quite frankly don't care what those of you "in the know" think.

The important thing for everyone else to remember here is the few that keep poking fun at everyone who was passed along information all the while not providing any information themselves.

Here's a list of everything confirmed (posted) by those "in the know".

This car has been delayed 2 years from it's original planned production date and a lot has changed, yet not one post from those "in the know" with anything specific. Just the usual "read between the lines" comments, especially after leaked drawing, renderings and photographs. But of course they will all come out saying "I told you so" without having actually done so.

I've sat here and watched several people over the past few years who simply poke fun at others, ride on other's coattails and spew how wrong everyone else all the while those same people have contributed zero information other than vague statements that could not be wrong.

These members have failed in the spirit of a car forum and should be ashamed of the childish ways they have acted.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Go ahead and bludgeon all you want, I've explained my info the entire time and quite frankly don't care what those of you "in the know" think.

You keep saying "my info" as if that has relevance.

Here's the thing dude, you could have posted that it would be a MY2016 (using factory supplied time machine) GT501 with a 3.8L trash compactor that uses compressed gases to power rocket boosters that aim into the driver's eye sockets in order to grant them mercy from seeing your posts, and it would have been equally correct to "your info." Which is to say, 0% correct.

I don't "think" anything of your info. I just know it is and was always factually incorrect, pointed it out, and then had it validated by reality.

MY2018 5.0L TT 10-speed GT500. Coming soon. And by soon, I mean never.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Agreed, even better between the lines :)
I’m glad I’m off next Friday thru Tuesday—get to sneak away for a trip to the show!
-J

Going to go the 19th myself with some friends if everything pands out. Never been and it’s on my bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yeah, I figured nobody would answer...because it's impossible to be wrong if you don't post ANYTHING right? (anyone can say read between the lines, that's not definitive at all).

The important thing for everyone else to remember here is the few that keep poking fun at everyone who was passed along information all the while not providing any information themselves.

Here's a list of everything confirmed (posted) by those "in the know".

This car has been delayed 2 years from it's original planned production date and a lot has changed, yet not one post from those "in the know" with anything specific. Just the usual "read between the lines" comments, especially after leaked drawing, renderings and photographs. But of course they will all come out saying "I told you so" without having actually done so.

I've sat here and watched several people over the past few years who simply poke fun at others, ride on other's coattails and spew how wrong everyone else all the while those same people have contributed zero information other than vague statements that could not be wrong.

These members have failed in the spirit of a car forum and should be ashamed of the childish ways they have acted.

0d87aaeb495d6abc2d7bff758f05d067.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Hooper mentioned Reddit regarding this...

img_4200_zpsutk9ygif-jpg.1542489

Looks like another angle from the same? From Reddit.

Die 2020 GT500 STB JPEG - Copy.jpg

Looks like a rectangular void at the front center. Will we see another strut brace emblem similar to the one riveted to the GT350 STB? And considering the GT4 Mustangs use no brace at all (yes Virginia, the entire body on the GT4 cars are seam welded) this thing is huge. This fatty flexes that much?

DepWraith

Established Member
You keep saying "my info" as if that has relevance.

Here's the thing dude, you could have posted that it would be a MY2016 (using factory supplied time machine) GT501 with a 3.8L trash compactor that uses compressed gases to power rocket boosters that aim into the driver's eye sockets in order to grant them mercy from seeing your posts, and it would have been equally correct to "your info." Which is to say, 0% correct.

I don't "think" anything of your info. I just know it is and was always factually incorrect, pointed it out, and then had it validated by reality.

MY2018 5.0L TT 10-speed GT500. Coming soon. And by soon, I mean never.

Well quite some time ago I mentioned it will have a rotary gear shift dial. Nobody has debunked that yet. Care to call that incorrect too?

DepWraith

Established Member
DepWraith - this shit is getting annoying. Using your line of argument...so where did you hear about a rotary gear shift dial? Tell us all about it...

Look back thru the posts, you'll see where I posted it.

Can't name names, wouldn't wanna put myself in the position to not get future info (isn't that what others have said here about themselves?)

But the real question is do any of you "in the know" want to say the rotary shift dial isn't so or is that too much of a secret for you guys to post up? LOL.

Zemedici

Established Member
Look back thru the posts, you'll see where I posted it.

Can't name names, wouldn't wanna put myself in the position to not get future info (isn't that what others have said here about themselves?)

But the real question is do any of you "in the know" want to say the rotary shift dial isn't so or is that too much of a secret for you guys to post up? LOL.

820.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread