Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Dusten

Established Member
I am pretty sure that at many sanctioned events, you get shutdown after the first time. Most private events, its up to the track owner.

Only once, I was told to keep my speed/et down at a private event because I was missing a DS loop.
I've always received 1 warning.

11.49 requires a hoop.
10.99 a 6 point.

Some modern cars are built to a degree that allows them to run a bit faster without gear

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Not saying this applies to you personally... but most people I hear say that are the same guys who are pissed because their brand new $150,000 stock exotic lost to a $35,000 car with $10k in mods and good tires.
While it does apply to me (a modded Tacoma smoked me (stock 18 Raptor) at a TRR event), I’ve held this belief fo quite a long time. People had faster Fox bodies for less than a terminator cost. One can go on and on with examples of cheaper cars modded to whatever degree to smoke a more expensive car.

The best is the person that says “well if I spent $50K modding my civic it would be faster than your GT500”. It’s a circular argument and therefore ricer logic.

rwleonard

Established Member
Well shit. Now I have to sell my 2013 Raptor with it's full Kook's exhaust and 2.9 G3 Whipple, which eats 2018 Raptors for lunch and cost me thousands less than a 2018, because it makes me a ricer. I am gonna miss that truck.

Voltwings

Established Member
The fact of the matter something cheaper can always be faster. Yes, your cheaper car was faster but I still have leather, blutooth, and other amenities in a car that's half your cars age with half as many miles, so of course dollar for dollar will never be a relevant argument because not every dollar spent was spent exclusively on speed.

rwleonard

Established Member
That was disappointing. (You could respond with some variant of "That's what she said.")

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Well shit. Now I have to sell my 2013 Raptor with it's full Kook's exhaust and 2.9 G3 Whipple, which eats 2018 Raptors for lunch and cost me thousands less than a 2018, because it makes me a ricer. I am gonna miss that truck.
Or you could put some real suspension on it and beat them where it counts. Straight line racing Raptors is about as flat bill monster energy hat wearing as it gets

rwleonard

Established Member
I don't drink energy drinks or wear a flat biiled hat, but yeah, I need to do that. Finishing up the suspension on the GT500 for the track this year.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Or you could put some real suspension on it and beat them where it counts. Straight line racing Raptors is about as flat bill monster energy hat wearing as it gets
I would love to ride in your truck and see what it’s capable of doing. The pics you’ve posted before look bad ass. I’ve got to get more seat time off-road before I even think about major mods to the suspension on mine.

blk02edge

Established Member
I don't drink energy drinks or wear a flat biiled hat, but yeah, I need to do that. Finishing up the suspension on the GT500 for the track this year.
Im just kidding, I get it either way
I would love to ride in your truck and see what it’s capable of doing. The pics you’ve posted before look bad ass. I’ve got to get more seat time off-road before I even think about major mods to the suspension on mine.
Its scary haha, passengers are never comfortable and thats with the bone stock 4.0

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
But how many people want to daily drive a ratted out fox...

tumblr_inline_nwjvxd67dl1r9e2lb_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread