Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
See, you poke fun but post zero facts, so you can never be wrong.

You're my hero.
I’ve been here for over 14 years and the only thing DBK does post is facts!
Damn he knew that it was not twin turbo nor 10sp auto over a year ago. But instead of listening to him you were crying because he was calling you out. Now you’re are still crying!!

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
One day maybe you'll look back at this thread and realize how retarded you are.

200.webp

200w.webp

200w.webp

200w.webp

You're my hero.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

You're my hero.
Facts: 18 months ago DBK told you presicely what was not going to be offered on the new GT500. Yet you then and today refuse to listen to him even though he has right for the last 18 months+ and you have been wrong.

Lots of that here. Much of it being stated with absolutely certainty, which is gonna be funny when a couple dudes in here have to walk back all this wrong shit that never had any basis in reality whatsoever...

Look man, don't take it personally. I'm legitimately not trying to give you grief. I'm just telling you, whoever is telling you this stuff either is intentionally misinforming you, or they just don't know what they are talking about.

There's no need to post contradictory information debunking what you've posted. Time will do that, as it has with these announcement dates you keep being given. Bookmark this post if you'd like, and we can come back and discuss how wrong the information you've been given on powertrain, production dates, model year, etc is.

No, it wasn't.

4 to 6 weeks from May 29th.

6 weeks from May 29th = July 10th.

Today.

Add another to the pile. But we'll come back August 1st to revisit before the September 1st revisit.

I don't care who is telling you this stuff. If Jim Hackett himself is dialing you up to give you the inside scoop, he's doing it to mess with you. Was wrong, is wrong, will be wrong.

Man, the crazy thing here is that I've tried to save you from yourself a bunch of times in this forum, but you are obviously a serious glutton for punishment.

Basically everything you have ever posted is not just wrong, but virtually the exact opposite of the truth. Most of it literally had no basis in reality. Ever. They were never working on the stuff someone was telling you they were working on. I can't tell you why someone would tell that to you, it's super weird. But you won't have to take my word for it much longer.

I guess I've never really understood the bitching about the car taking so long. GT350 essentially came out as an MY16 car. It's MY18 right now and you're gonna see new shit soon. Meh. I think this is just evidence that Facebook and Twitter and society in general have re-wired the human mind to have complete and total A.D.D at all times. We went 6 years between GT2 RS variants, 5 years between GT3 RS variants. Big deal.

It's also super ****in weird to me that people are a) so bad at reading between the lines and b) bad at even looking direct information staring them in the face. If you throw out the obvious bullshit, the reality of what the next high-performance Mustang would be has been floating around for a while, except for really one thing, which really blows me away so many people continue to get wrong. Then, some ****o even posts pictures of some of the shit on the internet, and dimwits are STILL arguing about it. I mean, I don't know what to tell you in that case. If you've actually seen parts of the car and you still sit around saying "we know nothing," I'm sorry, you're an idiot.

I also don't get why people are pissy about Bullitt. It's just more shit to help pay for the good toys.

How is a guy that is nearly causing wrecks thinking he is good? That is the organizer's fault. I've put on a fair number of track days and if you're a danger to other drivers, you're getting black flagged immediately. Likewise, if you put yourself in the wrong run group, we will move you to the correct one.

The problems you're describing have little to do with the transmission or engine.

Man, I proved you wrong like 700 trillion times. You would post a tidbit from this guy, I would say "this is wrong" and then...it would be wrong.

I'm not telling everyone they are wrong. Some people are definitely right because they have eyeballs and have literally seen the powertrain in pictures because it's been posted on the internet, including this site, along with a couple other components. Everyone knows the powertrain. Everyone has seen the big wing.

Yeah, it's absolutely 100% true.

5/3/18 4:44 PM
"Have you ever heard of a guy named Steve Walton?"
"No."

That was the extent of the conversation, which is what I figured it would be. Sorry man, but whatever your buddy did, you've continually had a metric ton of bad info that I'm sure you believe but is wrong.

The point of me repeatedly telling you it was wrong is so you can employ the process of elimination. You have been wrong on everything. Intro date, release date, model year, engine, transmission. It should be super easy to rule items out and then use common sense to arrive at reality. Key word being "should." I tried telling you in 2017 there was zero possibility the car was going to be an MY18 5.0L TT with a 10-spd auto which was literally wrong on every single count, but it was a futile effort. Release dates, intro dates, engines, transmissions. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong over and over. That continues today.

"You can lead a horse to water, but unless you're willing to shove his nose in the water and suck on his asshole, you can't make him drink."

You asked for it dude.

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

ALL OF IT - I tried to advise you to chill for that purpose.

WRONG

WRONG

RIGHT

WRONG

DATE, Model Year, Engine, Transmission - WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

Sorry, he's busy at MM. But he has come over a few times to hang since he left.

WRONG

It's truly like talking to a brick wall.

Literally basically everyone.

Wrong bullshit is not intel. It's wrong bullshit.

Super not tight lipped at all really. I mean the car is nowhere near public hands and the powertrain has literally been shown, in photos, on the internet.

Confirming that wrong bullshit is wrong bullshit one way to do so.
The common theme to these posts from DBK is that you have been wrong. And look you’re still wrong today!

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
However geeky they might be, I sometimes wish the engineers that made this car work had more input when it came to marketing the actual vehicle. To those in the know, data can be far more exciting than photographs of bearded millenials wearing flannel, skinny jeans, and drinking a latte while the newest Mustang sits nearby.

It'd be nice to see this car marketed aggressively, not unlike what Dodge has done recently. I sense Ford wouldn't be as politically incorrect but it sure would be a welcome change even if only for a moment before the SUV cavalcade hits full stride.

M91196

Established Member
However geeky they might be, I sometimes wish the engineers that made this car work had more input when it came to marketing the actual vehicle. To those in the know, data can be far more exciting than photographs of bearded millenials wearing flannel, skinny jeans, and drinking a latte while the newest Mustang sits nearby.

It'd be nice to see this car marketed aggressively, not unlike what Dodge has done recently. I sense Ford wouldn't be as politically incorrect but it sure would be a welcome change even if only for a moment before the SUV cavalcade hits full stride.

I would bet any dedicated marketing resource tied to Ford Performance/SVT/Ford Racing was one of the first budget cuts every time there was a RIF.

That’s assuming there was every actually a resource that wasn’t hampered by having to work on Fast Lane Marketing blitz’s and tire matching coupons 90% of the time....

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member

I feel like Ford doesn't even need to spend any money on marketing for this car because it just sells itself.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
They are spending an astronomical amount of money marketing the Edge ST.

Unfortunately, it’s the much better decision too.

Going to sell more ST line SUvs in the next few years than top tier Mustangs.

Being an enthusiast sucks sometimes.

e85svt

Established Member
All aluminum 5.2 liter crossplane crank v8 with a forged steel 4340 crank, forged connecting roads or powdered metal h or I beam??? 9:5:1 to 10:0:1 compression. 2618 or 4032 dished pistons. Or hypereutectic pistons 3.700 inch bore Compression distance?? Dish volume??? Larger cc. As far as cylinder heads would they be modified gt350 heads or heads specifically designed for this application. Slightly larger valve diameter on both intake and exhaust with sodium filled exhaust valves. Heads will feature a higher grade aluminum alloy with 10% more copper. Camshafts with more aggressive profiles. Revised ti-vct. Fuel and ignition system will likely be improved as well. Transmission options that have been thrown around are still TBD no confirmation yet. Carbon fiber driveshaft. Limited slip differential 3.31 gear ratio as base with optional 3.73 and 3.55 gear ratio(doubt that might only be two options) this is what i predict, however but I might be way off lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread