Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
This has been discussed ad nauseam, the car is not under 3800 lbs, nor is that even a possibility. The car has a giant blower and all the cooling required to make it function in the capacity it's designed for (amongst other things). It's not magic. Give up this pipe dream.

Id guess 3875 to 3925lbs based on the zl1 and gt350 weights.

Watch it be 3999. Lol

Regardless it’ll handle, great suspension and impressive shocks and diff with good wheel/tire
makes up for a lot

Dusten

Established Member
VMP says the 2.65 doesn't have an RPM limit and they've spun it way past 18k.
I guess the manufacturer doesnt know what theyre saying. This is from eatons site....

dd2741e3244495f69217c827a93b22dd.jpg

The eaton 1.8 was spun past its limit too. But not by ford

DepWraith

Established Member
Just going to post like everyone else so I can say I'm right just like them.

Next GT500 will have tires, paint, windows, a steering wheel, at least one seat and an image of a snake.

Now I'll be just like those that poke fun with my general statements that cannot be wrong and I can boast how everyone should have
"read between the lines" and magically knew exactly what I was saying.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
It's impossible to miss the point. The reason I quoted you for posterity was because the car was already a model year 2020 when you "some people think it's a 2020 lol'd" it. Some people definitely did think it was a 2020. Namely the company that produces it. And your endless wrongness on the transmission.

See if you can understand what's happened here:

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 2.16.25 PM.png

And magically now it's public that the car is supercharged. Who could have ever guessed! The shock! It really doesn't take much to figure this shit out dude.

DepWraith

Established Member
Magically you wrote that in May of 2018 and the leaked blower image was December of 2017.

You're right, easy to figure that shit out dude.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

Next GT500 will have tires, paint, windows, a steering wheel, at least one seat and an image of a snake.

Now I'll be just like those that poke fun with my general statements that cannot be wrong and I can boast how everyone should have

4baf7b9179aaa0061edc6a149a055aa1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Magically you wrote that in May of 2018 and the leaked blower image was December of 2017.

You're right, easy to figure that shit out dude.

Don't worry, because you have an attitude, I'm going to take this time machine much farther back and bludgeon you with it on January 14th.

Nothing to say about "LOL 2020?" When did that become public?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’ve followed this since 2016.

Depwraith, I was there with you in 15/16/17 wanting it to be a turbo car.

Give it up bro. You fought the good fight, you’re upset it’s sc, and many people probably are too. It’ll be ok man. People will have turbo kits for this car the day it hits the streets.

Hang up the gloves. It’s done man.

Trying to bemoan dbk on svtp is akin to trying to disregard President Trump at a maga rally.

1. Why attack a great guy?
2. Why attack a great guy with all his supporters around?

Dbk is the kind of guy that could say f svtp because I’m tired of the know nothings clogging it up and acting like insiders. He stays here in spite of this crap to keep the rest of us in what portions of the loop that he can without putting ford in a bad position.

Dep, take it from a known eccentric on this site, hang it up man. It’s done.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
It's not a team sport. There are no supporters or team mates.

Believe whatever, but if someone says it's a turbo car and I say it's not, it's not. Same goes for 10 speed autos or model year 2018.5 or the car being under 3800 lbs or any of the other nonsense.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

At least if you said that, you'd be more right than you've been to date.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
While this car is garnering a huge amount of interest I'm even more intrigued in the story behind it. Some here may know all the details but I can't help but wonder about the influence that former Ford employees had on the GT500 program such as Raj, Jamal, etc. Little is known about the path the car has followed and how much may have been changed either for the good or bad in terms of performance.

The transmission choice is probably the most interesting. I can't help but wonder if the timing as far as Tremec/Wixom DCT's finally coming on line has had something to do with the dates of the car's introduction and or availability. If Ford did indeed choose only one transmission and it happens to not be a manual...I'm already sick of the incessant complaining about it that will happen.

Whoever is currently heading up this program had a very difficult task. Some really good people left for a myriad of reasons, the new CEO came in (I assume with the program already well under way) and flipped the company upside down and pointed in a new direction, and the political climate with respect to petrol vehicles in general is growing a little uneasy. Thankfully, Chevrolet and Dodge are still in the game and may have made it a little easier (even if not by much) to argue in favor of a car like this ever being a reality in 2020. I hope guys like Christian, Baldori, Zinkosky, etc, that worked on previous SVT vehicle programs had input on this one as well. And I hope they were unleashed like never before.

DepWraith

Established Member
Don't worry, because you have an attitude, I'm going to take this time machine much farther back and bludgeon you with it on January 14th.

Nothing to say about "LOL 2020?" When did that become public?

FORD tweeted it was a 2019 model year...scroll through my posts and you'll see the linked image showing that.

Take your time machine all you want, you clearly enjoy poking fun at people....but I don't see you disputing the fact you "leaked" about the blower months after the schematic leak, lol.

With that, that leaves us with two possibilities:

1.) You have zero facts yourself
2.) You don't have the balls to post facts.

Yeah I know I can hear everyone now, "If he posts facts he won't get them in the future".

Well don't come on a forum that is meant for sharing and say you have facts but won't share them...that's something a seven year old would do to try and make himself feel more important than he is.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I don't care what Ford tweeted; I've seen the literal head of communications tweet that the Raptor is supercharged. You're delusional if you don't understand that I specifically quoted that so I could smack you with the model year 2020.

The fact is, you're on a one-man island of wrongness. How many times did I tell you that your "inside source" was wrong? Like 100? How much of what you posted was wrong? All of it. I guess I'm super lucky guessing what stuff isn't and you're super unlucky with facts about what stuff is. Somehow you're batting .000 and I'm batting a thousand.

I'll make you a deal killer, if the GT500 is a 2019 5.0L TT with a 10-speed, I will literally give you my 2017 Ford GT. And then I will buy a 2019 5.0L TT 10-speed GT500, and I will crash my 2006 Ford GT into it, filled with 70 lbs of dynamite, while smoking a cigarette, covered in gasoline.

Model year. Wrong.
Powertrain. Wrong.
Type of FI. Wrong.
Transmission. Wrong.
Release dates. Wrong.

All of this came from a now-deceased super duper inside source, which in addition to unluckily being wrong on all of the info was so deep inside that even the chief engineer of the program had never even heard of him when I asked. You ever heard of Occam's razor? Is it likely that it's just bad luck that all of your info ended up being wrong, or if you're honest with yourself, was it just total bullshit to begin with? (hint - it was)

99% of people are smart enough to apply process of elimination. Can't save everyone.

Last edited:

DepWraith

Established Member
Cool story, but I did not lie about Steve. So because you (who has presented zero information other than speculation and confirmation AFTER FACTS ARE RELEASED) say so, doesn't make it true. He worked on and off for Ford as an consulting and design Engineer for 30 years, so ask again.

Model Year: Changed by Ford several times.
Powertrain: You really think they only worked on 1 during this project? Laughable.
FI: See above reply.
Transmission: Not released, so not sure how it's wrong.
Release Dates: Clearly changes with Model Year changes.

Facts verified and posted by DBK before any leaks: NONE, ZERO, ZILCH.

Poke fun all you want, but in the end you're just someone coming along AFTER THE FACT saying you knew things...anyone can do that.

P.S. Haven't heard you call my rotary gearshift dial BS yet...why not? Oh that's right, because it's a fact and it's not released yet.

Users who are viewing this thread