Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
It just means they're pretty much specifically stating they're targeting the ZL1/ZL1 1LE and not even thinking about the Hellcats. And I'm betting it's still gonna be faster than the Hellcats in a straight line.

Depends on which hellcat. Dont forget the redeye is still a hellcat.

DBK just said it’ll be the fastest mustang ever. We all know the hellcats and 13/14 GT500’s trap similar mph. So im expecting it to be faster than the 707hp hellcat. As it should be after all this time. I think it’ll be a damn close between it and the redeye. Strictly straight line of course. Cant wait to see what kinda lap times it’ll be capable of too.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
The car is the highest horsepower car Ford has ever produced, is the fastest Mustang ever produced (in a straight line and on a road course - by far), and has a gigantic ****ing blower sitting on a high-rpm V8.

Settle down.

No twin turbos? Damnit @DepWraith wtf.

I’m excited to see it be unveiled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It just means they're pretty much specifically stating they're targeting the ZL1/ZL1 1LE and not even thinking about the Hellcats. And I'm betting it's still gonna be faster than the Hellcats in a straight line.

Point is they aren't being specific and dumbed this blurb down by quite a bit. As to the ambiguity I said it created, see the next quoted post...

So 650-700 or is it 700+? I mean they at least have to go over 662 right?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I get your thought process but it's been what 6 years now since Ford produced a gt500? The muscle wars have been forging ahead all while ford is on the sideline. They're either constantly going back to the drawing board because of dodge and chevy offerings, or what many of us loyal Ford guys are afraid of is coming true. Ford no longer has any priority in our segment of the car enthusiast culture. I think the lack of a V8 offering in the Ford Gt and Raptor may point toward the latter.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.
I think you should ask Graham Rahal what his thoughts are on the twin turbo Ford GT....

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
But the demon can't run 9.65 right?

I wouldn't say that, no. I know at least 3 people that are bone stock and running 9.7's or faster... one of which was a 9.61. And they are posting their time slips to back the claim. There are a few people with e85 and a tune that are in the high 8's.

PIPO

Established Member
I wouldn't say that, no. I know at least 3 people that are bone stock and running 9.7's or faster... one of which was a 9.61. And they are posting their time slips to back the claim. There are a few people with e85 and a tune that are in the high 8's.

Where are “they” posting or talking about these runs? I’d love to know how it all went down. I was tracking fastest bone stock, including Nitto’s, to be a 9.8.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Thank you! That thing is legit....I don't get all the hate on it. Dodge was very up front with how they got that number and the conditions. I love what they've done with essentially a 20 year old land yacht. And yes the styling is old but that's intentional and the car looks great imho. Bravo to the SRT guys.

Last edited:

DepWraith

Established Member
So exciting, a blown 5.2...the last version a blown 5.8 six years ago.

Ford dropped the ball and to top it off it won't be available for almost another year.

Anyone wanna bet Chevy and Dodge up their game before then????

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

Ford dropped the ball and to top it off it won't be available for almost another year.

Wait, what happened to the TT 5.0?

Wait a couple weeks and then you can tell us what happened to the 10 speed auto too.

Dropped the ball. :rolleyes: I'm unlikely to buy this car but it's an absolute mother****er compared to anything "competitive."

DepWraith

Established Member
Wait, what happened to the TT 5.0?

Wait a couple weeks and then you can tell us what happened to the 10 speed auto too.

Dropped the ball. :rolleyes: I'm unlikely to buy this car but it's an absolute mother****er compared to anything "competitive."

Hard starting and oil consumption issues as I mentioned over a year and half ago...but was hoping they would go forward and not come out with a boring blown platform.

FORD is moving to turbo on everything else, it makes sense to make the GT500 turbo...don't be surprised to see a TT vette soon.

As for the 10 speed, did I miss Ford announcing it wasn't available?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Hard starting and oil consumption issues as I mentioned over a year and half ago...but was hoping they would go forward and not come out with a boring blown platform.

FORD is moving to turbo on everything else, it makes sense to make the GT500 turbo...don't be surprised to see a TT vette soon.

As for the 10 speed, did I miss Ford announcing it wasn't available?

This guy...

Pro tip 1: was never going to be any powertrain other than the one that's in it.

Pro tip 2: You didn't miss it, but you'll find out shortly since apparently you are completely incapable of reading between the lines.

Dusten

Established Member
Dbk... Thoughts on this statement

c8bce8f0ce39e6f1e68c5e2291c9fa9d.jpg

DepWraith

Established Member
This guy...

Pro tip 1: was never going to be any powertrain other than the one that's in it.

Pro tip 2: You didn't miss it, but you'll find out shortly since apparently you are completely incapable of reading between the lines.

Pro tip 1: you can't prove that (you actually haven't proven anything on this car, just denied stuff) Do you really think it takes 6 years to develop one motor? Of course there were other powertrains in the mix during development.

Pro tip 2: you don't post exactly what the transmission will be because you don't know, you just like to poke at others without providing any info yourself.

Pro tip 3: a blown 5.2 is boring AF. In today's world, even if they squeeze 800hp from that 5.2 it will most likely be damn near the limit for that motor. Turbos are Fords focus and they wasted a great opportunity to show the world.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

Seriously? A blown 5.2 boring? Motors have become more powerful and efficient with less displacement, and I’m fairly certain the NA version of this motor is over 500hp. Add a supercharger and sign me up.
You haven’t a clue if Ford dropped the ball or not, nor does anyone else. When the side by side comparisons from auto testers begin to come out then we can see what’s what.
Jag’off

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Pro tip 1: you can't prove that (you actually haven't proven anything on this car, just denied stuff) Do you really think it takes 6 years to develop one motor? Of course there were other powertrains in the mix during development.

Pro tip 2: you don't post exactly what the transmission will be because you don't know, you just like to poke at others without providing any info yourself.

You are literally the densest object since the moment immediately preceding the Big Bang.

Someone once told me, "you can lead a horse to water, but unless you're willing to shove his nose in the water and suck on his asshole, you can't make him drink." Clearly this is true.

Users who are viewing this thread