Anybody run Achilles tires 305/30/18's for $99.00

sam86

Established Member
What kind of rims are those? They look expensive, just wondering why you opt for such cheap tires? Especially since you said you don't daily drive the cobra and park in the garage, decent tires should last for quite sometime. Not hating, just curious.

XXR 531's - They're CCW Rep's. Not expensive.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Wierd to see christmas light without snow haha.
My house, lol.
088.JPG
092.JPG

Tractionless1

Established Member
I've put about 300 miles on them and drove in the rain(rare) but I was very surprised In the tires how well they handled. So far I have been overly impressed with them. I still have the wheel hop that that nittos gave me, they don't just blow off like I thought they would. Overall I give them a 4 out of 5. I think they run alittle small (kinda size like a nitto) just thought id give a update

They handle because they're so damn hard. It's also the reason you've lost the use of the 1st 2 gears and the last 2 are overdrives. Now you have 2 power gears, BRAVO!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Glad I found this thread. Thanks OP for finding this tire. I daily my cobra and need some cheap rear tires in the 295+ size range. I'll be ordering some next week.

02gt87

Established Member
I run Achilles desert hawks 275/40/20 on my srt8 and have absolutely no issues. they're graded quite well at 400AA but only time will tell

GodStang

Established Member
This is so tempting. Have a set of wheels that I want to use just for car shows and cruise ins. The car has not had 500 miles put on it since 2007. hate to pay $1K for tires that will dry rot before they get 1000 miles on them.

MattG04

Established Member
I just put a set of these on at all 4 corners, 305/30/18s on the rear and 265/35/18s on the front with XXR 526s Ive driven about 60 miles so far and they seem more than worth the couple dollars that they cost, $530 for all four tires. I will post pics tomorrow but they look good, cleared my stock IRS bolts too. I got my MM low profile IRS bolts in the mail tonight so ima put em on for the added protection. Like I stated I will post pics tomorrow anyhow so far so good.

Woody6799

Established Member
:nonono:

Top dollar spent on mods... bottom dollar spent on tires... I hope for your guys' sake these things are somewhat legit.

Users who are viewing this thread