Anybody run Achilles tires 305/30/18's for $99.00

Ponyracer1

Established Member
There big in the drift market because they are 1. Cheap, and 2. Hard as hell so they slide well. If your into sliding they will be perfect, if your into straightline performance and grip prob not so much.

I've never run them so take it for what it's worth.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Doesn't sound promising, but like mentioned above, if you are just cruising, who cares. Just keep a set up sticky meats when your getting down to business.

Bigggy

Established Member
There big in the drift market because they are 1. Cheap, and 2. Hard as hell so they slide well. If your into sliding they will be perfect, if your into straightline performance and grip prob not so much.

I've never run them so take it for what it's worth.

First thing to know about drifting is that you need good grip...so good tires. Sh*tty tires = no control.

IMO, I would not put that kind of tire on a cobra, but on a daily, probably.

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
The name "Achilles" being given to an item that is insanely cheap, but that makes or breaks your car's safety and performance is very ironic.

Good luck. I wouldn't trust my life to junk tires.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
never heard of this brand. i see theyre from Indonesia.

it doesnt look like a great tire. not something id run. if its a DD then might as well since theyre cheap. which may be why theyre popular in drifting since people tend to eat through tires.

the size is a little small for a cobra. typically you want to run 35 series in 18" unless theyre super wide like 335.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I went cheap once and ran into a van on wet roads. Never again. Protect your investment.

Just like Michelin says…

"Because so much is riding on your tires"

Michelin on my daily's or wife's car always, BFG KDW's on my trucks, and expensive tires on my Stang.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Do you know anything about them or just making a out the cuff comment? They are pretty big I'm the drift market so I'm pretty sure they make a decent tire.

http://www.achillesradial.com/en/formula-drift-us
I have been around long enough to know a 99 dollar rear tire on my 580whp cobra would be down right dangerous. No I have never used that tire and there is no chance in hell I ever would. Unless I entered a burnout contest. Thats the only way that tire would ever touch my car...

Tractionless1

Established Member
I went cheap once and ran into a van on wet roads. Never again. Protect your investment.

Just like Michelin says…

"Because so much is riding on your tires"

Michelin on my daily's or wife's car always, BFG KDW's on my trucks, and expensive tires on my Stang.

My Coba came with brand new Michelin PS2's. Upon 1 4th gear pull on an onramp with 490hp they were removed. The ass end was squirming from side to side. Not that I'm endorsing the Indonesian crap.

I surely hope the OP doesn't consider them any longer as the only place he'll be running them is into a ditch right along with other owners who actually had decent rubber.

Last edited:

sam86

Established Member
I have experience with federal, which is another one of those cheap tires that drifters like to use. I really liked the tire for daily driving - loved it in fact, but absolutely not something I would put on a car putting down the kind of power we do. Hate to say it.....but suck it up and drop the extra cash on a tried and true tire. It's just not worth risking.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
tires are the ONE and ONLY part of the car that touches the ground. I'll never understand why people think its a good idea to cheap out on a high HP car

jkoogler

Established Member
Well like I said I orderd them if they suck I'll sell them it's not my daily driver it's a play toy to me. The tires look very nice and are DOT approved
image_zpsfa7986ed.jpg

image_zps52d640fe.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread