Anybody run Achilles tires 305/30/18's for $99.00

Daywalker

Established Member
Look good to me for $99! All the haters seem to now be quiet after you posted the pics. Put some miles on em and give us a report if you don't mind? Good luck!

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Wow those dont look half bad. Nice that they are actually DOT approved. Report back when you get some miles on them :beer:

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Looks like decent cheap tires. Will consider these when I but some X10 wheels

Last edited:

jkoogler

Established Member
image_zps898fd77c.jpg

jkoogler

Established Member
Damn dude thanks for the vote of confidence why the hate on a dot tire. You probably drink goose vodka and wear $300 cause money means everything. I would rather run these than some 5 yr old name brand dry rotted tires which I see a lot of guys doing. So far the tires hook just let the old ones on it (that were nittos) overall I'm happy with my purchase. If I wreck it I'll let you know first so you can buy the tires. Lol

jkoogler

Established Member
I took it out for a decent drive and did a couple third gear blast car hooked decently based on the tires not being drag radials I'm actually very impressed with them for cost and road noise. It only took a 1/2 once to balance the rears. I'd give them a 4.5 out of 5 in terms of a street tire. On the front I put contentials.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What kind of rims are those? They look expensive, just wondering why you opt for such cheap tires? Especially since you said you don't daily drive the cobra and park in the garage, decent tires should last for quite sometime. Not hating, just curious.

jkoogler

Established Member
What kind of rims are those? They look expensive, just wondering why you opt for such cheap tires? Especially since you said you don't daily drive the cobra and park in the garage, decent tires should last for quite sometime. Not hating, just curious.

Honestly just to try them out. It's like people running kumho,s back in the day nobody knew of them but someone had to try them and now a lot of people run them. If they suck I figured I could sell them and get my money back,

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly just to try them out. It's like people running kumho,s back in the day nobody knew of them but someone had to try them and now a lot of people run them. If they suck I figured I could sell them and get my money back,

Cool, I was just curious. Who knows you may have found a good tire for cheap.

Bigggy

Established Member
Wierd to see christmas light without snow haha. Great Garage by the way!

Like the OP said, a bunch of people are running Nittos 555 and IMO it's a shitty tire.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Look good to me for $99! All the haters seem to now be quiet after you posted the pics. Put some miles on em and give us a report if you don't mind? Good luck!

LOL riiight, becuase a tire LOOKS good means it's going to perform and hold a large amount of torque.

You get what you pay for.

GL OP

jkoogler

Established Member
Read my review I took them out for a cruise also. Damn a lot a haters on trying out something different. To much damn negativity on here. I'm done on here.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Wierd to see christmas light without snow haha. Great Garage by the way!

Like the OP said, a bunch of people are running Nittos 555 and IMO it's a shitty tire.

I was never impressed with the nitto 555's either. OP, don't worry so much what others are saying. This stuff will happen when posting threads on forums. You could have posted nothing and used them for a summer or two and then post results. I wouldn't sweat it.

jkoogler

Established Member
I've put about 300 miles on them and drove in the rain(rare) but I was very surprised In the tires how well they handled. So far I have been overly impressed with them. I still have the wheel hop that that nittos gave me, they don't just blow off like I thought they would. Overall I give them a 4 out of 5. I think they run alittle small (kinda size like a nitto) just thought id give a update

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread