ANY one from MD

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
This thread will be what you want it to be..... Tons of local 03's around. Most guys are probably mostly on "Terminator" forum. Jump on over here on occasion and get this thing rolling..... Who's planning on coming over to RedfireVenom's place on 1/12? The more the better....and it's not that far from Fort Meade!
I am just messin with the guys in this thread... A few of them are good frinds of mine...

And Omar... Ill talk to Erica... I think we can do it!

Evan

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
You Redfires' running some kick butt times....12.09 & 11.99. Will an ole DSG be allowed in the same parking lot on 1/11? (Sorry about messing up the date....).

RedfireVenom,
So close to the magic 11 second club.....when you planning your next assault on the prize? I'm just getting back into this a little (although I just sold an un-modded 86 GT which I bought new from Century Ford). Back in the day, an 11 second street car was worshipped as near god-like.....now you guys are there with a few basic bolt ons and some good driving.......

Merry Christmas!

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
heh, I'll be in the 11 second club as soon as I get a new clutch that will allow me to do it. Hopefully it will be installed on Friday if my flywheel arrives via FedEx. When I ran my 12.09 my clutch was slipping bad and by the end of that drag day it was toast.

Not a lot of convertibles in the 11 seconds and I want to be one of the chosen few ;)

Last edited:

IronTerp

I gotta make that pulley switch! What do you Redfire's think about going with the 4 lb lower along with my current 3.10? Was originally planning to go with the 2.90 RR with stock lower......

You guys have the real good 60' times. Need to work on that part! Was a big Pontiac guy back in the 70's and 80s and they would hook up pretty well. Is it too early to start wishing for warm weather?

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Personally, I'm happy with the 2.95 RR pulley only. Well, I'm happy for now, who knows how long it will be before I need my next fix. I'm happy with an 11 second car though. If I had to do it again, I would probably go with a 2.80 RR.

IronTerp

RedfireVenom,

I kinda agree with your post of a couple of days ago.....worried that the 2.80 would push the limit of the Eaton. And probably need an idler to eliminate belt slip. Some guys like the open upper pulley look....I kinda prefer the stock cover to keep the upper pulley a little out of site. If I can get the same results with a lower pulley switch, I may consider it.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
RedfireVenom,

I kinda agree with your post of a couple of days ago.....worried that the 2.80 would push the limit of the Eaton. And probably need an idler to eliminate belt slip. Some guys like the open upper pulley look....I kinda prefer the stock cover to keep the upper pulley a little out of site. If I can get the same results with a lower pulley switch, I may consider it.

There were a couple things that discouraged me about the lower pulley.

1. It costs like $300 more.
2. It could overspin the alternator.
3. More difficult to install.

The benefit is that it isn't as noticeable and you will get less slip. I am happy with the 2.95 with the 74 Gates belt and don't notice any slip.

Last edited:

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Hmm, I wonder is interchangeable wouldn't be a better idea. When you go for long drives you can switch to 3.1 and when you go to the track you can switch to 2.8.

IronTerp

Do the interchangeable's come in non-slip? Being able to easily switch them without a puller does have appeal.. Thanks for the info on lower pulley ........cost is a big factor for me right now .Getting Amazon t throw on a 2.90 RR and upgrading the tune is probably the cheapest and easiest route.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Redfire Cobra
I am sure if you have a program for a 2.8 you can put on a 3.1. It wil just run a bit rich when the 3.1 is on it . That cant hurt the engine!

Another idea would be to get a Diablo Flip-Chip. You could get one tune for the 2.8 and another for the 3.1. That way your car would be tuned no matter which pulley you are running. Just a thought.

RAWSN8K

IronTerp

Called Linn at Amazon about three weeks ago and they were out of 2.90's still. Have been trying to find one through he market. Close a couple of times, but no cigar. Will keep trying. Is Gates 74" the way to fly with the 2.90, or is there another belt that would be better?

Users who are viewing this thread