ANY one from MD

Driverlarry

Established Member
I live in Hagerstown. Willing to make a drive to see some nice cars for a change. All we have here is alot of loud annoying ricers, very few real cars. Where is the hangout this weekend?

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
If you are talking about racersden.net, there havn't been many hangouts lately because of the cold weather, but when it gets warm, people hang out pretty much every night. There should be a good group of cars on Saturday at the freestatesvtoa get together.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Hey Redfire monsters......In a pm discussion with another snake charmer about the Predator. Know you guys are running these.....is this definately the way to fly? I'm seriously considering going with it when I install the 2.90 RR. I'd like to pick your brains about it on Saturday, but thought I'd get a head start now...

03Redfire Cobra

Toss my salad?
Established Member
I love my warantee. Thats why I got the predator. I have no pinging or other bad sounds. I havent even touched the timing or the fuel ajustments on it. I know Omar(other redfire) loves his too! We bothe got the 2.9x

IronTerp

Evan,

The Predator has a pre-programmed tune for your setup, correct? And the dealer's computer can't even detect that it was ever hooked up? I'm running a black 3.10 with cover on...you can't really even tell it's not the stock pulley.

IronTerp

Evan, thanks for the info.....Read the whole thread, sounds like the jury's out on the Predator on racer's den. I guess I'm more intereted in it from a performance standpoint. Hear that Sheehy may be pretty good about mods. Obviously hope I don't have any warrantee issues anyway (but 3 years is a long time!).

Last edited:

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Ironterp, yes I did get my car back last night. I am very happy with the results. The ride quality is a little stiffer than stock, but it is still very nice. I took some twisty back roads last night and the car handled much much better. I havn't had a chance to really punch it to see if the wheel hop is gone because I am still breaking in the clutch, but I have about another 300 miles to go before I can do that. The car runs straight as an arrow and it's not too low which was a worry of mine because my 95 had Eibachs and it scraped on everything. You'll get to see the car tomorrow :) I'll pot pictures in about another week or so, once the springs have settled.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Good time last night fellas at Los Chorros....Sorry it was so cold out. When it gets warmer, hopefully we'll get more SVTer's.....

IronTerp

Redfire monsters.....Any recommendations on best place/price to get a 74" Gates? Finally bought the 2.90 RR and trying to get everything together before I visit Rick.....

Omar,

Were you ever able to find/borrow a pulley puller???

Last edited:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Let it die! The thread started out asking who was from MD and digressed to modification recommendations for 03's. In all honesty, the mod discussion should have started it's own thread and let everyone try to make arrangements to meet and hang out. Personnally I stopped reading this thread because I got tired of having to read through all of the 03 talk before I could find out if there were any meetings coming up.

RAWSN8K

Users who are viewing this thread