ANY one from MD

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Live in Silver Spring. Where in Gaithersburg do you guys usually hang out? Lots of SVT's in the area, especially 03's. We definately should get together...Be kinda like Hells Angels in L.A.!

IronTerp

Well, we could do the Sheehy thing on one of these Friday or Saturday nights.....or the Fress State SVTOA is doing a gig at a Mexican resturant in Wheaton on Jan 8 (or maybe it's the 9th). If interested, chime in! See if we can get some snakes out of their winter hibernation. The snow last week killed me! Driven the monster once in the last two weeks.....Having horsepower withdrawl......

IronTerp

RedfireVenom,

Are you going to try to make it to the 1/12 SVTOA event? Like to ask you some questions about RR 2.95 setup. Currently running with 3.10 and would like to speed up the SC a little......

vipergts281

Established Member
Let me know when you guys get together again. I would make the trip down to hang out with some other cool cars.

Are you guys meeting up tomorrow night by any chance? If so, maybe I will stop by.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
RedfireVenom,

Are you going to try to make it to the 1/12 SVTOA event? Like to ask you some questions about RR 2.95 setup. Currently running with 3.10 and would like to speed up the SC a little......

If you mean the event on 1/11/03, then yes I will be there. I own the restaurant ;) You can ask me questions then, or you can just PM me and I can give you my number. I really like my current setup and was happy with the way the car performed at the track. I would probably go to a 2.90 pulley though. Not that much of a difference between 2.95 and 2.90. I thought the 2.80 would just put to much strain on the engine after prolonged use. A lot of people believe that anything under 2.90 starts overspinning the blower and creating more excess heat. Of course that's just my opinion, doesn't mean that I'm right. 2.95 is safer and can still get me into the 11s :)

IronTerp

RedfireVenom,

Didn't know about the Los Chorros connection.... my kids go to Good Counsel, I practically live up there! Will stop by and meet you before 1/11 (sorry about the date mixup)

Thanks for the info on upper pulleys...talked to HBH the other day and they're recommending lower pulley switch. Said going with 3.10 upper and 4 lb lower will eliminate belt slip potential, don't need an idler, and will actually get more low end torque than just running a 2.80 upper. But, won't the Eaton still be at risk of overspinning with the lower setup as well? Plus, it looks like there's an increase cost to lower install as well (even though a couple of forums this past week said the cost is comparable). I'm going to call Linn up at Amazon and see what she thinks.

Last edited:

Imperial Pose

Winning Is A Habit
Established Member
Jan 10/11 I'm at a youth hockey tourney in Atlanta, otherwise i'd try to make it.
¡Qué lastima! Yo quisiera ir, me gusta comida mexicana especialmente el mole poblano. Me faltará reunirse con amigos.

¡Hasta la vista!

IronTerp

RedfireVenom,

Almost stopped in to see you tonight....my boys play basketball for GC and had a game tonight (won by 50!). Wife was tired and wanted to go home instead. Even had the snake.....Great day for cruising for a change.....

I graduated from UM as well....work there now in the athletic department. Still want to come by and meet you. Going to Florida on 12/26 for a week so may have to wait until 1/12.

Users who are viewing this thread