Any interest in a Group Buy on a Killer Chiller?

ebrow21

Established Member
I'll take one..put me on the list..

Glad to see you made it on here. That will make 3 of us. Pretty soon every S197 with a PD blower in the area is going to have one.

My reservoir is on the outlet side of the intercooler. Before the KC, I was seeing fluid temps around 125* and IAT temps around 140-150*. With the KC, I'm seeing fluid temps around 60-65* and IAT temps around 7-10 above ambient. The other day on a 98 degree day, after a drive home in city traffic for 20 minutes, I was seeing 105* IAT's. Keep in mind, those water temps are AFTER the intercooler, so the fluid temps would be even cooler before going through. I don't have any data on the inlet fluid temps as there's no real good way for me to take that reading.

Hoping to have some datalog time tonight.

que4dog

Established Member
I will be installing mine soon. I have a 2008 Twin Turbo/Supercharged GT500 w/Dual Fan Heat exchanger.

If anyone has data logging request prior to my install send them to me. Give me the specifics for the data log request so we and accurately compare the Before/After data as I will log the same parameters after the install of the KC. I will also include as much information as possible including the outside temperature.

Last edited:

ebrow21

Established Member
Anyone else with a 2011+ Coyote mind sharing how many oz of Freon they added after the KC install? High/Low side pressure/outside temp at idle would help as well.

I am going to recheck my pressures this week sometime and do a once-over of the install again, I would like to have a frame of reference. I'm thinking more and more I need to add a touch more freon to the system.

Edit. Did a couple of datalogs.

Old 1st-4th,

105 IAT1 (was sitting a bit) at beginning of run, run ends in 4th at 80 degree IAT1
134 IAT2 at start of run, 135 IAT2 at end. (drops to 129 during middle of pull)

New 1st-4th,

85 IAT1 at beginning of run, run ends at 83 IAT1
116 IAT2 at beginning of run, run ends at 113 IAT2 (went down to 109 for awhile during the middle of the pull)

Went 1/2 mile for slowdown, and did another 1st-4th. No cooldown, had to do a 3 point turn to turn around, which is shown with the beginning IAT1 temp.

105 IAT1 at beginning of run, run ends at 84 IAT1
118 IAT2 at beginning of run, run ends at 120 IAT2 (drops to 114 during middle of pull)

So, about 20 degree reduction in IAT so far, I think thats a good start.

Vehicle info: 12 Whipple Gt, 3.25in (about 82mm) pulley, JLT 127

Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
I'm VERY inexperienced when it comes to auto A/C systems, but with Joe's help, I attempted to do mine myself. I put a 3 or 4 oz can of Pag146 and (2) 12oz cans of 134A. If I recall, my pressures were around 250 on a 95 degree day which was in the range recommended in the directions. I didn't do the greatest job on the vacuum, so that might be a difference. I went ahead and bought the guage manifold and stuff so I check on it later. I used one of those venturi vac setups, and I don't think it pulled it down as well as a real pump would.

Anyone else with a 2011+ Coyote mind sharing how many oz of Freon they added after the KC install? High/Low side pressure/outside temp at idle would help as well.

I am going to recheck my pressures this week sometime and do a once-over of the install again, I would like to have a frame of reference. I'm thinking more and more I need to add a touch more freon to the system.

Edit. Did a couple of datalogs.

Old 1st-4th,

105 IAT1 (was sitting a bit) at beginning of run, run ends in 4th at 80 degree IAT1
134 IAT2 at start of run, 135 IAT2 at end. (drops to 129 during middle of pull)

New 1st-4th,

85 IAT1 at beginning of run, run ends at 83 IAT1
116 IAT2 at beginning of run, run ends at 113 IAT2 (went down to 109 for awhile during the middle of the pull)

Went 1/2 mile for slowdown, and did another 1st-4th. No cooldown, had to do a 3 point turn to turn around, which is shown with the beginning IAT1 temp.

105 IAT1 at beginning of run, run ends at 84 IAT1
118 IAT2 at beginning of run, run ends at 120 IAT2 (drops to 114 during middle of pull)

So, about 20 degree reduction in IAT so far, I think thats a good start.

Vehicle info: 12 Whipple Gt, 3.25in (about 82mm) pulley, JLT 127

ebrow21

Established Member
Forgot to mention, ambient was between 80-83 degrees last night when I datalogged.

A/C temps were highly dependent upon if I just made a run, mph, and fan settings. Once the exchanger fluid temp stabilized, I saw 45-48 degree temps. If I did a full throttle run or low speed it hovered in the 50-55degree range, sitting at idle it was closer to 58.

I'm VERY inexperienced when it comes to auto A/C systems, but with Joe's help, I attempted to do mine myself. I put a 3 or 4 oz can of Pag146 and (2) 12oz cans of 134A. If I recall, my pressures were around 250 on a 95 degree day which was in the range recommended in the directions. I didn't do the greatest job on the vacuum, so that might be a difference. I went ahead and bought the guage manifold and stuff so I check on it later. I used one of those venturi vac setups, and I don't think it pulled it down as well as a real pump would.

I used a 5cfm pump/refrigerant scale and a bulk tank. I wanted to control flow, and my machine works better with set amounds (so it was used to recycle). Plus the scale has more precise measurements.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check everything again today (and test for leaks), in direct sunlight. I was reluctant to overcharge the system, the pressure seemed to stay between 200-205 at idle even with added freon (29oz total).

Even so I get short bursts where the driver's side blows warmer than the passenger which are fixed by an rpm increase, which I'm pretty sure is indicative of a low charge on these vehicles.

Last edited:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Correction on the EXP. BLK

Correction on the expansion block. You need to turn the adjustment nut on the bottom till it is flush with the surface, and then turn it 2.5 turns counter clockwise. when you're done, there should be 2.5 threads showing, and no more!

Doing this adjustment netted us an additional 15 degree drop in temps.

In the future all expansion blocks will be pre-adjusted for max cooling.

Thanks,
Joe

ebrow21

Established Member
Correction on the expansion block. You need to turn the adjustment nut on the bottom till it is flush with the surface, and then turn it 2.5 turns counter clockwise. when you're done, there should be 2.5 threads showing, and no more!

Doing this adjustment netted us an additional 15 degree drop in temps.

In the future all expansion blocks will be pre-adjusted for max cooling.

Thanks,
Joe

As the expansion block was drop shipped from the manufacturer in my kit, I think its safe to assume it wasn't preadjusted, nor seated fully prior to install. Either way, I followed the written instructions with the kit, 2 turns.

I guess I get to pull the front bumper or the splitter and update. Lots to do, if it doesn't rain again today.

Doug1227

Established Member
If you mounted yours where I mounted mine, you can remove the splitter piece from below and access it by the washer fluid jug. It's tight, but better than pulling the bumper back off!

Willie

Established Member
Still on hold. Waiting for a few pieces from Joe. I've acquired a pair of 2-way valves to use on the intercooler fluid lines that will allow me to bypass the HE. These will be powered by the same switch that will operate the refrigerant valve. With my switch off, the KC and intercooler bypass will not function -- the system will work with the HE. With the switch on, it will turn "on" the KC and allow the intercooler to bypass the HE. By doing this, I will be able to compare apples to apples, a "before" and "after", if you will. I'm installing this, most likely in a couple of months.

Doug1227

Established Member
Have him shoot Joe an email and have him reference the group buy. Joe has been shipping these out early to those on the list.

Joe5.0

Established Member
2003 Cobra here. Interested in the Gen III with the "DragPack" Option.

Would like to join the group buy if possible!

J.Kincaid

Established Member
2003 Cobra here. Interested in the Gen III with the "DragPack" Option.

Would like to join the group buy if possible!

Just email me your shipping and billing information, and a contact number and I'll get back with you for credit card or PayPal information.

Thanks!
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread