Any interest in a Group Buy on a Killer Chiller?

Doug1227

Established Member
I have been talking with Joe Kincaid about the integration of the Killer Chiller on some of the PD Coyote applications. These are very popular with the Cobra/GT500 crowd. I just installed a KB2.8LC on my 2012 and like most PD guys, can see how much heat affects performance. I figured between Roush, Edelbrock, Whipple, KB, etc we might be able to stir up enough interest to justify a group buy. The kit for the S197 platform is regularly $799 plus shipping. If we can get (8) buyers, we can get them for $650 delivered. If we can get (10) buyers, it drops to $600! There's NO ONE out there with a PD supercharger that can't appreciate 50-60 degree intercooler fluid! Let me know what you guys think.

Killer Chiller the Active Intercooler solution for OEM* and after maket intercooler systems.

1.Doug1227
2.Ebrow21
3.Willie
4.Sinful 5.0
5.Buster
6.que4dog
7.Kid Smitty
8.Jus a 5pt0

Last edited:

JasonF1234

Established Member
Damn just bought one about month and a half ago. That thing works pretty good. Living down here in Louisiana I just had to have one.

Doug1227

Established Member
I'll be talking to Joe again and asking that he chime in to answer any questions. We'll get a formal list together and let him manage coordinating the orders.

Doug1227

Established Member
I'd love to hear your experience. What kind of supercharger do you have? Pics of the install?

Damn just bought one about month and a half ago. That thing works pretty good. Living down here in Louisiana I just had to have one.

Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
No problem Justin. Thanks for getting us back on track. I'll ask Joe to come in and answer any technical questions and confirm the pricing is accurate. I look forward to getting a list going!

Doug1227

Established Member
I'm interested in doing it as soon as we can get the (8) together. If you'd like, I can go ahead and get a list going. I've asked Joe to chime in when he gets a chance. Not sure how he'll want to track the commitments.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Just so everyone knows. We would need 8 people to sign up to get the $650.00 shipped price. The kit normally sells for $799.00 + shipping. The kit will drop your IC fluid temps down to about 45~50 degrees post IC. That's about 35~40 pre-IC. You'll install an EZ-clip suction line Tee, and an EZ-clip liquid line tee. This is a parallel kit using an expansion valve, and is pretty easy to install.

It is recommended that you use this kit in conjunction with a large aftermarket IC reservoir, as more IC fluid = lower IATs. It is not recommended to use this kit with a large HE, as the whole IC circuit will be cold, and the HE will be working against it, trying to raise the fluid back up to ambient temps. Running this kit with no HE will give you the coldest temps, usually about 10-15 degrees colder.

If you want to run this kit and also keep a large HE in the system, then I would recommend a 3 way bypass valve. You can pick these valves up for about 50-60 bucks on ebay. I will also be offering an electronic version of these bypass valves in about a month. I'm waiting on the manufacturer to finish production so I can order a batch. I'll be doing a GB for these valves in the near future.

Thanks,
Joe

Doug1227

Established Member
Thanks for chiming in Joe. I think there's a great opportunity for the PD Coyote guys to take advantage of the Terminator and GT500 learning curve! I'll be the first to put my name on the Group Buy List in the original Post. Hell, I'll even post up pics of my install on my KB as I get it all done. Anyone that's interested should post up in this thread and we'll get a list going!

Doug1227

Established Member
It's all at mechanical joints, so it's nothing irreversible. They can recover your freon and put it back in after the work is complete. Should only need a can or two extra probably.

JasonF1234

Established Member
I'd love to hear your experience. What kind of supercharger do you have? Pics of the install?

I had a buddy put it in for me. He said that it wasn't to bad of an install. The only problem he had is that everything is tight so it took a little long for him. The thing works I drive it in 93-95 degrees down here and at the track where temps get up in the mid 80's. I even ran it with the a/c on just for kicks and it still ran 11.0's. BTW I have a roush with a 82mm pulley. And sorry no pics of the install.

frogui

Established Member
maybe a dumb question. Does our a/c compressor turn off at wot? I've heard of of cars with can bus that do.

Doug1227

Established Member
Yes, the AC will turn off at WOT and should be turned off if going down the track. That's what Joe was saying above about having a decent sized reservoir. This will allow you to essentially stockpile good cold water in the pits, then make a pass, then come back and cool it off again. And on the street, any time your AC is on, it's super cooling the intercooler fluids. When you go WOT the AC will cut off, but you'll have a good stockpile of cold water stored up.

Users who are viewing this thread