Any 40+ LASIK individuals here?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Done. The stinging for the first 4 hours after the surgery was very much like sweat or soap in the eye. More inconvenience and it kept me awake the for 3 hours as I tried to sleep even with the help of sleeping pills.

The surgery itself was not bad, just something not experience before. What one sees before and the laser cuts the cornea is unusual. This is the hardest part of the surgery.
The item I disliked the most was washing of the eye before and after the laser. Anything on my eye and I want to close them. That’s why I never had contact lenses and can’t stand eye drops. Doctor kept saying both eyes open.
Less than 10 seconds to cut each cornea. 7 seconds laser in one eye and 8 seconds in the other. Cleaning then flap back then done. Dr. Looked at my eyes 20 min after then I was on my way home to sleep.
Now just have to do those damn eye drops.

Visually first day out, everything is clear and bright even more than when I had glasses. Admitting my my glass were seldom clean. Haha. Impressed so far!

Thanks

Last edited:

Gravik

Established Member
I've wanted to but pretty sure I'm not a candidate since I have amblyopia in my right eye.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Coiled03

Established Member
So, do you see an ophthalmologist, or optometrist for a consultation? Just curious.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
20/20 after 46 hours, and healing well. Doctor was impressed. He even changed eyedrops because I’m healing faster than expected.

We went 20/20 and not more precise to help keep my near vision as long as possible. Very happy so far.

Users who are viewing this thread