Another Terminator Clone Build Thread

trueblue03gt

Established Member
Engine bay looks good, highly recommend The Scot’s rod panels and the pieces that cover the frame for a clean look
Dumb question... but how do you plan on getting the wiring into the bay with the engine bay panels? Would you happen to have a link to the termi rack on napa? I need a new rack myself.

Last edited:

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Dumb question... but how do you plan on getting the wiring into the bay with the engine bay panels? Would you happen to have a link to the termi rack on napa? I need a new rack myself.
I still have the factory pass thrus near the fire wall for the wiring. I am moving the fuse box into the left fender well so may need to route some if the wire differently, honestly I have not sorted that part out yet.
As far as the rack goes, it was and remains a crap shoot. Told my Napa guy what I was looking for and he managed to comeupwith the right numbering on the rack, what we don’t know is what the internal are unless we take it apart and I am not going to do that. I have Flaming River rack that I wanted to use but it would not fit with my Steeda Cross member, I had thought about modifying that but decided against it and went looking for a terminator rack.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Finally got as much of the sound deadening in as I am going to put in for now. I will do the doors after I get the front windows back in. For now the goal is to get the diff back together and installed put the brakes together and get some wheels on it temporarily. I want to get the windshield back in before the weather gets cold. Being a short ass, and as the bottom of the car is 20 or so inches off the floor putting the wheels on and putting it on the floor will help with access, at least it won’t hurt. Besides dying to see what the new wheels and tires look like installed

Attachments

• IMG_5572.jpeg
    IMG_5572.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5570.jpeg
    IMG_5570.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5569.jpeg
    IMG_5569.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5568.jpeg
    IMG_5568.jpeg
    382.4 KB · Views: 73

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Using a solid spacer on the pinion, first time using one of these, hope it work’s easier that those stupid crush sleeves.

Attachments

• IMG_5574.jpeg
    IMG_5574.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5573.jpeg
    IMG_5573.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 79

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Solid spacer was way easier than the crush sleeves, wouldn’t do it any other way now, took a few tries to get the spacer right, well a lot of tries actually but in the end I think it worked out great. Would highly recommend a solid spacer over a crush sleeve to anyone doing gear work. Take your time, follow the directions and it will work out for you. This was my first gear set in decades and the last one I had help from someone that knew what he was doing. If I can do this, so can you!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Solid spacer was way easier than the crush sleeves, wouldn’t do it any other way now, took a few tries to get the spacer right, well a lot of tries actually but in the end I think it worked out great. Would highly recommend a solid spacer over a crush sleeve to anyone doing gear work. Take your time, follow the directions and it will work out for you. This was my first gear set in decades and the last one I had help from someone that knew what he was doing. If I can do this, so can you!

the other thing i like about solid spacers is when you have to replace a leaking pinion seal you don't have to worry about duplicating the bearing preload. just torque down the pinion nut and you're good to go!

DSCN2399.JPG

DSCN2401.JPG

Last edited:

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
the other thing i like about solid spacers is when you have to replace a leaking pinion seal you don't have to worry about duplicating the bearing preload. just torque down the pinion nut and you're good to go!

View attachment 1812337
View attachment 1812338
Yep! Currently have a super shim from Quick Performance in my IRS setup. Makes things nice!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Well due to real life getting in the way I haven’t had much chance to do much on the car the last little while. I did manage to get the diff back under it today so there is one thing off the list. I will get a couple of pics later today or tomorrow. Also welded a couple of ground studs on to the frame, one back in the right rear because the batt is moving back there and a one on each side of the front for engine grounds. I guess next we’ll see about putting some brakes on this thing, I have all the parts just need to get them to migrate on to the car

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, this is sick! Loving this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bullitt1448

Established Member
The important thing......"it's moving along". You're not stuck in a time rut. Big celebration time when your project is DONE! (y)
Thanks Bob, it is moving and I see the small changes that aren't always apparent to others. It just seems to be taking longer than I had hoped. No one's fault but my own. Life just seems to get in the way some times

Users who are viewing this thread