Another dealer beating on customers car thread

liter of cola

Established Member
i had a shitty experience bringing my vette in for the first oil change... dudes gave my car to some young jackass that tried to put the car up on an alignment rack and scraped the living shit out of my carbon fiber front lip. fkn dumbass did it right in front of me too. glad the retard did it in front of me otherwise i wouldn't have noticed, i got the service manager to order me a new lip on them and they also waived the price of the full synthetic oil i opted for.

pretty ridiculous... im tempted to do my own oil changes now. unfortunately its rare to find dealerships that take care of your car like you would, especially when they are used to working on e250's, cop cars and focuses.

definitely take the car to a reputable speed shop for service next time.

Last edited:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I could swear my 2010 has valet mode on it. Might have to figure out how to use it one of these days or maybe just change the tune settings.

Last edited:

madscotsman

Established Member
Sucks to have an experience at a dealership like that. Makes me thankful my dealership is nothing like that. My service guys has actually become a good friend of mine and he ALWAYS looks out for my car when I bring it in, even though I have never had anyone drive it or any of my past 2 mustangs aggressively there. When I was there last time for my oil change he pointed out that another regular customer with a Focus ST just got identical plates as mine on my RS3. The Focus guy wont let them drive the car AT ALL. He pulls the car around and takes the keys with him to the waiting room. Every time they need to move or test drive the car related to service, this guy goes with them, or drives it himself with them in it LOL. Life is too short to worry about that crap and who cares if someone drives your focus..... LOL

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Lets get a few things straight here:

1) you have an upgraded blower/700 hp Shelby you took in to some place for a coupon deal?
2) you gave them the normal key to this 700 hp and did not set a valet key or set your tune to a valet?
3) you have a safe driving recorder on a 700hp car?
4) you could have unplugged the recorder while there?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

1) you have an upgraded blower/700 hp Shelby you took in to some place for a coupon deal?
2) you gave them the normal key to this 700 hp and did not set a valet key or set your tune to a valet?
3) you have a safe driving recorder on a 700hp car?
4) you could have unplugged the recorder while there?

Oh, don't go OP-blaming on us.

He was wronged, BUT it's not like that is the standard in the car industry.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
If you were polite I would have politely asked you to come on the test drive with me. I would then align and retest drive when you came to pick it up.

If not I may have declined to do it or agreed to it depending on how I felt that day. lol
If you were a jerk I would then weigh my options.

Then again, this was a small independent shop.

No issue there whatsoever. I would have gladly said yes to this. I just didn't know who would be doing the aligning and it can be a good excuse to go test if the lug nuts were good and tight if you catch my drift. A young kid that's not used to 460 wheel torque getting loose on a 50 degree day. That's all I was worried about. This is a small shop too and I just moved and this is only the 2nd time I've been there. Two good experiences in a row now. First one was with my old 93 F150 losing voltage and they really took care of me so I went back with the Cobra. Not to get off subject but the guy who did the actual alignment was great. Old school guy with a long goatee, full sleeved tatooes and he comes up with all the spec sheets and asks me "is that your blue "Shelby"". I said yes sir and he goes "that sure is one fine car". Then he spent 10 minutes going over everything and explained how it would be helpful if I got some caster/camber plates but would probably be ok as it is now since it's a good weather only weekend car. I'll be going back there for sure

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member

1) you have an upgraded blower/700 hp Shelby you took in to some place for a coupon deal? Negative, I dont have an alignment rack at my house, so I needed to take it to a shop. I had a balance on a dealer card that needed to be used. No coupon, no special deal. Actually it was 129.95 so I was prolly overcharged for a 2 wheel alignment to start with
2) you gave them the normal key to this 700 hp and did not set a valet key or set your tune to a valet? Ughhh I dont have a panzy tune, which I will now be asking for nor do I have a valet tune.
3) you have a safe driving recorder on a 700hp car? Yep, Car sits in the winter so why not save a couple hundred bucks for letting it sit in the garage? Was slated to come off before the snow melted in the spring.
4) you could have unplugged the recorder while there? Why in the hell would I want to unplug it? A professional should act professional. I'm a CPA, that is like saying all my clients should have their credit locked just because they gave me their SSN to file their tax return. No, I should have the professional responsibility to not open credit cards in their name.

I own a TDI that is apart of the emissions scandal. VW gave everyone 500 in dealer "credit" as a bribe to get us to bring the car in so they could record the mileage as well as get some service money into their dealer.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Word of advice for all of the guys that employ "how they feel that day".

1. It is not your property.
2. Treat others/other's property as you'd want them to treat you/your property
3. Emotions should NEVER be involved in business.
4. You may feel like a customer is an asshole. **** with the wrong one and they could be crazier than you and go to extremes.
5. Re-read 1-4 and run a business or work for a business and have a set of morals and principals. Independent shop, franchise, corporation, LLC, doesn't matter. You're working for the customer and are liable for ANYTHING that happens.

I personally wish I grew up 30+ years ago. People treated people with more respect and there weren't so many divas running around full of emotion and throwing fits.

beeradd

Established Member
What dealership does 13cobra work at?
I live south of KC by Hillsdale lake and would most likely use them for any service needs on my cobra.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What dealership does 13cobra work at?
I live south of KC by Hillsdale lake and would most likely use them for any service needs on my cobra.
Hillsdale Lake is a little over an hour away. The BBQ would be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread