Another dealer beating on customers car thread

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let him take you to Wabash, it's awesome.

FWIW, I will also recommend going to Nick. That was the best car buying experience I have ever had.
Thanks Austin. Wabash is a favorite.

I do dealer trades with guys hundreds of miles away and they'll send their drivers or transport companies with cash for me to send Wabash BBQ sauce back for them

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I test drove EVERY alignment car when i did them.
Before and after.
It was the same piece of road every time that I knew how the car should react to road crown, tram lining, etc....
This.

I had my boss drive cars after me sometimes. We may of went on different roads. However, we never needed to go WOT or brake hard on purpose.

sleek98

Established Member
GM called me back, gave the typical line of that is not how we treat our customers, and we will be talking with all of our tech.

Asked what he could do to make it better but I dont really want anything other than people to know not to take their cars there.

jshen

Established Member
Well if you want to stir up things a bit, you can go see the Service Mgr. and have police meet you there and file a report for Theft by Conversion...The tech that abused your car appropriated it unlawfully for his own purposes...The service mgr will certainly not admit to allowing it otherwise he is in jeopardy of criminal/civil charges. My dealer allowed a tech to put 50 miles on my then brand new 03 Cobra..even ran out all the gas..When the police showed up...service person who drove it was fired on the spot.

Have you thought about future issues with your car based on this trashing, diminished value, effect on insurance?

I neglected to mention that you will need that police report to send to your insurance company.

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member
Well if you want to stir up things a bit, you can go see the Service Mgr. and have police meet you there and file a report for Theft by Conversion...The tech that abused your car appropriated it unlawfully for his own purposes...The service mgr will certainly not admit to allowing it otherwise he is in jeopardy of criminal/civil charges. My dealer allowed a tech to put 50 miles on my then brand new 03 Cobra..even ran out all the gas..When the police showed up...service person who drove it was fired on the spot.

Have you thought about future issues with your car based on this trashing, diminished value, effect on insurance?

I am not worried about any issues with the car. I dont think anyone could be harder on the car than I am, it has a safe tune on the car and I review datalogs often to make sure that nothing is out of wack.

I am however frustrated that I had to drop out of the discount program due to it. So I will be paying a higher premium this year, I was slated for a 31% discount, via not getting the discount that I would have if this idiot did not screw around in my car. I am just hoping that they dont drop coverage at my next renewal, which I dont think they will but they can.

Last edited:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
That sucks about the insurance "red" zones showing up. Even though I trust the shop, I just bought a cobra and while they didn't ask, when I took it in for an alignment I asked them politely to please not test drive the car, just get it w/in spec.

jshen

Established Member
All the more reason to send them a copy of the police report so you can prove you were not the reckless driver. Hopefully they understand and keep you. Otherwise, you have a claim against the dealer now for causing this- to include negligent hiring. Great small claims court case that you can handle yourself. I wonder how many other cars owners have had their cars trashed there?? You could subpoena their service records (and complaints)..A lot of things could be done and all of them would effect dealer's reputation.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Last I checked, you sign a waiver at almost any vehicle repair shop allowing them to drive the car. This is a civil matter, not criminal.

Small claims court is your best bet for recovering financial loss of the higher insurance rate.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I think Jshen is actually a lawyer but what he's suggesting is kinda out there IMO.

When they asked what they can do to make it right I'd have asked for lifetime oil changes on the VW you have. The dealer my dad bought his Denali from a couple years ago does his for free as long as he owns the vehicle and even changes my moms for $10 just because she's his wife. She didn't even buy her vehicle from that dealer.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I don't think I could let it go if it's going to cost you money in the form of not getting the discount. I would e-mail the GM and tell him he can cut you a check for the difference, even if it's $20.

sleek98

Established Member
I think Jshen is actually a lawyer but what he's suggesting is kinda out there IMO.

When they asked what they can do to make it right I'd have asked for lifetime oil changes on the VW you have. The dealer my dad bought his Denali from a couple years ago does his for free as long as he owns the vehicle and even changes my moms for $10 just because she's his wife. She didn't even buy her vehicle from that dealer.

Our TDI is apart of the scandal and will be turned in once our registration document is accepted. So no need for service from them, and even if I was to keep it. I wouldnt trust them to not put the wrong oil in it to slowly mess it up over time.

I don't think I could let it go if it's going to cost you money in the form of not getting the discount. I would e-mail the GM and tell him he can cut you a check for the difference, even if it's $20.

I was slated for a 31% before this, which would have been about 200 a year. Honestly, I would love the extra 200 but I dont need the 200 and I would rather cost them thousands in lost revenue. End the end it will hurt them more than me, I will just have to sign up again next year. I dont want to come off as a whiny customer just looking for a handout.

Looks like just shy of 1,000 people have read my post on the local car forum, Even if they tell one person it will end up costing them a lot more than I could justify asking for.

Last edited:

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member

Edit by Staff. Don't start racial bull shit.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Not that it makes it any better on your insurance rates but now that I'm home and can see the graph (was a work earlier) it doesn't look like he beat on it. Heck he didn't even hit over 80 it doesn't seem. I wonder what that device considers "fast" acceleration? I'd say not much on a 700whp car. Don't forget to get rid of that thing before you do your next 40-120 pull lol

sleek98

Established Member
Not that it makes it any better on your insurance rates but now that I'm home and can see the graph (was a work earlier) it doesn't look like he beat on it. Heck he didn't even hit over 80 it doesn't seem. I wonder what that device considers "fast" acceleration? I'd say not much on a 700whp car. Don't forget to get rid of that thing before you do your next 40-120 pull lol

I didn't set it off at all driving like an adult in the 40 miles i drove it that day, which is how I would have expect him to drive it. It says he took it up to 80-85. Speed limit on the roads he was driving was max 55 or 65.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
That sucks about the insurance "red" zones showing up. Even though I trust the shop, I just bought a cobra and while they didn't ask, when I took it in for an alignment I asked them politely to please not test drive the car, just get it w/in spec.
If you were polite I would have politely asked you to come on the test drive with me. I would then align and retest drive when you came to pick it up.

If not I may have declined to do it or agreed to it depending on how I felt that day. lol
If you were a jerk I would then weigh my options.

Then again, this was a small independent shop.

Stangdriver13

Established Member
This is the reason why my car has never been to a dealer since I have owned it. Even when I put new wheels and tires on, I only gave the dealer the rims and tires then mounted the rims on the car at my place. I need to go in for the airbag recall but haven't done it yet for this reason.

I had a buddy of mine have this happen to him as well with his Z06. He went in to have a sensor replaced, I believe the sensor on the active suspension but can't recall exactly what it was. Regardless…he recorded the mileage when the car was dropped off. When he picked up the car it had an extra 27 miles on it!!!! That's not a short joy ride down the street…that's a good hour drive around town! Honestly they shouldn't of needed to test drive the car….the warning light should of been cleared and good to go. Same bs though…he called the service manager who basically told him tough luck. Then got ahold of the GM…said sorry not much I can do. So my buddy said that's fine…I'll never be back to service or buy a car from here again. He went to a different dealer a couple of yrs later and bought a new Silverado. Got to hit them in the pocket book…that's the only way!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^^ I don't eat anything besides lettuce because one time a restaurant undercooked my salmon.

Users who are viewing this thread