Another dealer beating on customers car thread

sleek98

Established Member
Was this a Ford dealer? Ask 13COBRA to call the dealer GM. He's always offering to help out in these situations. I'm sure the GM doesn't want his dealership name all over the 'net associated with an incident like this and you will end up having a conversation with said GM and get some satisfaction.

Oh damn - just saw that you're in KC, I wonder if there is any chance this was actually AT 13COBRA's dealership??

It is NOT his dealership. I would have called him first, and have a feeling he would actually talk to me vs just sending me to the service manager.

This was VW of Lee's Summit. I have a TDI which is the reason for the gift card. It was VW's were sorry money.

Stampede3 Car has 11k miles on it.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Was this a Ford dealer? Ask 13COBRA to call the dealer GM. He's always offering to help out in these situations. I'm sure the GM doesn't want his dealership name all over the 'net associated with an incident like this and you will end up having a conversation with said GM and get some satisfaction.

Oh damn - just saw that you're in KC, I wonder if there is any chance this was actually AT 13COBRA's dealership??
Well, thanks for throwing my name out there first..

Then secondly, you've gotta be kidding me.
It is NOT his dealership. I would have called him first, and have a feeling he would actually talk to me vs just sending me to the service manager.

This was VW of Lee's Summit. I have a TDI which is the reason for the gift card. It was VW's were sorry money.

Stampede3 Car has 11k miles on it.
Those guys are a bunch of MFers. I wouldn't trust my lawnmower to any of them. I'll call the GM if you'd like me to, but I wouldn't say we're on speaking terms.

Please bring your car out to me from now on, I'll even treat with BBQ lunch.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Those guys are a bunch of MFers. I wouldn't trust my lawnmower to any of them. I'll call the GM if you'd like me to, but I wouldn't say we're on speaking terms.

My car needs serviced, too.

sleek98

Established Member

Again it was not Nicks dealership. He is a couple hours away or honestly I would be happy to go there for everything I cant do.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
You are supposed to do a test drive before and after the alignment. I went to Hunter school when I worked at Sears Auto and this was an absolute requirement to verify the customer's concern and to verify the repair was done properly. I have seen people drive customer's cars like jackasses and that is not cool. I never drove the customer's car hard, had no interest really. Just wanted to make sure it didn't pull. Definitely bring it to the service manager's attention.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member

I meant possibly it could have happened there but never made it up the food chain to you. I'm sure you hope that a tech at your place would never do something like that, but we both know you can't be responsible for the actions of everyone that works for you.

OP - You didn't deserve to be treated like that no matter what, but I would have probably saved the gift card for when the VW needed something. I say find some VW facebook pages and\or forums if any still exist and let people know how you were treated by that dealer.

sleek98

Established Member
I meant possibly it could have happened there but never made it up the food chain to you. I'm sure you hope that a tech at your place would never do something like that, but we both know you can't be responsible for the actions of everyone that works for you.

OP - You didn't deserve to be treated like that no matter what, but I would have probably saved the gift card for when the VW needed something. I say find some VW facebook pages and\or forums if any still exist and let people know how you were treated by that dealer.

It expires in 10 days and had 300 still on it. the TDI doesnt need anything other than to be turned in. Posted on a few other forums as well.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
That BITES, but so does that SOVIET Ins. device you put on your car.

Your INs. co. knows where you are when you're driving your car, it's Big Brother Insurance.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Can't trust anyone anymore. I took my car to get some new tires mounted Friday. When I pulled up the younger guys there were ALL over my car, molesting it deeply with their eyes and dirty thoughts. Even though I can walk back to my house in 5 minutes from where the shop was, I decided to just sit there and wait for them to do it. Their business connects to the back side of our undeveloped but paved part of the neighborhood and there are TONS of burnout marks. I'm betting they take customer cars coming in to get new tires and roast that shit off before they change them.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick was helpful when I recently was looking for a 2016 Edge Sport. Heck, if he was 2 hours away I would gladly make the drive just to meet him in person. Barbecue would just be a nice "extra". :)

If this happened to me, I'd for sure contact the dealership owner and complain directly to him. Including what the service manager said. Sounds like that probably wouldn't have accomplished much based on what I'm reading.

sleek98

Established Member
I have left a message with the GM. But I am honestly not expecting a call back from what I have heard of this group. I found out that the dealer and its owners are clients of a couple friends of mine on the auto side. So if he doesnt call me back they said they would forward this on to the owners in Utah.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick was helpful when I recently was looking for a 2016 Edge Sport. Heck, if he was 2 hours away I would gladly make the drive just to meet him in person. Barbecue would just be a nice "extra". :)

If this happened to me, I'd for sure contact the dealership owner and complain directly to him. Including what the service manager said. Sounds like that probably wouldn't have accomplished much based on what I'm reading.
Thanks for the kind words Bob! I hope you're still enjoying your Edge!
I have left a message with the GM. But I am honestly not expecting a call back from what I have heard of this group. I found out that the dealer and its owners are clients of a couple friends of mine on the auto side. So if he doesnt call me back they said they would forward this on to the owners in Utah.
Please let me know if you think there's anything I can do for you.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I need some of this KC BBQ, buddy. Better be worth the hype

Let him take you to Wabash, it's awesome.

FWIW, I will also recommend going to Nick. That was the best car buying experience I have ever had.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Car is around 700 whp on drag radials.
Service manager basically said opps, then tried to tell me the tech has a couple "racecars" a GTI and a GLI. Ummm arent those like 200 to the wheels if that?
LMFAO
I would have laughed in his face when he said that. I would have asked him if those "racecars" had about 700rwhp too. pppffffttttttt

I would be livid. Not sure what to do but I would be extremely pissed off.
Same here. I would be ripping.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
LMFAO
I would have laughed in his face when he said that. I would have asked him if those "racecars" had about 700rwhp too. pppffffttttttt

Same here. I would be ripping.

I would go introduce myself and trip hitting him with a head butt.

Users who are viewing this thread