another AED lope idle...with a twist.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
I need this bad :-/

Its a fun tune to have. Last Good Guys show we went to I let the car warm up as we packed up and as soon as the tune kicked in it drew a crowd around it. One guy asked what I had done to it and I said is was all in the tune. Then you heard "Nooooooooooo way" from someone else.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
First and foremost this is not a bash post to the OP or any of the tuners that make ghost cam tunes.

I just don't understand why some people use the ghost cam tunes. For me it would be embarrising for someone to walk up to me and be like "Dude your car sounds nasty, what are the specs on your cams?", and then I would have to answer, "oh I dont actually have cams, its just a tune that makes it sound that awesome".

Kinda like putting cobra emblems on a V6.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with every one else, it sounds great! Is there any actual performance gain from AED's ghost cam tune over the performance AED tune?

Once again, OP this really isn't an bash at you nor to any tuner that makes a ghost cam tune.

wbt

Banned
First and foremost this is not a bash post to the OP or any of the tuners that make ghost cam tunes.

I just don't understand why some people use the ghost cam tunes. For me it would be embarrising for someone to walk up to me and be like "Dude your car sounds nasty, what are the specs on your cams?", and then I would have to answer, "oh I dont actually have cams, its just a tune that makes it sound that awesome".

Kinda like putting cobra emblems on a V6.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with every one else, it sounds great! Is there any actual performance gain from AED's ghost cam tune over the performance AED tune?

Once again, OP this really isn't an bash at you nor to any tuner that makes a ghost cam tune.

It is a novelty tune yes however the statement you made is completely ignorant. If you knew how Ti-VCT worked, you would have a completely different perspective on the topic.

It adds nothing for power.

Shaun@AED

Shaun, I have '13 auto GT...do you have this tune available for auto?

Haven't tried it...
We get very few auto's at the shop. I haven't even seen an Auto 2013 yet.
I've been referring 2013 Auto tunes to a buddy who bought a 13 Auto and has spent countless hours R&Ding the car. PM or email me and I'll get you his contact info. He could probably put the lope into these cars....at least I don't see why not. There would probably be a few 'bugs' to work out, but otherwise it should Lope.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
It is a novelty tune yes however the statement you made is completely ignorant. If you knew how Ti-VCT worked, you would have a completely different perspective on the topic.

It adds nothing for power.

Umm. I dont think anyone needs a mechanical engineering degree to know how Ti-VCT works. How is my post ignorant?

BLUF: Sounds awesome but it's kind of poserish IMO.

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
I'm interested in getting my car tuned with Shaun, but I have a few questions for u guys with AED tunes already.
1. I already have a 93 octane tune from Evolution peformance along with an SCT Xcal, how do I go about getting a tune from Shaun..?
2. How do you datalog?
3. Any drivability issues at all with the lope tunes?

Mikegee1028

Established Member
I'm interested in getting my car tuned with Shaun, but I have a few questions for u guys with AED tunes already.
1. I already have a 93 octane tune from Evolution peformance along with an SCT Xcal, how do I go about getting a tune from Shaun..?
2. How do you datalog?
3. Any drivability issues at all with the lope tunes?

Just email [email protected]

You will need a laptop to plug into your sct tuner. Feel free to ask him the questions you have, Sean will go above and BEYOND to help you. As far as the lopey idle tune I kinda felt like it was maybe a waste of money now since I realize it's just too rough to drive with and it gets old quick but w.e already bought it and it's only 50 bucks. Honestly my friends love it and ask why I don't always have it on my car.

He got me tuned pretty damn quick and was super fast to respond emails.

I now have his tune and a BBR tune.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
my car does not smell like its running rich with the lope tune. I do not have cats so i do get the gas smell but its not like a car could follow behind me and get better gas mileage.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Can one of you guys with the tune put a clear cup of water on the hood or dash? I want to see how bad this makes the car rock and roll while sitting. Is it annoying at traffic lights/in traffic? Considering switching to this but do not know if I really want the novelty.

Users who are viewing this thread