another AED lope idle...with a twist.

pohnjarker

Established Member
is there any performance benefit to the lopey tune at all or is it just for sound? Or can the same power be made without the lope tune with the same mods?

its just sound, you'll get the same power on the performance tune that you have on the lope tune

Hey do they do the tune for life deal like Bama?

I'm pretty sure that Shaun has the same type of "tune for life" thing going on....if i have an issue or think i do, i'll get with shaun, log some stuff and if he feels i should try another one, he'll send me one.

I got one today cuz of an issue that i have or think i have in my head, logged it, got some info and advice from Shaun and then an updated tune. He rocks.

Last edited:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
its funny reading things like "making it sound like it has power". Shit, a lot of the old 5.0's with a decent cam werent making 412 hp, lol. I think a lot of us are not giving power the respect it deserves anymore. Sure some were, but the average H/C/I n/a 5.0 wasnt. A car thats a tune and some tire away thats capable of high 11's is pretty ****ing powerfull IMO....

trolls56

Established Member
I love how you can make it sound like my old fox body but it gets much better gas mileage and is much more reliable. I had a fairly big cam in my fox and its brakes sucked cuz of it. With afr 185s a big custom cam holley intake and full exhaust. It put down 320. It was alot of fun loved the way it sound but constantly broke things and had a super stiff clutch. So now the new 5.0s you can get all the cool shit of the old ones with much more power and all the new comforts. At this point I'm thinking about putting a Coyote in my old Fox body. As far as tunes back them there was no way you would get a good mail order tune. I have read nothing but great things from AED when i get my new GT they will be getting a call from me.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
After a lot of consideration, I agree with you. Its awesome that Shaun is getting great reviews about his tunes and service.

Now my question - is there any performance benefit to the lopey tune at all or is it just for sound? Or can the same power be made without the lope tune with the same mods?
It does nothing for performance Steve. So you understand why I do not care for it.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
it does nothing but sounds cool, something not everyone has plus its just another added bonus to your performance tune.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
It does nothing for performance Steve. So you understand why I do not care for it.

Yes sir and again I agree with you. I guess I'm getting old since I prefer the nice smooth quiet car over a lumpy, rough idling everything vibrating in the car type ride. lol. The car is refined and I like it that way. If I wanted a vibrating rattletrap would have kept my 93 Cobra. lol.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Yes sir and again I agree with you. I guess I'm getting old since I prefer the nice smooth quiet car over a lumpy, rough idling everything vibrating in the car type ride. lol. The car is refined and I like it that way. If I wanted a vibrating rattletrap would have kept my 93 Cobra. lol.

I go back and forth. I drive the cam tune for a while then ill go back to stock idle because I just want not feel the lope lol. It's a vicious cycle!

scotmach

Established Member
Years ago guys would put the piece of crap E or B cams in their Fox cars and not touch the intake or heads just for the sound. This is just a new way of going about it.

snakebite72

Established Member
Years ago guys would put the piece of crap E or B cams in their Fox cars and not touch the intake or heads just for the sound. This is just a new way of going about it.

i totally agree...

im guessing this tune will lower your static compression due to the valves been open for a longer period of time? correct? also what about the cyl 8 issue has that been corrected? i herd is in the past now... i wonder if this tune is adding any stress to the VCTi system...mechanical and electronic?

i think i will be an AED costumer soon...

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
i totally agree...

im guessing this tune will lower your static compression due to the valves been open for a longer period of time? correct? also what about the cyl 8 issue has that been corrected? i herd is in the past now... i wonder if this tune is adding any stress to the VCTi system...mechanical and electronic?

i think i will be an AED costumer soon...

talk to shaun, he will be able to answer all of your questions.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
it's ricer if you think about it.

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

having something "sound" cool is cosmetic. I mean I'm not going to get in this war of whether or not it's worth doing, but the sound is made to mimic the sound of a cam. A cam sound that is no longer needed with todays technology. If years ago every fast car had a fart sound coming from the intake, would we be emulating that too? I mean I love the sound of a lopey car, I associate it with a bad ass car too, but to mimic that just seems very ricey to me

Users who are viewing this thread