Amazon Dyno Day in CA Again!!

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Where do you guys want this done at our shop (MSX) or in SJ. We have a new shop and dyno so whatever works for you guys we could have an open house here and have a BBQ and all. Let us know. Thanks

Turlock is a lot farther drive than San Jose. BUT you guys have a new shop, and a new dyno. And I'm always down to meet other Mustang Owners/Car enthusiasts. I guess we can take one for the team and make drive out there.

Plus BBQ? 'Nuff said! :pepper:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
I would love to have my car tuned by rick and see some faces to match with these screen names but i dont think i'll be benefiting as much from a tune as you cobra guys, with the limited amount of mods i have so i might have to pass on this. I dont know i'll see.....

You wouldn't benefit from a tune AS much as us, but it still would definitely help. Plus, It's Rick. He's coming all the way from across the country. There's no tellin when he'll be out here after that. You sure you wanna pass on that :shrug:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
PWORLDSTANG said:
You wouldn't benefit from a tune AS much as us, but it still would definitely help. Plus, It's Rick. He's coming all the way from across the country. There's no tellin when he'll be out here after that. You sure you wanna pass on that :shrug:

maybe some LT's, intake spacer, and some other mods i'll definitely benefit but i dont know.. i would probably spend 500+ since i dont have a SCT xcal2 or anything

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
maybe some LT's, intake spacer, and some other mods i'll definitely benefit but i dont know.. i would probably spend 500+ since i dont have a SCT xcal2 or anything

If you have the money, Long Tubes and an Intake spacer would be a GOOD idea! Plus the tuner for the tune of course.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:

getting a base line from Rick in person is an opportunity that most people have to drive to SC to get..he can tune your vehicle and when you are ready to add more mods he can email a revised tune to you..since you will be an Amazon tuning customer that will be at no extra charge to you for as long as you own the vehicle no matter what you add unless it is NOS

April 7-8 works for us but I need to know asap ..we are booking that far in advance for the shop for weekend appointments

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Linn@Amazon said:
getting a base line from Rick in person is an opportunity that most people have to drive to SC to get..he can tune your vehicle and when you are ready to add more mods he can email a revised tune to you..since you will be an Amazon tuning customer that will be at no extra charge to you for as long as you own the vehicle no matter what you add unless it is NOS

April 7-8 works for us but I need to know asap ..we are booking that far in advance for the shop for weekend appointments

Hm... well so i need to buy a Xcal2 first? how much would it be total? Im thinking maybe about 3 dyno pulls.

MY DREAM

Established Member
Oh man, this sucks! I live in NM but I am comming out to NORCAL to run at the Thunderhill event on the 13th. I wish I could be out thier the week before to get a personal tune from Rick.

James

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
Hm... well so i need to buy a Xcal2 first? how much would it be total? Im thinking maybe about 3 dyno pulls.

dyno time is by the hour and divided between the # of participants
Xcal2-$399..if you buy it from Amazon..if not then there is a $125 program fee
tuner fee-everyone has to pay this $150
travel expenses are divided between the # of participants

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Where do you guys want this done at our shop (MSX) or in SJ. We have a new shop and dyno so whatever works for you guys we could have an open house here and have a BBQ and all. Let us know. Thanks

April 7th @ MSX's new shop

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Linn@Amazon said:
dyno time is by the hour and divided between the # of participants
Xcal2-$399..if you buy it from Amazon..if not then there is a $125 program fee
tuner fee-everyone has to pay this $150
travel expenses are divided between the # of participants

so its going to be 399+150+ travel expenses??

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well guys, lets see where to begin. WE've got alot going on the begining of April, so we would like to do it at the begining of March if this is cool with you guys. We can do it here at the new MSX Shop, as long as that's clear with Lynn/Rick @Amazon.

I know we all had a blast last time and even if you dont get your car Dyno'd, it's always fun to come and check out everyone else's, and show off your own. We'll see if we can get a lil BBQ going too. Let me know if March is good with you guys.

707RIDAH

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Well guys, lets see where to begin. WE've got alot going on the begining of April, so we would like to do it at the begining of March if this is cool with you guys. We can do it here at the new MSX Shop, as long as that's clear with Lynn/Rick @Amazon.

I know we all had a blast last time and even if you dont get your car Dyno'd, it's always fun to come and check out everyone else's, and show off your own. We'll see if we can get a lil BBQ going too. Let me know if March is good with you guys.

March would be even better than April for me! I plan to have everything installed within two weeks. Can it be the second week in March?

Quik Z06

Established Member
Sorry, I meant May. I dont know if that works for Amazon or not but it seems we have a lot going on in April with Amazon having their things going on, Easter, the Ford Show in LA etc...Maybe May would be better? Let us know. March is definitely too soon.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
March at this point will not work for us..would April 7-8 work if it was at JeffS shop..that way you would just have to show up and not have to prepare your shop for this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread