Alternative to torco, try it you will like it.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I put this in my tank mixing it in the half way point on a fill up. took a spin and wow what a difference. Your ecu automatically adjust your timing for the extra octane. 1 bottle treats 25 gallons, its a 15 oz bottle so our tanks will take 10 oz's. It costs $10 a bottle off the shelf, but if you buy a 12 pack from amazon its only $6 a bottle. This stuff is cheaper then torco and will help prevent problems associated with getting a bad load of gas. Its a no brainer to me! Now go get some!

image_zpsecfcb4f0.jpg

redline5.0

Established Member
Octane boosters can be sketchy at best. Lot of them end up causing issues down the road or don't actually work. Good find if it does work and not gunk your shit up.

BMR Tech

I've been using Lucas for a long time. I have made many posts on here about it. It works.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
how much does it actually boost the octane? I mean are we talking a .5 point boost?

Because I have a hard time seeing 10oz of fluid making a difference in 16 gallons of fuel.

Is their any data to back up these claims?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
because I have nothing better to do I looked at their website and up to 3x more octane boost than competitors...no claim as to how much it actually boosts octane :bored:

BMR Tech

Testing has shown a true 96~ octane with (1) bottle per tank.

I spoke with Lucas over the phone, and, they told me that it's 96 octane.

They also told me that putting more than one bottle in a tank, has a VERY minimal affect on the octane rating (diminishing returns)

I know the stuff works, for a fact. It's quite easy too - just pour a full can in and fill the tank up. Stoich is good....no tune change necessary, etc.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ its a shame I had to look elsewhere to find that info. Looks like its been confirmed a few places that itll bump it 30 points (3 octane), apparently has MMT much like torco but doesnt seem to be capable of the same high octane as torco when you start mixing a bunch in

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Lucas seems to make pretty good stuff from what I've seen. I might use this as a bit of 'insurance' on a road course day or something like that.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Adam my tuner at rev auto recomended this stuff and told me the ecu that he just tuned for me will auto adjust for the extra octane, also you feel it right away.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Damn it, I didn't see this was 11-14 section. Not used to the change yet, sorry about that. I see engine/tuning I think of the 03/04 section.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread