Alternative to torco, try it you will like it.

dmichaels

Established Member
I didn't read the whole thread, but unless you're tuned for higher octane fuel, there will not be any realizable benefits. I used to have a B5 S4, which was a twin turbo 2.7 V6, and I did my own tuning on that where I could significantly advance timing and adjust fueling to take advantage of high octane fuel and water/methanol injection. Even then, from the seat of the pants it was hard to tell a difference.

I'd love to run a higher toluene mix in my car, but $$$$ now. Makes for nice unleaded race fuel though!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I have never seen or felt a pwr diff with any octane additives and the only reason I use it is so my car doesn't Detonate.
Detonation equals melted pistons. ;-(

NAILED IT!

I had to replace my ZR1 motor because of a SHIT tank of gas in Florida was rolling with the Motorcycle crew and the spark plugs blew out and the number 8 piston was done, had my original motor fixed after the fact but I will never fill up without TORCO again.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Riiight, no thanks. With my boosted V6 ive never had to run an octane booster and used all sorts of cheapo gas stations. I dont know where all of you are getting your 'bad tanks of gas' from but it must be an exclusive club membership. Buy this crap if you want though obviously, but you wont catch me wit the stuff.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Riiight, no thanks. With my boosted V6 ive never had to run an octane booster and used all sorts of cheapo gas stations. I dont know where all of you are getting your 'bad tanks of gas' from but it must be an exclusive club membership. Buy this crap if you want though obviously, but you wont catch me wit the stuff.

Yeah your right we wont catch with this stuff , but then again we wont need to because we will have already blown by you......lol.

Users who are viewing this thread