Almost ready, hellion twin turbo

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Yes I am. I am having a problem figuring out how to put some sticky tires on without blowing my cover. I have the 255/40/19 tires on the wheels that come with the Brembo package. Nothing really available. There is one Nitto drag radial that would fit, but it's WIDE. I don't know what to do. I won't even step in the throttle much anymore until I figure something out. I don't want to go race car look.

You could always try toyo r888's

kingnut

Established Member
Quick question are these twins providing double the boost because they are the same size?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Looks awesome, really leaning towards one of these kits.

How do you check the oil..lol and a more serious question. It looks like the kit comes with cat delete pipes (maybe?), can you put the stock cats back on for emissions testing?

The oil is easy to check. The clearanced the pipe a bit so you can get your fingers in the to pull the dip stick. I have no problems checking mine.

Ill tell you though if you run stock cats you will not make shit for power. This turbo kit depends on free flowing exhaust. When I took my car to BBR to get tuned I had the regular stainless works cat back and made 526whp. Changes my cat back to a more free flowing cat back and made 586whp. A very big power increase with just a cat back change.

Is this a kit that can be put on by an average joe or would I have to hack my car up at all?

Yes the average joe can put this kit on. I'm an average joe/ do it myself kinda guy. The only cutting in for the intercooler in the bumper. Other then that it's just relocate and bolts. No cutting at all of any wires or engine bay parts.

Quick question are these twins providing double the boost because they are the same size?

they both have 3 psi springs in the wastegates to give you the 5-6 psi the kit comes on. My setup made 5.5 psi. Some make more, some make less. Depends on your exhaust setup really.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
^^^Thanks for the reply!:beer:

One other question, where is the Air Conditioner line routed to that's on the Passenger side of the motor. Seems like the forward facing headers take up their spot so what does one do with it???

Last edited:

CM5878

Established Member
You would have to start the car to take advantage of the turbo kit Darren:dancenana:

One other question, where is the Air Conditioner line routed to that's on the Passenger side of the motor. Seems like the forward facing headers take up their spot so what does one do with it???

slamdcoop0428

Established Member

Technically it doesn't get moved but you do bend some of the aluminum parts. The part that's bent back by the fire wall you just bend it more so it's actually bent down to a true 90 degree bend. Then you follow that same line towards the front of the car and where it turns back to aluminum line after the rubber part where it goes down into the compressor you kinda bend that towards the front of the car so it pulls it away from the collector on the manifold. So basically you are lowering the whole line so it doesn't hit the pipes coming off the turbo.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
You would have to start the car to take advantage of the turbo kit Darren:dancenana:

My shop does get hot ya know! I still need my A/C when I sit in the car and make the Vroom Vroom noises!:poke::D

slamdcoop0428 said:
Technically it doesn't get moved but you do bend some of the aluminum parts. The part that's bent back by the fire wall you just bend it more so it's actually bent down to a true 90 degree bend. Then you follow that same line towards the front of the car and where it turns back to aluminum line after the rubber part where it goes down into the compressor you kinda bend that towards the front of the car so it pulls it away from the collector on the manifold. So basically you are lowering the whole line so it doesn't hit the pipes coming off the turbo.

Thanks again! Any heat related issues by NOT wrapping the headers and the heat melting the coil covers??? I don't like the wrap. Guess I could have them Jet Hot coated.

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
My shop does get hot ya know! I still need my A/C when I sit in the car and make the Vroom Vroom noises!:poke::D

Thanks again! Any heat related issues by NOT wrapping the headers and the heat melting the coil covers??? I don't like the wrap.

Hellions car isn't wrapped but their pipes are ceramic coated so that helps. It seems most people wrap them like I have. I even put small turbo blankets on mine to help since that's the hottest part. But to my knowledge and talking to urist, there hasn't been any melting yet of any plastic parts.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Is this a kit that can be put on by an average joe or would I have to hack my car up at all?

Hellions car isn't wrapped but their pipes are ceramic coated so that helps. It seems most people wrap them like I have. I even put small turbo blankets on mine to help since that's the hottest part. But to my knowledge and talking to urist, there hasn't been any melting yet of any plastic parts.

This is correct.

dbrford2003

Established Member
The oil is easy to check. The clearanced the pipe a bit so you can get your fingers in the to pull the dip stick. I have no problems checking mine.

Ill tell you though if you run stock cats you will not make shit for power. This turbo kit depends on free flowing exhaust. When I took my car to BBR to get tuned I had the regular stainless works cat back and made 526whp. Changes my cat back to a more free flowing cat back and made 586whp. A very big power increase with just a cat back change.

Thanks for the response I appreciate it. I figured best results will be a with a free flowing exhaust, I would need to put cats back on every 2 years for emissions testing. I do have the boss302 quad exhaust and gt500's, would this flow enough?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Thanks for the response I appreciate it. I figured best results will be a with a free flowing exhaust, I would need to put cats back on every 2 years for emissions testing. I do have the boss302 quad exhaust and gt500's, would this flow enough?

Having the side pipes open might help a little but not much. The gt500's would kill your flow. I have a straight through 3" axle back, I run my stock OTA pipes but I had the resonators cut out and straight 3" pipe put in their place. The stock resonators almost restrict down to 2".

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Hey machman, I actually saw your car in the shop when the turbos were getting bolted on. Got some GT500 mufflers (for sound) put on then. It looks amazing, would love to see it in person sometime now that its running. I am in Acworth, about 5 miles from Injected. :banana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread