Almost ready, hellion twin turbo

D.T.R

Established Member
Got me a updated pic today she sure is looking mean

2ajebahy.jpg

Nice pic man.
Don't forget to do undo/delete that passenger side PCV hose.

machman

04 SVT COBRA
Established Member
Nice pic man.
Don't forget to do undo/delete that passenger side PCV hose.

Yea he will he still has some more to do.

Tires and wheels will be next

Might get the stock wheels widen so I can run a drag radial for the time being

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Yes I am. I am having a problem figuring out how to put some sticky tires on without blowing my cover. I have the 255/40/19 tires on the wheels that come with the Brembo package. Nothing really available. There is one Nitto drag radial that would fit, but it's WIDE. I don't know what to do. I won't even step in the throttle much anymore until I figure something out. I don't want to go race car look.

Fun4me

Established Member
How about the rest of your suspension? I was scared driving a stock auto gt w/o brembo. With twins it would be like a rollercoaster. There are a few sticky tires out there in 19", however your going to be at 26-26.5" tall. If I were you I would look into 275 35 19, since I don't think you'll be carving too many corners the width will just help you. Direzza ZII $315 each at tirerack.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
How about the rest of your suspension? I was scared driving a stock auto gt w/o brembo. With twins it would be like a rollercoaster. There are a few sticky tires out there in 19", however your going to be at 26-26.5" tall. If I were you I would look into 275 35 19, since I don't think you'll be carving too many corners the width will just help you. Direzza ZII $315 each at tirerack.

My local guy that drove the car today said that nothing short of a true drag radial would really help me much. I looked at the Nitto NT05 in 275/35/19 and was really interested. Is the NT05 any better than the Goodyear tires I have? He said, "not much"

Fun4me

Established Member
The Direzza ZII is stickier(thanthe NT05). If you want that sleeper look, you dont have much choice. How often do you want to change your tires?

machman

04 SVT COBRA
Established Member
The Direzza ZII is stickier(thanthe NT05). If you want that sleeper look, you dont have much choice. How often do you want to change your tires?

Will that tire hook better than the Pirelli that's on the brembo wheel.

Fun4me

Established Member
Will that tire hook better than the Pirelli that's on the brembo wheel.
Hell yeah. Wider and stickier. And you can still squeeze it on the Brembo wheels. Only downside is its a bit shorter, so a .5" more wheel-well gap.

dbrford2003

Established Member
Looks awesome, really leaning towards one of these kits.

How do you check the oil..lol and a more serious question. It looks like the kit comes with cat delete pipes (maybe?), can you put the stock cats back on for emissions testing?

machman

04 SVT COBRA
Established Member
Looks awesome, really leaning towards one of these kits.

How do you check the oil..lol and a more serious question. It looks like the kit comes with cat delete pipes (maybe?), can you put the stock cats back on for emissions testing?

i haven't seen it in person yet so I don't know about the oil lol that will suck

And you can bolt this kit up to the factory exhaust and leave the factory cats in place

Users who are viewing this thread