• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

All Electric Mach-E SUV is Officially in the "Mustang Family"

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Nov 14, 2019.

1. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Keep'um smiling Established Member

Putting the Mustang name on an SUV is like offering Spandex in XXL.

Papaw likes this.
  2. Snagged

Snagged Shenanigans!!! Established Member

Khan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8ballBooker likes this.
  3. 8ballBooker

8ballBooker Member Established Member

I swear, if someone parks this abomination next to me and says "I have a mustang too", I'm going to lose it. Reminds me of the Taurus X. Just plain stupid. They could have at least called it the "Stallion E", or something different.

2012 3.7, Barton short throw, Roush exhaust and intake, J&M panhard bar and camber plates. Upper strut bar, Eibach pro dampers. vogtland springs. Foose grill and sport rims with Cooper RS3. MMD side louvers, wilpak rear louvers. Stillen chin spoiler. GT500 spoiler. CDC rear panel

Papaw likes this.
  4. Papaw

Papaw Well-Known Member Established Member

I think someone at Ford screwed up and announced the name of this thing too early. Pretty sure it was supposed to be released April first.

gimmie11s likes this.
  5. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

I saw a Mustang-E commercial on tv today. I just shook my head. Ford is marketing this pig hard.

Papaw likes this.
  6. Recon

Recon Well-Known Member Established Member

bc19d1f94f46652b561b3c90d41fc968.jpg
    Can this be the Mach E instead? I could be for this in time but never this suv abomination.

Pick your poison.

Papaw likes this.
  7. john11gt

john11gt Well-Known Member Established Member

No, because that would be smart and cool. Neither of which ford is about these days.

gimmie11s and Papaw like this.
  8. SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT Well-Known Member Established Member

upload_2019-11-29_20-24-19.jpeg

Papaw likes this.
  9. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

Yeah, I could totally be on board for an all-electric Mustang coupe named the Mustang-E. Would make perfect sense. But then Ford doesn't always do things that make sense.

10. ScottSGS

ScottSGS New Member Established Member

I can give a crap if this thing is faster than any REAL Mustang! The fact of the matter is, Ford is using the name just for sales and can care less about what loyal Mustang owners think. Pretty much an F you from Ford. It’s all about supply and demand and I believe this car will flop.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

11. Klaus

Klaus Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

BULLITT remake with e Mustang

12. tomf

tomf New Member

I also own a 1970 Mach 1 and when I saw the new electric SUV is called a Mach-E yet alone Mustang my day was ruined. Come on Ford, really! Oh I almost forgot a 4 door Mustang, wow. What's next a Boss-E ?
    That being said it will probably sell well but should have been named something else.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  13. tomf

tomf New Member

Beside my GT500 I also own a 1970 Mach 1 and when I saw that it was named Mustang and Mach-E my blood pressure went up 1000%. A 4 door to boot ! That being said, I recently read that deposits have been put down on all of the first run of Mach-E's. Wow!

Papaw likes this.
  14. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member Top Shelf Gentlemen

Soooooo, if Ford comes out with 3 EV's, will the stock price jump to 500?

15. Cobra10thaniv

Cobra10thaniv Active Member Established Member

I know Ford reads comments online. So I will do anther post

Ford obviously trying Competing with a Tesla at their game. You're not going to win at their game that's all they do! So you tried to use Mustang name to boost sales! Really? Clean house on marketing boys and girls.

You seriously can't jump into that market think you are where it's at with 4dr suv. And certainly not BET THE BANK of good profit with your existing customers on name dropping and badging..

Ford if you're going to come out with electric Mustang and want to compete with Tesla it needed to be 2dr SLEEK & SEXY sinister real mustang. Tesla doesn't have that they know elect a basic No Frills look but fast

A real electric mustang as I mentioned may not COMPETE with tesla speed distance and gadgets. But Tesla really doesn't have the sleek an sexy style as I said!! Nice car yes but NOT to the masses of Mustang car guys. Soccer mom's yes they buy it no matter what the name.

So a sleek an sexy sinister fast 2DR electric mustang ... yes that would sell great! Give marketing a raise But A 4dr suv with Mustang badge? FIRE the marketing group. Seriously do it now stop the bleeding!

You don't see 4 door production vett go to sales. Seriously Ford you missed out on oportunity to do a super hot sleek sexy low to ground electric mustang. Some old school not like I imagine, its still electric. But that's what you ad to line up not 4dr Suv.
    But why call something that has no Lineage to mustang. Oh wait tailights an badge. You best step out of the electric box an look (Fire a few people) give them the Electric chair! for bad ideas on you electric vision.

If you had named it a Escape-E I actually would have thought about it. Now I won't.

With this mustang Mach-e you shot yourself in the foot an tried to do a Harry Caray move with your electric dream .

Was this car one of those let's do electric? Then some says mustang! an no one has balls enough to stand up say this is a bad idea WHEN IT'S SAID 4DR SUV??????. Instead everyone keeps patting each other on the back. Cause some chairman says hey guys let's do electric.

So ford as your reading these msgs.. I'm sure your patting yourself on the back saying he's just one guy were still right!.. know you hurt if not ruined the new Mustang name. What a sad time of Ford and Mustang name

I have 4 mustangs currently Saleen, 10th Anniversary cobra vert, GT Fox body, and a old GT Mustang.
    Once in awhile I drive my cars into work everyone always said WOW. Now all they do is laugh tell me jokes about the new 4dr mustangs and try to make reference to mine. Even non car guys!. The owner of the company I work for does that even.
    Can I take jokes of course.... Point is can you see what you did to the Mustang name and future heritage . Forget you marketing group research with the Mach-e we already established that group needs to go on unemployment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Papaw likes this.
  16. Papaw

Papaw Well-Known Member Established Member

Ford's marketing group showed how bad they are with the botched reveal of the 2020 GT500. It was inept, horrible, even painful!

And calling an all electric, 4 door, crossover a Mustang? Stupid beyond words.

17. Mosh7o6

Mosh7o6 New Member Established Member

Bad call on Fords part turning a pony car into a battery car.