• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

All Electric Mach-E SUV is Officially in the "Mustang Family"

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Nov 14, 2019.

1. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

All Electric Mach-E SUV is Officially in the "Mustang Family"

1573729589956.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 14, 2019 – Ford’s all-new, all-electric SUV will don the iconic pony badge and the name Mustang Mach-E when reservations for the vehicle open after it is revealed this Sunday.

The all-electric Mustang Mach-E will make its debut Nov. 17 at an event in Los Angeles that will be streamed on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Autohome (China). Special guest, actor Idris Elba, will help introduce the latest addition to the Mustang family. Immediately following the broadcast – which ends at approximately 6:30 p.m. PST (9:30 p.m. EST) – reservations will open for the Mustang Mach-E at Ford.com.

Customers can reserve their spot in line for the Mustang Mach-E by making a $500 refundable reservation deposit.1 Timing will be critical, especially for a limited First Edition, details of which will be announced as part of the Nov. 17 event.

Customers in the U.S. and Europe who wish to reserve a vehicle can select their desired specification of the Mustang Mach-E, create a Ford account, select their preferred Ford dealer, and enter their credit/debit card details and address.

Customers who reserve a vehicle will be able to finalize their configuration next year when the ordering window opens.

Reservation timing for China will be announced at a later date.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  2. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

Leave it to Ford to make a vehicle that looks nothing like a mustang and then call it part of the mustang family.

My gripe has nothing to do with electric, it's the fact it's some small SUV that has 1% of the features from a real Mustang.

They really couldn't come up with a better name than Mustang Mach-E? Why not throw the word GT500 in there too

3. cmnorman

cmnorman Member Established Member

He said guilt free performance...lol. I have plenty of guilt free performance in my gas hogging 5.0 stroker. I never checked MPG because I don't care...I just love smashing the loud pedal and accelerating hard regardless of what is coming out the other end.

4. Makobra

Makobra Well-Known Member Established Member

this is 100% grade A eco-apocalyptic inspired doomsday profiteering BULLSHIT.

5. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Wut? Established Member

Something tells me that if Ford is willing to put the Mustang moniker on a SUV, the thing is probably going to be competitive with other "high performance" SUVs. People complained at first when Porsche even started making a SUV and now their SUVs are highly respected for performance. I'll have to wait until after the reveal before I make my mind up about it.

6. Makobra

Makobra Well-Known Member Established Member

i actually don't mind the SUV aspect. the lambo urus is SICK. its the patronizing ecobullshit that bothers me. i don't even have an issue with an electric car. its when the selling point is "guilt free" that I roll my eyes so hard it can probably be heard from orbit.

7. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

What the...! Why in the hell would they slap the Mustang logo on an SUV. Not to mention adding "Mach" as well. For 54 years the Mustang has been one thing...a pony car. Now apparently Ford has decided to broaden the Mustang line. Every time I hear nonsense like this it makes me happy that I jumped ship. Do they plan on a Shelby version of this SUV? Maybe a Mustang Mach-E Shelby 500?! :rolleyes:

2veloce2003 and 03' White Snake like this.
  8. mariusvt

mariusvt Active Member Established Member

Ford's step one to killing the mustang as a car so they can fully implement the no more cars direction the company is trying to accomplish

8ballBooker likes this.
  9. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

This won't kill the Mustang lol

You'd be surprised on how strong the market will be on this car.

hand-filer, HISSMAN, VNOMIS and 3 others like this.
  10. Willie2

Willie2 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I would think the Mach-E name would be a better fit for the upcoming hybrid Mustang.

11. 04sleeper

04sleeper Runs On "Liquid Gold" Staff Member Super Moderator

Excited to see what it looks like for an SUV. The performance sounds promising.

Not sure what they used the Mustang name though.

12. Pribilof

Pribilof 5,280 Reasons to Mod Established Member

Barf.

Porsche didn't call their SUV the "911 Mach-X Suv" they came up with a new name.

8ballBooker, merc lover and me32 like this.
  13. lexustech48

lexustech48 Ghost Editor-In-Chief Premium Member Established Member

Meh.

me32 likes this.
  14. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

The name cayenne is close enough to carerra to tie the storied legacy without shitting on it.

I think this vehicle would be better served with its own unique name. You lose some style and bravado when you don’t make your own mark but instead borrow from your older brother.

It would be wiered if the ford raptor was called the ford raptor-lightning or if the Chevy SSR was called the Chevy Corvette SSR

15. pwrshft99

pwrshft99 Active Member Established Member

I'm done. I mean, I have waved the Ford banner my entire disposable income life. I can't support this bullshit any longer. I'm sorry, and it doesn't matter since I refuse to purchase any new vehicle on the market. However this is the biggest and hardest of all the slaps in the face over the last few decades.

*** Pussy ass 302 blocks that split if you sneeze on them. You can fall backwards over a 4 bolt main 350

*** Proving a 351 can fit in the SN95 platform but deciding 'nah'

*** The 2V 4.6. Especially the NPI but even the PI engine was a joke compared to what the F body's were packing. To make it worse? Explorers and Mountaineers got aluminum blocks.

*** Proving the 5.4 can fit in the New Edge platform, deciding 'Nah'

*** The 3V 4.6. What a waste of R&D to end up with a less powerful engine than the the 4V 4.6 made 9 years before it.

*** The coyote. Finally, a real performance engine! **** me are they expensive though. It's on par with what GM offers when stock, but it cannot compete in HP per dollar once you mod it.

*** Casting an aluminum 5.4/5.8 block. Then only using it in one low volume vehicle. There would be no appeal to an all aluminum, NA 4V 351?? Apparently not says Ford.

*** The Vodoo engine. Ooohohh. Except they seem to use oil like a two stroke.

*** The 8 years it took to release the 2020 GT500, apparently whittled from unobtainium. Might be a world class performer, I get it. But there is nothing exotic about the engine that couldn't have gotten this car on the road years ago.

But this to me, screams cheap. Lets milk the only thing we got going for us!! People buy Mustang because it's a Mustang!! Let's just call our SUVs Mustang!! Great idea Johnson, here is a $100,000 bonus.

**** me this pisses me off so much. I don't even know why. Most my car parts these days come from the junkyard anyway. I swear I'm building an LS. It's so goddamn cheap and ive always wanted to. This my have broke me.

**** you Ford. I won't wear any of your shirts I got from Walmart anymore

16. AustinJ427

AustinJ427 Well-Known Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

I can't get behind them calling it a Mustang.

Why didn't they just call it a Mach E and leave it at that?

merc lover, me32 and biminiLX like this.
  17. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

That was the original intent. The decision to call it a Mustang Mach E just came within the last week.

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  18. AustinJ427

AustinJ427 Well-Known Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Can we somehow vote you into the CEO position of Ford?

I own like 25 shares so I probably have some say in the matter.

19. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Established Member

This is an effort to cash in on the Mustang name, for people who’ve never owned one. It may achieve some success, but serves to attract new clients at the expense of pissing off the Mustang owners. What’s next, a Focus RS minivan?

merc lover likes this.
  20. Booky

Booky Who's Picking The Banjo Here? Established Member

Any chance they are going to slap a cobra emblem on it somewhere?

conceptmachine and me32 like this.