Airplane Etiquette

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
When I left the military I was hired as a Field Service Engineer with a 3D printing firm. This requires flying every week. I would just like to share what I consider polite and see if you guys agree.

- If you get the middle seat you get priority on both arm rests.
-Make sure you know what you are doing with your carry on gear so nobody is waiting a minute for you to decide if you want it under the seat or in the overhead
- If it’s bright as hell outside close your window. Sometimes it feels like a sun flare is coming from the window.
- For the love of god don’t have your phone on speakerphone/ have sound turned on.
- Turn your brightness down!

Anybody else?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
When I left the military I was hired as a Field Service Engineer with a 3D printing firm. This requires flying every week. I would just like to share what I consider polite and see if you guys agree.

- If you get the middle seat you get priority on both arm rests.
-Make sure you know what you are doing with your carry on gear so nobody is waiting a minute for you to decide if you want it under the seat or in the overhead
- If it’s bright as hell outside close your window. Sometimes it feels like a sun flare is coming from the window.
- For the love of god don’t have your phone on speakerphone/ have sound turned on.
- Turn your brightness down!

Anybody else?

Sums it up:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I don't plan to place myself in a flying cigar tube full of people. I would go insane after a few minutes due to the manners and inconsiderate nature of most.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

luker669

Established Member
How about if your not sitting with a family member it’s not Ok to talk/tell to them when 3 or more aisle away.
Stop you ****ing kids from kicking the back of the seat for the whole flight.
It’s not ok to change your baby’s diaper just because the seat next to you is empty.
No I don’t want to hear your life story!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MFE

Established Member
In addition to all these,

- Use headphones, you self-absorbed ****
- While you're using headphones, understand that if you're talking, YOU'RE YELLING
- Keep your ****ing kids' feet from touching the back of my seat, at all times
Do not, under any circumstances, bring fish of any kind to eat on the plane.
- For ****s sake if I hear you rattle the ice as you suck on what's left of the drink in your empty cup ONE MORE TIME, I'm gong to jail.

Machdup1

Established Member
OP has a good list. When flying with the great unwashed you learn to be tolerant, but I'll add:

-Don't run to the front of the plane when we pull up to the gate. Wait your turn, we all have places to be.

-Don't be rude to the flight attendants because you feel you are self important.

-No, I won't trade my Isle seat so you can sit next to your whatever.

-No, I won't trade my emergency row seat.

-If you are a smoking hot chick, your seat is next to mine.

OP, if you are flying out of ORF, I'll probably see you at the airport. I'm over by Little Creek and fly from time to time.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Anyone here follow the Andre The Giant rule for overhead storage?
7TRZt4_UofgfZJW37criheit2RoyJP-S5WxVmQ2kM0w.jpg

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
OP has a good list. When flying with the great unwashed you learn to be tolerant, but I'll add:

-Don't run to the front of the plane when we pull up to the gate. Wait your turn, we all have places to be.

-Don't be rude to the flight attendants because you feel you are self important.

-No, I won't trade my Isle seat so you can sit next to your whatever.

-No, I won't trade my emergency row seat.

-If you are a smoking hot chick, your seat is next to mine.

OP, if you are flying out of ORF, I'll probably see you at the airport. I'm over by Little Creek and fly from time to time.

ORF is actually one of the better airports. Try getting a rental at LAX. It’s a 25 minute bus drive in traffic. Denver? A cool 15. I’ve stayed at the little creek Navy Lodge many a time. Great stuff. See ya around!

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Honestly, I take a clonazepam now before going to the airport. I travel so much, I can't take the chance of any "issues"

People aren't polite anymore. Last week, coming back from Dallas, I had a guy tell his daughter to take my seat. When I showed up, they said "oh, we switched". I looked her dad square in the eye and asked him if he wanted to reimburse me for the difference I paid to specifically get that seat. His daughter was so embarrassed and I just wanted to get home since I live on the road, I told them to just stay there. The sky waitress (aka flight attendant) stood there watching the whole thing and said nothing.

I've gotten used to the kids kicking my seat, the drunks on vacation acting fools, etc.

The sedative keeps the monster in check.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Honestly, I take a clonazepam now before going to the airport. I travel so much, I can't take the chance of any "issues"

People aren't polite anymore. Last week, coming back from Dallas, I had a guy tell his daughter to take my seat. When I showed up, they said "oh, we switched". I looked her dad square in the eye and asked him if he wanted to reimburse me for the difference I paid to specifically get that seat. His daughter was so embarrassed and I just wanted to get home since I live on the road, I told them to just stay there. The sky waitress (aka flight attendant) stood there watching the whole thing and said nothing.

I've gotten used to the kids kicking my seat, the drunks on vacation acting fools, etc.

The sedative keeps the monster in check.

Jesus. What airline?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
As someone with wide shoulders it would be nice if one person ever said "excuse me" after piledriving my shoulder on the way to the bathroom. Honestly though, I am 6'3" 220lbs and I manage to squeeze by everyone without grazing anything, yet, every god damn person passing me smashes my shoulder and rarely does someone excuse themselves.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I only fly window but middle seat occupant getting both armrests I don't buy into. I started flying first class a few years ago. I only fly twice a year, if that, so I pay up to avoid the Bertha McFatty guts spilling onto my lap and the shorter lines at security with TSA(Trained Sexual Assaulters). I do take my shoes off, though. Sorry. I'm that guy. I assure you I don't smell, though. I sometimes get a look from the neighbor beside me but since my dogs don't reek I've never had an issue. I use no electronics and just read and sleep the whole time. I can go upwards of 6 hours without needing the toilet as well.

M91196

Established Member
Don’t drag your bag down the aisle like it’s a plow smashing into everyone

Don’t have a shrimp scampi omelette for breakfast, the garlic oozing out of your pores.....

Don’t ever bring a sandwich with raw onions on the plane to eat.

I fly every week too and believe you should pay the extra fee to carry on your luggage, people who check should get it for free, they never follow the rules and it’s always a shit show as they try to jamb all their crap in.

And screw TSA pre, they need business traveler pre. It used to mean something now it’s Q-tips who can’t follow instructions and they slow down all the rest of us.

spectreman

Established Member
As someone with wide shoulders it would be nice if one person ever said "excuse me" after piledriving my shoulder on the way to the bathroom. Honestly though, I am 6'3" 220lbs and I manage to squeeze by everyone without grazing anything, yet, every god damn person passing me smashes my shoulder and rarely does someone excuse themselves.

Good lord, this happens to me on every flight. I fargin' hate flyin. I'm only 5'10" but like you, broad shouldered and thick of chest. Those seats are built for pansy men and little girls. By the time the flight ends, I'm in physical discomfort trying to make myself smaller.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Good lord, this happens to me on every flight. I fargin' hate flyin. I'm only 5'10" but like you, broad shouldered and thick of chest. Those seats are built for pansy men and little girls. By the time the flight ends, I'm in physical discomfort trying to make myself smaller.

I hate the hassle of flying and I'm not a huge fan of hotels. I've been considering just buying RV.

Users who are viewing this thread