Airplane Etiquette

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
+65k!

As someone with wide shoulders it would be nice if one person ever said "excuse me" after piledriving my shoulder on the way to the bathroom. Honestly though, I am 6'3" 220lbs and I manage to squeeze by everyone without grazing anything, yet, every god damn person passing me smashes my shoulder and rarely does someone excuse themselves.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
One thing that has always amazed me is the people that will not wait their turn to depart the plane. WTF is that about?
And I am not talking about the people that have only minutes to get to their next gate, that I can understand.

I am talking about the Tammy Faye Bakker doppelgangers that try to work their way up the aisle after the plane arrives at the gate, while others are standing up and grabbing their carry-ons. :mad:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Havent flown since Feb 2001 and dont look forward to doing it ever again

CV355

_
Established Member
-Don't run to the front of the plane when we pull up to the gate. Wait your turn, we all have places to be.

I stand up and refuse to let those assholes by. Everyone leaves quicker that way because it doesn't block access to overhead.

It's the same thing as when assholes pass everyone after lanes have merged down to 1 due to an accident/construction/whatever. They zip by then force themselves in ahead of everyone. Special place in hell for them.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I do not fly unless it is absolutely necessary. At that point a bottle of Xanax is needed, and everyone around me would likely appreciate a trip to the bar so they could enjoy me in an unconscious state.

I'm not claustrophobic, but I am not a fan of trains, busses, or other forms of human herding.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Jesus. What airline?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
American Airlines

I forgot to mention, they lost my bag on that trip.

I had to change flights in Miami and they literally gave me 4 minutes to go from one terminal to the next.

Next thing I know, after arriving back in Houston, they lost my bag. It had been last seen in Miami. What's truly sad is that I had a sinking feeling that was going to happen.

They found my bag and delivered it to the house. Fortunately, they lost it on the way back from the refinery and not headed to it as the bag had my H2S monitor and my FR jumpsuit in it.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
We always order specialty meal in international flights. I go halal or diabetic and my wife will do Indian or halal. It is nice eating before everyone and having them stare my blond hair blued eyed bitch down knowing she is about muslim as a ham sammich.

Sent from my hairy pimpled buttocks using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I stand up and refuse to let those assholes by. Everyone leaves quicker that way because it doesn't block access to overhead.

It's the same thing as when assholes pass everyone after lanes have merged down to 1 due to an accident/construction/whatever. They zip by then force themselves in ahead of everyone. Special place in hell for them.
Need to learn the zipper technique like the germans use. It makes the 2 mile stop and go vanish as people fight for spaces in the US.

Once you see it work you roll your eyes when you see that ling ass single lane that barely moves.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
People that slam their seat back. I don’t know how many times the seat back has missed my head or nose.

blk02edge

Established Member
Number one for me is not waiting your turn to get off. Number 2 is the people who are slow to grab their carry on.

Gravik

Established Member
If you're as large as a wildebeest, for ****s sake reserve two seats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kevins89notch

Established Member
-No, I won't trade my Isle seat so you can sit next to your whatever.

Hahaha, I went a few rounds with this on a prior flight. I booked an aisle seat. Someone a row up asked me to switch with their middle seat so they can sit by their teenage kid. I said no thanks. They were caught off guard like their question was more of a "guess what you're about to do" statement. She said "huh?" I said I specifically booked an aisle seat. She started going off "what's the difference?" I already had my phone in hand, so I just started browsing whatever and ignoring her. 10 seconds later I hear a guy say, "Sir?" Some random dude 2 rows up with an aisle seat said, "Could you switch with me and I'll take her seat." We all 3 move and then she says, "Was that so hard?" I bit me tongue...big time. I kept picturing federal agents hauling me off if I responded with, "Bitch, he just did that to make you shut the **** up."

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Just my personal opinion, but I hate people who recline their seat. Oh, you want to give yourself 3 more inches while thus taking 3 inches away from me? I don't think any of the cheap seats should recline at all.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Just my personal opinion, but I hate people who recline their seat. Oh, you want to give yourself 3 more inches while thus taking 3 inches away from me? I don't think any of the cheap seats should recline at all.
I will take 3 inches especially on those 10 hour internstional flights, sorry but i will take what the seats are designed for.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
My absolute pet peeve is when we pull into the gate and 1-2 idiots run to front of plane like they are more important than every single other person. Sometimes I'll jump up into the center aisle just to stop them and start messing around casually with my bag as they try to squeeze by. Normally this buys enough time for other people to stand up and they have to abandon their hopes of running to the front of the plane. Even if my connection is in 5 minutes, I would never dream of doing that stuff. If I want off the plane first, I upgrade to first class.

My other thing is, I always pay for aisle seats. People frequently ask me to switch, and most people take my "no thanks" the first time and stop asking. Last time I flew, there was this couple who came down the center aisle. Now keep in mind, this plane wasn't full and there were emergency exit seats and economy plus seats empty and for sale. This guy and his wife start hassling me to switch my seat so he can have the aisle. He said he's been having issues with his leg. I had to tell him 3-4 times I paid for this seat before he left me alone. I literally paid $25 for the aisle seat, and you think I'm going to give it up for free? Why doesn't your cheap ass buy one of the aisle seats empty and for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread