After the unevitable. Engine built and new turbo !!

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
BOOSTIN you get that thing tuned yet? Sorry for jacking.

tuned haha nooo im waiting on injectors and tbolt clamps for the coldside. keep blowing the current tubing apart =\ . its only set @ 4lbs but god she gets louuudddd lol Im running a tune from Sdtuning for 4lbs with near stock timing until im in boost, then its pulled back. Once i get everything 100% complete(Exhaust,injectors,single blade tb&intake mod,clamps & BOV) then it will be tuned :beer:
oh...and its a Triple Ball-Bearing turbo;-)

Last edited:

faststang14

Established Member
tuned haha nooo im waiting on injectors and tbolt clamps for the coldside. keep blowing the current tubing apart =\ . its only set @ 4lbs but god she gets louuudddd lol Im running a tune from Sdtuning for 4lbs with near stock timing until im in boost, then its pulled back. Once i get everything 100% complete(Exhaust,injectors,single blade tb&intake mod,clamps & BOV) then it will be tuned :beer:
oh...and its a Triple Ball-Bearing turbo;-)

triple ? god how many bearings are thet gonna stick in there... whats that intake mod??

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
triple ? god how many bearings are thet gonna stick in there... whats that intake mod??

:lol:

the mod is just taking the bar out of the intake . it will interfere with the singleblade throttlebody. some say its not even worth it to do it. Im gettin the hookup on the tb so i may as well go for it :burnout:

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
motor looks amazing. It would look even better with a sullivan intake. I wish my timing cover was coated black.

Last edited:

faststang14

Established Member
almost done just need to put the starter some fluid and good to crank.

IMG_0003.gif

IMG_0005.gif

IMG_0016.gif

IMG_0020.gif

should be all done by the weekend

yellowgt02

Established Member
You might wanna think about installing a transmission while your at it. I think those help just a little bit!

Build looks great man!

faststang14

Established Member
You might wanna think about installing a transmission while your at it. I think those help just a little bit!

Build looks great man!

nah man im trying to keep her light weight i just have to open the shifter hole bigger for some flintstones action :burnout:

Is your stock fan going to fit then? Since you have the smaller turbo.

maybe but i wamma keep a clean look plus i dont have any of the water tank or fan so im gonna keep it as before maybe add an smaller fan as a puller for the miami summers

faststang14

Established Member
IM SO F*** PISS RIGHT NOW. AFTER 37.2 MILES OF BREAKING MILES AND RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP. GOING DOWN THE HIGHWAY AT CRUISING SPEED ABOUT 2K RPMS THE CAR STARTS HESITATING. VIBRATIONS AND ALL SORTS OF STUFF. ANY WAYS SHORT STORY I DO COMPRESSION TEST AND ALL CYLINDERS IN BANK 1 ARE 100 ON THE COMPRESSION SIDE I WAS GETTING MY HOPES OF MAYBE A BUSTED COIL OR SPARK PLUG AND STARTED ON BANK 2..... 0 COMPRESSION THRU ALL 4 CYLINDERS I WAS SO AMAZED THE CAR STILL RUNNED !!!!! ON BANK 1 CYLINDERS ONLY !!!! SO I STARTED GETTING THE VALVE COVERS OFF THAT SIDE AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND.....

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

THE IDIOTS WHO DID MY HEAD DIDNT PREP OILED THE CAM FOLLOWERS AND CAPS LOCKING IN THE CAM AND SNAPPING THE TIMING CHAIN FROM THE EXHAUST CAM TO THE INTAKE CAM BENDING 2 INTAKE VALVES. LUCKILY WHEN I GET SO f****G PISSED ABOUT THIS LIKE THIS THERE ARE ONLY 2 THINGS THAT CALM ME DOWN

1 - BURNED THE CAR DOWN TO THE GROUND.
2 - WORK EVEN HARDER TO GET THE SHIT DONE.

SINCE # 1 WASNT AN OPTION SINCE THE CAR IS NOT INSURED. I STARTED THE TARE DOWN IN ONLY 1:49 HOURS THE HEAD WAS OUT.

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

SO FOR THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO GIVE. I NEED A STOCK DRIVERS SIDE INTAKE CAM. IM PLACING AN OFFER ON A HOUSE RIGHT NOW I A LOT OF BUCKS $ ARE GUIDED IN THAT DIRECTIONS SO I HAVE NO FUNDS FOR THE BUILD SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT U HAVE AND BE SENSIBLE WITH PRICES.

TRBO VNM

that really sucks to hear. sorry about that. I guess the saying remains true, you gotta pay to play.

why did you use head bolts and not studs? granted, you couldn't pull the head off with the motor in the car, but with building a motor, I am not sure why someone wouldn't do head studs.

faststang14

Established Member
it has head studs ARP look in the first pictures. all kids of SHITTY SHIT happends to me but it wouldnt surprise me since the machine shop so was so resound and famous messed up everything for me. but well more fun for the good ol wrench

TRBO VNM

lol, sorry. just skimmed over that pic. saw no cam and moved on.

what shop did you use for the head work?

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I have a complete set of 03 Cams and also have a complete set of 01 Cobra cams. I can sell you the either cams for a $125 shipped if you want them. They are in great condition.

Users who are viewing this thread