After the unevitable. Engine built and new turbo !!

Dimitri318

Established Member
Thanks guys. I gotta have my car retuned anyways and i was thinkin of taking to Tim at MV Performance heard he was one of the best tuners around here in the south.

faststang14

Established Member
:shrug:man i would have sold you your turbo back! remember i just wanted the hot side anyhow....should have asked me.......

I FIGURE IF I BUY UR TURBO I HAVE TO ALSO BUY UR HOTSIDE SINCE THEY ARE FLANGED FOR EACH OTHER I FIGURE U WOULDNT SELL THE HOT SIDE BUT IF U DECIDE TO SELL SHOOT ME A HALLER I HAVE BUYERS

:beer:

vr4

Established Member
If your car is tuned properly, then you shouldn't have a problem on pumpgas even at 17psi. I made 700 on 19psi on pump, but Tim at MPH recommended to run some torco with it to be safe. My A/F is very conservative as is timing.

this.

the mileage of that engine has nothing to do with it. it was all tune and/or lack of fuel.

i know a couple guys making that kind of power out of a V6 with over 100k on stock internals (cast pistons. 6g72) without a problem.

sorry that it happened but you live and learn. good luck on the next build.

faststang14

Established Member
some updates:

rings gapped and installed.

IMAG0092.gif

IMAG0093.gif

short block installed together.

IMAG0094.gif

IMAG0095.gif

IMAG0096.gif

hopefully tomorrow heads are going.

faststang14

Established Member
ALMOST DONE !!! the timing is not set i just wanted to see how it looked on the coated covers. timing next and accessories.

IMAG0101.gif

IMAG0102.gif

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

DSC07402.gif

DSC07404.jpg

DSC07405.jpg

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

looks good, but am I missing something?? in the other thread you said you haven't done the motor yet. but here it looks like you have it assembled?

ive got a manual:rockon: lol i just wanna make sure i do my research before i start tackling the motor. im just getting loose ends straight

faststang14

Established Member
looks good, but am I missing something?? in the other thread you said you haven't done the motor yet. but here it looks like you have it assembled?

what other thread? the piston ring one? when i wrote that i hadnt start in the engine. these pics are from today

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
I think that is ebay hot side, that's one cool design . Only problem I see it wastegate is on passenger side hot pipe and not on both using y design. Is that ebay hot pipe work well ?

faststang14

Established Member
engine is timed and covers are on. turbo and manifolds are just marked up. i like to get previews on what awaits me next work day :D

IMAG0108.gif

IMAG0109.gif

IMAG0105.gif

a lil some some im very proud off :D

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
Lol Ive seen like 3 people ask if thats a ebay hotside and he still hasnt answered it.

Nice build by the way

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
wow that motor looks amazing. i Loveee the 99/01 upper&lower black. that thing is going to look sharp in that car! what size turbo? t76? I finally got mine running lol starts spooling @ 1500 ;)

Last edited:

faststang14

Established Member
wow that motor looks amazing. i Loveee the 99/01 upper&lower black. that thing is going to looks sharp in that car! what size turbo? t76? I finally got mine running lol starts spooling @ 1500 ;)

dammmmun thats not bad for ur size turbo man. i guess does dual bearings does do wonders. i went for an MC 78 see how it does

Users who are viewing this thread