After the unevitable. Engine built and new turbo !!

faststang14

Established Member
AFTER TURNING THE CAR OVER AND A WHILE OF FUN THE UNEVITABLE HAPPEND:

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

CYL # 6 AND 7 MELTED. DUE TO TUNNING ( WILLIE FIGUEROA ) EXESSIVE MILES (67K ON THE ODO) EXESSIVE POWER (757HP) OR WHAT EVER REASON IT WAS IT HAPPEND. SO I STARTED WORKING..

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

I HAD OTHER IDEAS FOR THE CAR SO I SOLD THE GT4202 TURBO WHICH I REGRET NOW SINCE I DECIDED TO STAY TURBO BUT I GOT A NICE DEAL ON A MC78 FROM TURBONETICS THAT SHOULD DO THE WORK.

HERE THE MAJORITY OF PARTS I HAVE SO FAR MORE PICS COMING SOON.

T4 CUSTOM SINGLE TURBO HOT SIDE

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

COATED VALVE COVERS OVER THE MACHINE HEADS (5 ANGLE VALVE JOB, NEW BRONZE VALVE GUIDES)

IMAG0074.gif

.20 MICHEL BLOCK BORE AND SOON TO BE HOONED

IMAG0082.jpg

MANLEY STOCK H BEAN RODS AND MANELY PLATINUM COATED, ESFERIC DISHED FORGED PISTONS WITH MODMAX RING SET, STOCK CRANCK BALANCED AND POLISHED

IMAG0077.gif

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0076.gif

ACCOMPANIED BY THE MC78 TURBONETICS

IMAG0079.jpg

FEL-PRO PT-2 HEAD GASKETS, ARP HARDWAREM CLEVITE BEARINGS, FORD RACING HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP AND TUBE

IMAG0088.gif

IMAG0086.gif

Digital

Established Member
Why is it always like 3 months after someone goes big power they make a thread with a bunch of parts for their exploded engine?
This shit is starting to worry me.

faststang14

Established Member
lol u shit is not ready yet? i thought u would have blown ur car already lol j/k what r u missing?

750HP+ to an stock 67K miles long block. its a time bomb and i was aware of this

Digital

Established Member
lol u shit is not ready yet? i thought u would have blown ur car already lol j/k what r u missing?

750HP+ to an stock 67K miles long block. its a time bomb and i was aware of this

Heh no its not ready yet.. I just put a semi-custom return system using the fore hat and triple walboro return pumps in it this week because for what ever god aweful reason it would eat shit and die at 3k rpm on the tip in on the dyno.
They fired it up about 5 min ago and it works but shop is closing till monday =(

I like your new turbo, its perdy. You'll have to share your secrets on how you blew your engine up so I can avoid it seeing as I have 17k less miles on my ride.

TRBO VNM

were you running that power all the time? what was your timing and a/f? sorry about your trouble.

what I have done is keep low boost. 10-15# driving around and only turn it up at the track. I ran for over 14k miles without issue. I ran about 750-800 at the track.

faststang14

Established Member
were you running that power all the time? what was your timing and a/f? sorry about your trouble.

what I have done is keep low boost. 10-15# driving around and only turn it up at the track. I ran for over 14k miles without issue. I ran about 750-800 at the track.

i was running 16 psi at low boost. and 20.5 high boost i dont know which one more frequent. im thinking my stock fuel rails and/or tune for that matter. what ever reason it was im correcting everything so it wont happend again.

Dimitri318

Established Member
Were u making that power on pump gas or race gas? Im making 690 to the wheels on 110 octane with 64K on the odometer and im worried about blowing mine up too...this worries me. Oh and i only turn it up when im racing tho like Sunday when i got outran by an 02 vette built motor H/C/I 250 shot and im worried about turning up the boost higher.

faststang14

Established Member
i made 640s on pump gas @ 16.5 psi and 754 @ 20.6 i know i was pushing it. if u are on the 600s on race gas i dont see a problem. just check ur tune for timing and a/r

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
If your car is tuned properly, then you shouldn't have a problem on pumpgas even at 17psi. I made 700 on 19psi on pump, but Tim at MPH recommended to run some torco with it to be safe. My A/F is very conservative as is timing.

Users who are viewing this thread