AED tune

pohnjarker

Established Member
Sell ur jlt cai for some extra cash and borrow a friends laptop to do some logs and switch over. :burnout:

i agree with this 100%. datalogging should only take an hour, your friend could even help with the logging.

I ran the same times with my JLT CF CAI/Tune and with stock box/tune at the track.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Had several tunes on my '11 including a AED. The feel of his tune is much different than others as it is much smoother. Eric from Brookspeed's tune is the same way. But that is the thing its the feel of the tunes. Ran my '11 at the track trying different tunes and none really were that far apart in trap speed. Did not matter what tune i used AED, Lund, VMP, Amazon the times all very close yet the drivability is were AED and Brookspeed shine.

4VFTW

Established Member
Had several tunes on my '11 including a AED. The feel of his tune is much different than others as it is much smoother. Eric from Brookspeed's tune is the same way. But that is the thing its the feel of the tunes. Ran my '11 at the track trying different tunes and none really were that far apart in trap speed. Did not matter what tune i used AED, Lund, VMP, Amazon the times all very close yet the drivability is were AED and Brookspeed shine.
this seems to be the general consensus...that the car wont necessarily run better at the track, but that driveability is where his tune shines. I'm happy with the driveability of my current tune and my tuner has given me nothing but excellent support. I also am not a fan of using a friends laptop because I know at some point I will need to do a datalog and either he wont be available or it will be inconvenient and I hate begging people to do stuff for me.

The only thing I would really like to see improved in my tune is sport shift function. I like manual control at times and right now I dont have that ability and it irks me.

I appreciate everyones input , thx :beer:

cbrtrx

Established Member
+1 :banana::beer: shaun said one of the best things is having a billet grille or saleen so the airflow can better get to. he stock cold air intake housing. He also said an aftermarket cai really isn't gonna matter unless over 100mph anyway but I guess every little bit does help. I know for sure the Airaid give you 11 rwhp and 11 rwtq based off the article SVTP did a while back so I may get one of those.

Dyoning an aftermarket air intake with the hood open is useless to real world results in my opinion. My airaid gave me 4 hp over stock with the hood closed with two large fans on the front of the car which is more like how the car would drive down the road. With the hood open on the dyno the numbers went up 5 hp more but that was simply cause the filter was using more of its open surface area which will never happen when the hood is closed. Iat's ect's and timing were all recorded and stabilized so all the results would be accurate as well.

cuslo1

Established Member
^ This , all these people dropping $250 on a tune when they already have a tune and nobody has gone to the track to see the performance gain?
I had BAMA and then converted over to AED I haven't tested both of the tunes at the track. But I have ran my buddies 5.0 with both tunes. Both cars are autos and I can say the AED tune outperformed the BAMA tune by at least 3-4 cars consistently. But for those who want back to back track times of both tunes I am going Sat. I have ran a best of 12.43 at 113 on street tires spinning on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift with the AED tune.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

I agree with this pretty much...BUT...
My AED tune trapped 3mph consistently over lund,bama

Every tune seems to have its own personality per say, overall I really like AED's Civil lady/Psycho Whore thing all related to exactly how much throttle you give it

4VFTW

Established Member
I had BAMA and then converted over to AED I haven't tested both of the tunes at the track. But I have ran my buddies 5.0 with both tunes. Both cars are autos and I can say the AED tune outperformed the BAMA tune by at least 3-4 cars consistently. But for those who want back to back track times of both tunes I am going Sat. I have ran a best of 12.43 at 113 on street tires spinning on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift with the AED tune.
I had a BAMA tune originally and while it felt like it pulled hard in gear the trans shifted no better than stock and that alone will cost you alot in a race. my current tune feels like im getting rear ended on the third gear shift.

cuslo1

Established Member
I had a BAMA tune originally and while it felt like it pulled hard in gear the trans shifted no better than stock and that alone will cost you alot in a race. my current tune feels like im getting rear ended on the third gear shift.
I agree with you on the shifting characteristics of the bama tune, but the tune I have now wants to break the tires lose on the 2-3 shift at 85-90 mph, can't wait to see what the beast does on drag radials.

Last edited:

faztcobra

Established Member
Minor revisions no.
To a certain extent. I picked up a JLT intake on the cheap and pinged Shawn about getting an updated tune. I also mentioned if I could eventually find a Airaid on a deal, I'd switch out to see the difference between the two. At that point, he informed me the first CAI was free, any additional changes for another CAI intake would be $50. Not an outrageous fee, but something to take note of.

Fun4me

Established Member
To a certain extent. I picked up a JLT intake on the cheap and pinged Shawn about getting an updated tune. I also mentioned if I could eventually find a Airaid on a deal, I'd switch out to see the difference between the two. At that point, he informed me the first CAI was free, any additional changes for another CAI intake would be $50. Not an outrageous fee, but something to take note of.
How does your car feel w/ the e85 o/r h aed tune? Any dyno #'s?

jdcobra

Established Member

Because of the MAF calibrations. I talked to him about it last night as well

faztcobra

Established Member
How does your car feel w/ the e85 o/r h aed tune? Any dyno #'s?
It's an animal. I did a dyno day a couple months back and dropped 431hp and 409tq. It's not a fair/accurate comparison because different dynos/different weather, but prior to the E85 conversion and the GT500 axleback (which isn't worth much of anything), I laid down 399/387 on a 95 degree day. The E85 numbers were on a 75 degree day with a lot lower humidity.

scotmach

Established Member

Isn't this you having tune issues now?
WWW.S197FORUM.COM

Fun4me

Established Member
It's an animal. I did a dyno day a couple months back and dropped 431hp and 409tq. It's not a fair/accurate comparison because different dynos/different weather, but prior to the E85 conversion and the GT500 axleback (which isn't worth much of anything), I laid down 399/387 on a 95 degree day. The E85 numbers were on a 75 degree day with a lot lower humidity.
Just the o/r h and e85? I'm sold. Did you need injectors?

Last edited:

faztcobra

Established Member
Just the o/r h and e85? I'm sold. Did you need injectors?
Yeah, I switched from stockers to 47#. The only other things on my car are drop in K&N and GT500 catback...so not much in the way of power mods. I was totally shocked at the numbers. I was expecting and would have been very happy with 415hp. When that number popped up, I was beside myself. I don't race at the track, so no slips for proof of power, but I get into it with friends at I went from being even with one buddy to 2 cars ahead and pulling on him after the swap...and he's been 11.7 at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread