AED tune

Funny5.0

Established Member
I figured why not get the SCT tuner through American Muscle since it came with the free Bama tunes for life with AED in mind for the future...

Does anyone know if I can use the same tuner with AED or do I have to buy another SCT through them?

If the AED tune is that much better than Bama race that is amazing. Compared to stock the Bama race tune and Hybrid race has been worlds better to me.
The pinging Ford racing tune was lol and garbage.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
I figured why not get the SCT tuner through American Muscle since it came with the free Bama tunes for life with AED in mind for the future...

Does anyone know if I can use the same tuner with AED or do I have to buy another SCT through them?

If the AED tune is that much better than Bama race that is amazing. Compared to stock the Bama race tune and Hybrid race has been worlds better to me.
The pinging Ford racing tune was lol and garbage.

You're able to use the same tuner. Shaun will ask for the same info bama requested only Shaun will make you data log to ensure your car is running at 100% before he touches it. Contact him through cell or via email and he will get back to you pretty quickly

Funny5.0

Established Member
You're able to use the same tuner. Shaun will ask for the same info bama requested only Shaun will make you data log to ensure your car is running at 100% before he touches it. Contact him through cell or via email and he will get back to you pretty quickly

Sounds good thanks for the info!

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Is there really nobody that has back to back to back 1/4 mile runs, comparing stock to Bama/similar to AED.

I've seen enough Bama dyno graphs showing whack midrange dip where i'd not be having them touch my car.

numbnutz

Established Member
Picking up my 13' GT today and I know who I'm going with for a tune. :rockon:

Contacted Shaun and looking forward to one of his tunes.

4VFTW

Established Member
Is there really nobody that has back to back to back 1/4 mile runs, comparing stock to Bama/similar to AED.
^ This , all these people dropping $250 on a tune when they already have a tune and nobody has gone to the track to see the performance gain?

jdcobra

Established Member
^ This , all these people dropping $250 on a tune when they already have a tune and nobody has gone to the track to see the performance gain?

Well if you want the best you have to pay for it and all these people including myself couldn't be wrong. For the customer service, quick turn around time, and performance your money is well spent. Lol people don't have to waste to their time comparing because once they load Shaun's tune they already know. This is coming from the guy who's had a few tunes btw

burke985

Established Member
Difference betwewn my Steeda tune and my current AED tune was drive ability and power under the curve . Not necessarily peak numbers, shauns tunes seem super smooth with the power delivery , my steeda tune kinda surged in the midrange.

4VFTW

Established Member
Well if you want the best you have to pay for it and all these people including myself couldn't be wrong. For the customer service, quick turn around time, and performance your money is well spent. Lol people don't have to waste to their time comparing because once they load Shaun's tune they already know. This is coming from the guy who's had a few tunes btw
yeah, yeah, yeah... great customer service and a fast turn around are nice but you can get that from alot of tuners. what we are really after is performance and its just hard to believe that on a forum full of people who test their car at the track after they change oil viscosity ...not a one can post some real world track #s to back up the "omg it picked up a ton over X tune." statements.

jdcobra

Established Member
Lol stop being cheap and try it out for yourself. You want other people to take time and money out their day to go to the track and sit there so why don't you buy the tune and post up real world numbers and be the guy to either prove or disprove it?

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member

Well, for me, it's not about all out performance so much as it is drivability. My Bama tune makes my car feel like it's going fall flat on it's face anywhere from 2k-5k RPMs - it's a real pain in the ass to drive like a sane human being, especially in rush hour traffic.

I just bought my AED tune from Shaun this past weekend after doing several datalogs. His customer service is impeccable and I can't wait to try out the tune after I get my O/R x installed. In the grand scheme of things, $250 isn't that much money for a quality tune and when you look at it from the perspective that my Bama tune was essentially free with the purchase of the XF3 that I would have needed anyway for the AED tune, it's an even better deal.

yeah, yeah, yeah... great customer service and a fast turn around are nice but you can get that from alot of tuners. what we are really after is performance and its just hard to believe that on a forum full of people who test their car at the track after they change oil viscosity ...not a one can post some real world track #s to back up the "omg it picked up a ton over X tune." statements.

No one is forcing you to buy his tune either. If you look around, you'll see a lot of people that have bought tunes from multiple vendors, including myself, and they're still singing his praises. That should tell you something.

4VFTW

Established Member
Lol stop being cheap and try it out for yourself. You want other people to take time and money out their day to go to the track and sit there so why don't you buy the tune and post up real world numbers and be the guy to either prove or disprove it?

No one is forcing you to buy his tune either. If you look around, you'll see a lot of people that have bought tunes from multiple vendors, including myself, and they're still singing his praises. That should tell you something.

Cheap? No , but I don't own a laptop so I would have to pick up a cheap one off eBay and then buy the tune so were talking $400. I prefer more than butt dyno's and good customer service for that kinda dough. I'm willing to spend the money , I just need to see some #'s before doing so and I assume others are in the same boat. I spend a kings ransom on my family ...it boggles the mind what it costs to raise 2 young kids , so I'm not cheap , but I am frugal...:beer:

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Cheap? No , but I don't own a laptop so I would have to pick up a cheap one off eBay and then buy the tune so were talking $400. I prefer more than butt dyno's and good customer service for that kinda dough. I'm willing to spend the money , I just need to see some #'s before doing so and I assume others are in the same boat. I spend a kings ransom on my family ...it boggles the mind what it costs to raise 2 young kids , so I'm not cheap , but I am frugal...:beer:

Sell ur jlt cai for some extra cash and borrow a friends laptop to do some logs and switch over. :burnout:

jdcobra

Established Member
Sell ur jlt cai for some extra cash and borrow a friends laptop to do some logs and switch over. :burnout:

+1 :banana::beer: shaun said one of the best things is having a billet grille or saleen so the airflow can better get to the stock cold air intake housing. He also said an aftermarket cai really isn't gonna matter unless over 100mph anyway but I guess every little bit does help. I know for sure the Airaid give you 11 rwhp and 11 rwtq based off the article SVTP did a while back so I may get one of those.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Do more research an you'll find your answer there have been lots of test of comparing tuners on thos site an many others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread