AED tune before/after track times

Mikegee1028

Established Member
It's funny how these 2 make there way into every single AED thread. Not just some or here and there, but every single one on several forums.
It's really pathitic looking at this point.:nonono:

If they are such good drivers, car builders and tuners maybe they should show us how it's done and start a business.

It's so easy a caveman can do it, right?

Put up some capital and show us all how it's done. Put us all out of business with your awesome skills.
Don't just tune 1 car to a fast time, tune hundreds, come on, it's easy.

I guess it's hard to have a big ego and read how happy so many people are with someone elses tune or parts.:rollseyes

What a joke.

Want to be impressed?
JPC ran 10.86 @ 123.89 MPH with a stock 5.0 and a JLT CAI last week in Ohio. Now that's some MPH!
200432_469663663064217_1066621442_n.jpg

Who tuned it pretty sure JLT's require a tune.

SirJAG

Established Member
It's funny how these 2 make there way into every single AED thread. Not just some or here and there, but every single one on several forums.
It's really pathitic looking at this point.:nonono:

Would it be possible to BAN them both off this site? like have a public poll or something? maybe we should just make a poll for shits and giggles to see how many, if any, support these two jokers?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Wrong again Mike......that pass and video were made before the Boss was even available to buy.

That pass was from August 2010. Obviously I couldn't have possibly purchased a 2012 Boss engine at that point.

My car never had a Boss engine or even the manifold until October 2011. I had an 8" converter built and installed it with the engine thinking the Boss would want a looser converter than the 5C I installed back in September 2010. I was wrong, my car would never 60' like it did previously, or like wbt's does.

Ok, conceded. Still, all you two do is seize upon any tidbit of incorrect information you can find and ignore the remainder of the post. You did not address the fact that I do have an AED tuned car and that I have turned some good times and good mph with my tune.

Here is another set of facts. Shaun is quicker than WBT ever was with an M6 car, with less mods. Shaun is quicker than WBT's auto car, again with less mods. As I am sure wbt knows, getting an M6 car down the track is much more involved than getting an A6 car down the track. That makes Shaun's achievement that much better. Rowing gears, and he is quicker than wbt, who has a tuned transmission doing all of the shifting for him. I am sure that stings. I am sure you two think he is being dishonest so that he can inflate his numbers. You continuously harp on him, because you have failed to match his times and you are envious.

In the end that is all this adds up to.

Lol at just a jlt when yoi can see it with dumps underneath

Well, I don't think he said it was "all" the car had.

Mike

Last edited:

Tucker

The class is Coyote stock and there are tons of rules, but it's a basic sealed 5.0 from top to bottom.
They just opened the class to allow cold air intakes and were proud Justin uses ours ;)

He ran 2 tenths faster than the guy he ran to win the finals.

davidhuff

Established Member
The class is Coyote stock and there are tons of rules, but it's a basic sealed 5.0 from top to bottom.
They just opened the class to allow cold air intakes and were proud Justin uses ours ;)

He ran 2 tenths faster than the guy he ran to win the finals.

Please do not compare the JPC mustang with just your cold air kit to these street driven 5.0 mustangs.These are race cars:
3200# Base Weight
No Air Condition
After Market K-Members
No Power Steering
C-4 Auto Trans or after market manuel trans.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I personally like WBT and Kdanner here, keeps these threads interesting and informative. 2 pages of "sip the koolaid" "i know whos tuning my car...when i get it" gets old. Shauns a great guy and works hard at what he does and im pleased with the results my car produced. I bielive WBT & Danners testing is thorough and shows some real world experiences for guys that are similar to myself whom don't own shop or tend to buy into hype. MF has great information, some of you guys should visit sometime.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

I personally like WBT and Kdanner here, keeps these threads interesting and informative. 2 pages of "sip the koolaid" "i know whos tuning my car...when i get it" gets old. Shauns a great guy and works hard at what he does and im pleased with the results my car produced. I bielive WBT & Danners testing is thorough and shows some real world experiences for guys that are similar to myself whom don't own shop or tend to buy into hype. MF has great information, some of you guys should visit sometime.

Agreed. No need to Ban IMO.
These guys are passionate about their cars/setups/hobby and know how hard it is to get a Coyote into the 10's on motor. Skepticism about another's faster car is normal. Especially when it's done with a completely different setup.

wbt

Banned
Ok, conceded. Still, all you two do is seize upon any tidbit of incorrect information you can find and ignore the remainder of the post. You did not address the fact that I do have an AED tuned car and that I have turned some good times and good mph with my tune.

Here is another set of facts. Shaun is quicker than WBT ever was with an M6 car, with less mods. Shaun is quicker than WBT's auto car, again with less mods. As I am sure wbt knows, getting an M6 car down the track is much more involved than getting an A6 car down the track. That makes Shaun's achievement that much better. Rowing gears, and he is quicker than wbt, who has a tuned transmission doing all of the shifting for him. I am sure that stings. I am sure you two think he is being dishonest so that he can inflate his numbers. You continuously harp on him, because you have failed to match his times and you are envious.

In the end that is all this adds up to.

Mike

Your car runs OK Mike. Your tuner's times have yet to be replicated by his customers. kdanner on the other hand has tuned 2 cars that are within a tenth of each other.

Regarding who has the least or most mods...lets compare:

--AED--
Engine:
Ported stock GT intake
L&M 82MM TB
Miezere Electric Water pump
ID725 injectors
AFE Drop-in air filter
E85

Exhaust:
Stock Headers
Lethal Off Road H
JPC over the axle pipes
GT500 Axle back

Suspension/Chassis/misc Drive train:
3.55's
Rear End Girdle
Tockico D's
Steeda UltraLite springs
Steeda Radiator support
Steeda X11 ball joints
Steeda Bump Steer kit
Steeda Panhard and brace (Chromoly)
Dynotech Aluminum drive shaft
MGW shifter
BMR lower relocation brackets (top hole)
Roush Upper control arm
Steeda Sway bar relocation brackets
Weld RTS's 17/15x10"
M&H 26" bias ply front skinnies
Goodyear 28x10.5 Outlaw slicks
Girodisc 2-piece lightweight rotors, Magic pads, SS brake lines

--wbt--
Mods:
Pypes full exhaust
Circle D 5C converter
3.31 rear gear
Boss manifold
Airaid CAI
UCA, mount , LCA's and relo mounts along with sway bar relo. Stock shocks and springs.
Alum. D/S
Corbeau driver seat
Tune
Tires/Wheels - Hoosier drag radials
Lower radiator support
D/S loop
Rear seat delete
Strange front brakes

Yet again corrected for wrong info.

On my manual trans car, you keep wanting to bring this into the mix here after I got rid of that car 9 months ago as you think it has some relevance. We never made a clean pass with it after fixing the traction issues and moving to a 3.90 gear. It ran quicker/faster than your car did on much worse air with serious traction issues. There is no way to know how it would have run with it dialed in properly. I moved on from that and into an auto for the simple fact that they are the superior transmission to use for drag racing and kdanner made a believe out of me watching his car run so well with very minimal mods. I was a hardcore manual trans only person until I saw what he was able to achieve.

Keep on believing an auto is just going out and mashing the gas. Just like any car it requires a lot of work to get it dialed in to make consistent passes.

This really isn't about being envious. Shaun was congratulated for running his 10sec. pass and having proof of such. No discredit to him for getting there.

The issue we have had is the level of integrity of the information he posts. I would like to see him get past this and hopefully he is doing so. On the other side, the ballwashers will blindly follow and as such, will staunchly rebut anyone who doesn't agree with or feel the same way they do. Nothing is going to change that.

What I did do incorrectly in this thread was post how the OP's times were not that great. For that I apologize. It was the wrong thread to bring it up in.

This Fall/Winter will prove to be interesting as the 10 second barrier will be blown away by several. Who dips the furthest into is yet to be seen.

Tucker

Please do not compare the JPC mustang with just your cold air kit to these street driven 5.0 mustangs.These are race cars:
3200# Base Weight
No Air Condition
After Market K-Members
No Power Steering
C-4 Auto Trans or after market manuel trans.
Not comparing or saying it was only with an intake, but for a "stock" motor, to run 10's is very impressive.

@ #3200 they are only a couple 100 off from some of the cars here, but they don't have Boss or ported manifolds, elec water pumps, throttle bodies, Boss heads, cams or the biggest one-massive custom tuning

Apples to oranges? To a degree, but still impressive. That's all I'm saying.

wbt

Banned
Agreed. No need to Ban IMO.
These guys are passionate about their cars/setups/hobby and know how hard it is to get a Coyote into the 10's on motor. Skepticism about another's faster car is normal. Especially when it's done with a completely different setup.

Being passionate is a great thing. I can only speak for myself here and I have been overly critical. I rarely take anything at face value and tend to not filter anything in response which isn't always positive. We may not see eye-to-eye on everything but you have made some great achievements and should be credited for them.

That said...there are going to be great things come this Fall/Winter and I am personally very excited about it and hopefully everyone will be able to enjoy what is on the horizon.

faztcobra

Established Member
I agree. I enjoy their testing. I've seen it - I'm on the other site too. But showing up in every single AED thread is a bit overkill.

JerryC

Established Member
Not comparing or saying it was only with an intake, but for a "stock" motor, to run 10's is very impressive.

@ #3200 they are only a couple 100 off from some of the cars here, but they don't have Boss or ported manifolds, elec water pumps, throttle bodies, Boss heads, cams or the biggest one-massive custom tuning

Apples to oranges? To a degree, but still impressive. That's all I'm saying.

Has the motor been apart and reassembled? There is usally a decent chunk to be had by a proper build vs assembly line.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I agree. I enjoy their testing. I've seen it - I'm on the other site too. But showing up in every single AED thread is a bit overkill.

Look above
"What I did do incorrectly in this thread was post how the OP's times were not that great. For that I apologize. It was the wrong thread to bring it up in."

Only a handful of guys pushing N/A cars into low 11 high 10 territory. There gonna flock to similar threads and there's gonna be disagreements. Everyone's got their specific power potion weather it be tuning or hardware differences. The fact that there is such different combinations obtaining this level of power and ET's is impressive. With that said its easy for me to look past bickering, but i understand your point.

BTW are you on the DFW5.0's site too?

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

Being passionate is a great thing. I can only speak for myself here and I have been overly critical. I rarely take anything at face value and tend to not filter anything in response which isn't always positive. We may not see eye-to-eye on everything but you have made some great achievements and should be credited for them.

That said...there are going to be great things come this Fall/Winter and I am personally very excited about it and hopefully everyone will be able to enjoy what is on the horizon.

This Fall/Spring racing season should be wicked! :dancenana:
Very excited myself.

wnt2gofst

Banned
I know WBT and KDanner. They are great guys. They may come across rude/strong opinionated but that is them. Just like I am always loud and some times(most time) a prick. They are not going to sugar coat things for people. Good or bad. They have been a great help to me with both my cars I have had. Be it was needing a tune for my manual car at the track cause my BBR tune didn't want to keep my car running. KDanner didn't really know me at all and tuned my car for me. Greatthing was car idled liek a dream, drove better, and ran better at the track on the same night. He also made4 me a believer in the auto as well. Specially after my tranny went out at the track. I was 2.5 hours from home. He then offered if needed to go get his trailer and truck and tow it home for me. Will not find many guys that will do some thing like that when they just met you. They both have helped me get some parts for a better price, and helped with suspension questions, tranny tuning questions etc. They are always respectful to me and my wife. Great guys in my book. Kdanner even tuned another guys car at the track. Guy dropped .5 off his time with the tune. DIdn't charge the guy a single cent. Thats just how he is. But hey thats my experiance with them.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Your car runs OK Mike. Your tuner's times have yet to be replicated by his customers. kdanner on the other hand has tuned 2 cars that are within a tenth of each other.

I don't think Shaun has a single customer who has the same attention to detail that his car exhibits, or the sheer number of passes in the car.

Yours and his are within a tenth? Both autos. And, yeah, once you get an auto dialed in it is pretty much a mash the pedal and go experience. I have drag raced auto cars before and I am putting an auto in my turbo car for that exact reason. I want to mash the pedal and hold on. With an electronically controlled trans it is even more effective since you can program shift points, line pressures, converter lockup, etc.

Regarding who has the least or most mods...lets compare:

--AED--
Engine:
Ported stock GT intake
L&M 82MM TB
Miezere Electric Water pump
ID725 injectors
AFE Drop-in air filter
E85

Exhaust:
Stock Headers
Lethal Off Road H
JPC over the axle pipes
GT500 Axle back

Suspension/Chassis/misc Drive train:
3.55's
Rear End Girdle
Tockico D's
Steeda UltraLite springs
Steeda Radiator support
Steeda X11 ball joints
Steeda Bump Steer kit
Steeda Panhard and brace (Chromoly)
Dynotech Aluminum drive shaft
MGW shifter
BMR lower relocation brackets (top hole)
Roush Upper control arm
Steeda Sway bar relocation brackets
Weld RTS's 17/15x10"
M&H 26" bias ply front skinnies
Goodyear 28x10.5 Outlaw slicks
Girodisc 2-piece lightweight rotors, Magic pads, SS brake lines

--wbt--
Mods:
Pypes full exhaust
Circle D 5C converter
3.31 rear gear
Boss manifold
Airaid CAI
UCA, mount , LCA's and relo mounts along with sway bar relo. Stock shocks and springs.
Alum. D/S
Corbeau driver seat
Tune
Tires/Wheels - Hoosier drag radials
Lower radiator support
D/S loop
Rear seat delete
Strange front brakes

Yet again corrected for wrong info.

There are mods and there are mods that actually make a car faster down the 1/4 mile. For example, Shaun has a stock intake (or did at the time of his run), you had a Boss. You have longtube headers? (not sure from the list). Also, let's see the list of mods you had to your manual car. Because that is an apple to apple comparison.

On my manual trans car, you keep wanting to bring this into the mix here after I got rid of that car 9 months ago as you think it has some relevance. We never made a clean pass with it after fixing the traction issues and moving to a 3.90 gear. It ran quicker/faster than your car did on much worse air with serious traction issues.

I was not comparing your manual car to mine, but to Shaun's. I was referencing my car because I am an actual customer of Shaun's running well. You made an accusation that most of his customers were not. I ran my 11.79 in crap air, and you know it and with a mostly stock car at that, with 3.31 gears. Let's see what the fall/winter holds for my car.

]
Keep on believing an auto is just going out and mashing the gas. Just like any car it requires a lot of work to get it dialed in to make consistent passes.

True, but once it is dialed in..it is much more of a mash the gas proposition than running a manual car. There is a reason why drag racers favor autos and it is not because they can't drive manuals.

This really isn't about being envious. Shaun was congratulated for running his 10sec. pass and having proof of such. No discredit to him for getting there.

It was a backhanded compliment with a disclaimer. Further, you have done everything you can do to discredit him on every board you participate on.

The issue we have had is the level of integrity of the information he posts. I would like to see him get past this and hopefully he is doing so.

What a pretentious and presumptuous response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread