AED tune before/after track times

White608

Go faster
Established Member
WP_000896.jpg

The left ticket the air was 1814ft The right ticket(AED) the air was 2364ft

I had a tune from a pretty well known place and I didn't think it was running or shifting right. So I got a tune from AED, car drove better on the street. Took it to the track with the only thing changed was the tune and I didn't have skinnies on the AED tune run (had street tires front, ET streets rear for both runs) The car was pretty heat soaked only have 30 min cool down from driving it there.

looks like corrected 7.40 1/8mi [email protected] .. I need some good air lol

Mnstr50

Established Member
awesome results! I can't believe the difference, even with the full-size front tires are higher DA.

wbt

Banned
Congrats on the time. What was the change that helped your '60 from first to second run? That alone attributed to a better time.

Yep. Most of the gains were in the 60'. I think there is more to the story here.....

What other mods were done to the car? Better track prep? Weight reduction? Do you have video of each run?

Best way to compare the tunes would have been on the same day.

I also see you have a converter and lower control arm mounts.

Either way...11.9 isn't impressive with those mods regardless of DA.

Last edited:

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Improved 60' helped ET, but trap was improved...Back half was approximately same On both though.

NOGI88

Established Member
Yep. Most of the gains were in the 60'. I think there is more to the story here.....

What other mods were done to the car? Better track prep? Weight reduction? Do you have video of each run?

You've gotta be the biggest ****** on this site!

5bites

Established Member

So remember kids the new formula is for every .078 in 60' you gain:
.369 off et
3.541 mph

Also remember that it can NEVER be attributed to the tune.

91Gtturbo

Established Member

I don't even have an AED tune, but I'm seriouly considering one simply because of you. When I see someone trying this hard time and time again to downplay and be overly critical of a single product, to me it proves its just that good.

White608

Go faster
Established Member
Car has installed right now

4200 Circle D
ORX
JLT Cai
3:55 gears
Zero weight reduction

There was nothing done to make the car 60ft better. It was lazy with the other tune off the line. I didn't want to load the other tune back in the car to test, it drove like shit and was slower.

The car went 12.81 stock the air was 715ft

Last edited:

Bettsie

Established Member
I don't even have an AED tune, but I'm seriouly considering one simply because of you. When I see someone trying this hard time and time again to downplay and be overly critical of a single product, to me it proves its just that good.

+1 :beer:

mikestoyz

Established Member

Yet in Shauns thread you said the air was everything? So his 11.59(corrected) isnt impressive for ET streets and an auto?

Where are your customers threads that gain 3.5 mph and drop .4 off ET in worse air from the tune ALONE?

You remind me of Rush Limbaugh

BPatterson

Established Member
Improved 60' helped ET, but trap was improved...Back half was approximately same On both though.

60' only helped his ET by about a tenth and a half total. As for mph on the back end, the car is picking up 1.5 mph more on the last half with the AED tune versus the original tune. I see a solid two tenths reduction in ET, as well as a gain of 3 mph in worse air, and with more weight. Looks like solid gains all around just from the tune.

Sent from my iPhone or iPad using Tapatalk

faztcobra

Established Member
So remember kids the new formula is for every .078 in 60' you gain:
.369 off et
3.541 mph

Also remember that it can NEVER be attributed to the tune.
I was just doing the math and then read a little further down and saw your post. Amen brotha! MOST of those gains were from the tune, not from the '60.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

LOL, here comes Mr. Sh*t sandwich to crap on your thread. :beer:

Mike

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member

Lol! Damn bro, why you so jealous? Get off Shaun's nuts, be a man and congratulate him for all the hard work he has put into these tunes. And guess what, time and time again HIS tunes perform, regardless of what you say! And I have no doubt he will continue to haul ass, and you'll continue to keep coming into his threads acting like a tit bag.

Users who are viewing this thread