AED 2012 GT on the Scales:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It just seems like you seriously have nothing but hate towards him. So it would lead me to believe you are mad about something.. If not then why do you shoot down almost everything he does?? He is a damn good tuner for these things and you really can't deny that. I see know where where he said said it's like black magic. There are plenty of tuners tuning these cars.

I mean it is what it is, and clearly your opinion on him isn't going to change, but it's sad to put him down so much when clearly as you say you're not mad about anything. Hell you don't even tune. Also for the 8500rpm thing there are tuners that have gotten around that..

Again, why would I be mad? I'm not even in the tuning business. Yes, I have a couple of cars here(with both videos and timeslips) I tuned that both have run faster than what he can show a timeslip or video of. They both did it at heavier weights and in worse air. Not my fault the professional tuner hasn't been able to outrun the cars tuned by the amateur even when he has weight and air advantages.

He acts like it's some kind of black magic tuning these things. Likes to talk about TiCVT and mysterious "clips". I say they are way easier to tune than the older cars, closed loop at WOT makes it super easy. The engine part has always been easy enough, auto trans separates the men from the boys, that is the part that takes a LOT of time if you want to get it right. I think I'm doing pretty damn well when I get a stock longblock car to trap 127, no one else has. I covered every Boss 302 at the TX mile by 15 MPH this year, and that's a lot. I've certainly had plenty of inquires from people wanting me to tune their cars due to the performance I get. I turn them all down, not interested in being in any auto related business. If they were a friend of mine and local, yeah I'd help them out, but it ends there. Anyone else gets referred to one of the many people I know personally in the business.

My own car with the Boss engine, yeah, it's not up to snuff on the quarter mile due to the converter that is in it, it won't 60'. But I bet you can't show me any Boss that runs better than a GT once they are both tuned anyhow, I have yet to see any Boss 302 show a significant performance advantage over a GT unless they are untuned. I bought the complete engine new for $6k and don't have to think about durability, so I don't regret it at all. I just wish the processor would do something like 8500 RPM, that's what these engines want and the Boss will probably stay together doing it.

kdanner

Banned
For being a 'man' in the auto tuning department I'd love to hear the excuses why your tune hits the limiter before shifting... Doesn't sound like a quick/crisp shift either. Sounds like a nice soft shift grandma would be comfortable with.

2011 Ford Mustang GT Automatic - 171.5 MPH at the March 2012 Texas Mile - YouTube

2 reasons

First I try to get all the RPM I can before the processor quits. So it's walking a pretty fine line, if you get just a little better acceleration rate, than you're going to hit the RPM limit when you didn't before. The 171 was in morning air and by far the fastest run of the weekend, so the acceleration rate was better. You'd already know that shift completion RPMs change if the acceleration rate changes beforehand, I mean you can tune automatics, right?

Second, yes, the shifts are soft. It's called running a regular street tire at 50 PSI on an unprepared surface. This isn't a a dragstrip, it doesn't get sprayed with traction compound. You'd already know that not using excessive pressure keeps the tires from breaking loose on upshifts, I mean you can tune automatics, right?

kdanner

Banned
Hell you don't even tune. Also for the 8500rpm thing there are tuners that have gotten around that..

Oh I don't, do I? Now you know what I do or don't do? You're making shit up.

And 8500 RPM. Yeah you can run an aftermarket ECU. Don't try to imply "tuners" are running a copperhead that high. You're making shit up again.

You sir are a complete and total douchenozzle.

Shaun@AED

I'm just glad Mastwolf didn't tune WBT's auto....he'd have already run 10's.
:burn:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
2 reasons

First I try to get all the RPM I can before the processor quits. So it's walking a pretty fine line, if you get just a little better acceleration rate, than you're going to hit the RPM limit when you didn't before. The 171 was in morning air and by far the fastest run of the weekend, so the acceleration rate was better. You'd already know that shift completion RPMs change if the acceleration rate changes beforehand, I mean you can tune automatics, right?

Second, yes, the shifts are soft. It's called running a regular street tire at 50 PSI on an unprepared surface. This isn't a a dragstrip, it doesn't get sprayed with traction compound. You'd already know that not using excessive pressure keeps the tires from breaking loose on upshifts, I mean you can tune automatics, right?

why are you running a street tire at 50psi? that seems way to high.

ViciousJay

Established Member

i dont wanna get involved but....

MdCmz.gif

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
2 reasons

This ^

When tuning a auto to shift close to the rev limiter using a computer to control it, you definitely have the chance of hitting it depending if the car accelerates quicker than typical or spins a little. Tuning my built auto I had in my F1 cobra was no different. Has nothing to do with tuning skill, just how the system will function. If I was to spin a little it would throw the calculation off I had set for a shift point.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh I don't, do I? Now you know what I do or don't do? You're making shit up.

And 8500 RPM. Yeah you can run an aftermarket ECU. Don't try to imply "tuners" are running a copperhead that high. You're making shit up again.

You sir are a complete and total douchenozzle.

You even your not a tuner for people just for friends and stuff?? Your words not mine.. Sorry I think it was 7900-8k range.. Far cry from 8500

Way to namecall outta S.D too.. You seem very childish to me.. :bored:

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
More nutswinging...if you were in Texas I would love to see you call me a douche in person....As it stands, you have no clue what you are talking about. Keep ****ing that chicken.

I love it when people say shit like this, knowing there is no point to it. So what you're saying is that when any random calls you a douche in public you go beast mode on everyone and put them in their place? HA Im sure you wear tapout shirts and beat so many asses too. Please try to impress us some more with your interweb muscle physique and bad assness and more empty threats.

D.T.R

Established Member
I love it when people say shit like this, knowing there is no point to it. So what you're saying is that when any random calls you a douche in public you go beast mode on everyone and put them in their place? HA Im sure you wear tapout shirts and beat so many asses too. Please try to impress us some more with your interweb muscle physique and bad assness and more empty threats.

Not trying to get in the middle of this, or pick sides.. but the TAPOUT shirt part cracked me the fk up :lol1:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member

Lol omfg this is funny. Wish I was in Texas. I wouldn't fight the dude (unless he swung on me and I would have a blast rather I won or nut) but I would seriously say this stuff to his face. Hell we might make friends.... Still a tool.

Guys my dick is 13" long lol

kdanner

Banned

So you think. I don't know anything about that guy, seems OK on forums, doesn't make shit up, unlike others(cough cough). Not real impressed with Brad's blown car though, and I have driven it. Some of that is crap like lowering springs though.

You know the Texas Mile is not a closed event. Anyone can enter. If you're so good, you could always come show us how it is done. It's a real good indication of power, takes a good bit of the chassis and traction out of the picture with these lower powered cars. Oh and weight doesn't matter much either, so since your car is heavier than all the rest that won't be a real handicap for you there. Full tank of fuel doesn't hurt a thing! With the huge dyno numbers indicated on your sheets, I'm just SURE those will translate directly into big speeds for you.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
i'm 6'5" 300lbs and could multi bench KDANNER a few years back...lol.

Im around 75lbs lighter than you and multi bench you, but only 3 times. Wait? what are we trying to prove here? Oh yea I forgot, just to show how these two crying girls derail every thread they dont like and the majority of this sub forum is getting tired of them.

Users who are viewing this thread