AED 2012 GT on the Scales:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I bet your right because van was stating this on the gt500 an we all know there heavy pigs LOL. BTW have you decided what track you'll be running this year yet?

Well it was going to be New Orleans in NOV, but now I'm coming home in November for 3wks lol.. So now I'm not 100% sure.. They do have a event in Sept I think and that one will really depend on how hot it is outside.. I should be ok though I would think.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well it was going to be New Orleans in NOV, but now I'm coming home in November for 3wks lol.. So now I'm not 100% sure.. They do have a event in Sept I think and that one will really depend on how hot it is outside.. I should be ok though I would think.

Come back with car for thunderhill

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hahaha oh god I wish. BUT I might be shipping my car home early depending on where I'm getting stationed next..

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I see the old fights are still going on. LOL.

11.79 best ET with my AED tuned car, with 3.31 gears on a 26 inch slick...in terrible DA.

Have also gone 119.42 in slightly better DA. Shaun's tunes are real, and he most certainly did run the 10.96. He told me in private right after he ran it, why the hell would he lie to me? Absurd.

Mike

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I see the old fights are still going on. LOL.

11.79 best ET with my AED tuned car, with 3.31 gears on a 26 inch slick...in terrible DA.

Have also gone 119.42 in slightly better DA. Shaun's tunes are real, and he most certainly did run the 10.96. He told me in private right after he ran it, why the hell would he lie to me? Absurd.

Mike

:shrug: Haters gonna hate.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
:shrug: Haters gonna hate.

I guess. I am going to do front struts and an aluminum DS. I will be back out in the fall and I will certainly run sub 11.5 slips...I am looking for a low 11 with this car, and 3.31s. I may have to gear up though...we will see.

However, I am picking up a New Edge GT this weekend that will be my main racing focus from here on out. The 2012 will go to the track still, but much less. I already have over 50 passes on it.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I guess. I am going to do front struts and an aluminum DS. I will be back out in the fall and I will certainly run sub 11.5 slips...I am looking for a low 11 with this car, and 3.31s. I may have to gear up though...we will see.

However, I am picking up a New Edge GT this weekend that will be my main racing focus from here on out. The 2012 will go to the track still, but much less. I already have over 50 passes on it.

Mike

hey buddy lol where have you been??? whats the plans for the new edge?

65sohc

Established Member
My own car with the Boss engine, yeah, it's not up to snuff on the quarter mile due to the converter that is in it, it won't 60'. But I bet you can't show me any Boss that runs better than a GT once they are both tuned anyhow, I have yet to see any Boss 302 show a significant performance advantage over a GT unless they are untuned. I bought the complete engine new for $6k and don't have to think about durability, so I don't regret it at all. I just wish the processor would do something like 8500 RPM, that's what these engines want and the Boss will probably stay together doing it.
So you are saying that increasing airflow via ported heads, larger valves, and stronger cams is of no benefit.

ed209

Established Member
can someone please explain to me why the things someone is doing in CA has any bearing or effect in the slightest degree on a person living in TX?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm simply saying that I have yet to see any performance difference once they are tuned. Can you point to a Boss somewhere that is running any kind of outstanding times compared to a GT? I haven't seen one.

theres a good perforamce increase on a full boss engine compared to a GT engine, but on the 1/4 there arent too many boss running an if weight an suspension were equal the boss engine would win everytime.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
I read this thread and it made me want to weigh my vehicle to see how accurate most of this info is. My base model auto with just over 1/4 tank bone stock with out brembos was 3520lbs without me in it. I am 6'4" and 218lbs so I figure a race weight of 3738lbs ( i race with 1/4 tank). If I did 260 lbs of weight reduction i would be at 3478 race weight. But lets say I did no weight reduction and was just a small guy at say 130lbs, ... I would be at 3608 race weight. Now say I had 260lbs of weight reduction and I was only 130lbs....., i would be at 3348 lbs race weight. So it seems plausible that kdanner is on track with what the car proabaly weighs if Shauns post about weight reduction was indeed done. The manual should weigh less than my auto, and I don't have brembos! I have no dog in this race, but I can see where questions are raised. And one thing i will always agree with is...no slip or video...it didn't happen. You let somebody randomly post this feat and have neither and you guys would decimate them LOL!

faztcobra

Established Member
And one thing i will always agree with is...no slip or video...it didn't happen.
I think we all understand that here. And Shaun has had videos or timeslips EVERY step of the way, even proof of his 11.01. He's being haggled over .05 seconds. Why someone who runs consistently as he does is getting firebombed over .05 is just ridiculous. Heck, he didn't even start a thread about his 10.96 run...but someone on his local forums did - congratulating him. Apparently there were witnesses. Anyway, this horse is dead. I'm sure Shaun and WBT will both have videos and/or timeslips of their 10 second runs soon enough. And I for one can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread