Added 310 Pulley

46stang

Established Member
congrats on the new numbers:) we all new it wouldn't be long before you got a pulley:p Does yor boost drop at all? also at what rpm does it make peak hp? is your #'s sae or std?
Leon

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Boost holds steady,Numbers are STD..The peak numbers i'll try and post tomorrow..Dyno sheet is in my car.
Hopefully i can get it scanned..

Jim V.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Mark (mjchip) has a L pulley and he said it gives him 12 psi. It also states it in his sig.

How is a bigger pulley (3.10) making more boost (13 psi) than a smaller puller L (2.93) (12-12.5 psi)

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Mark (mjchip) has a L pulley and he said it gives him 12 psi. It also states it in his sig.

How is a bigger pulley (3.10) making more boost (13 psi) than a smaller puller L (2.93) (12-12.5 psi)

Good question!!:??:
All i can say is The owner of the shop Mustang Magic put 4lb lower pulley on his Cobra and got a bit over 12lbs.
We put 310 on mine and got 13..He used same gauge to check both cars..

Jim V.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247

Well, there are a number of things at play here:

1. On a nice cold day, I can see 13psi of boost with the L pulley and on a hot humid day it's more like 12psi. So, weather is a factor.

2. If Jimmy V. has a higher flowing intake than mine (which I bet he does based on his filter size), he is probably losing about 0.5psi less pressure from atmospheric than I am. That 0.5 psi adds to the measured boost number.

In essence, with the L pulley, if I upgrade my filter and increase the throttle body I should see around 14-14.5psi of boost total on my boost gauge.

Hope this helps clear things up.

MJ

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Originally posted by AmazonRacing
Well all I can say he held out longer then mosts. hehehehe Great numbers Jimmy!! Jim made a wise choice in the 3.10. It makes the boost, has a nice belt wrap and the belt don't slip. Better to have 13-14 lbs of boost all through the rpm range then to have 15 then have it drop to 10 by 5000 rpm. Now for the 2 lb lower! lol
Congrats JImmy
Rick

So, I am reading this right - that the 3.10 pulley makes more consistent boost throughout the RPM range than the 2.93 or the 2.8?

OneSVTFan

Established Member
Guys, I need some help here. I have been debating this pulley issue for awhile and was just about convinced to go with the 3.2 I really do not want to install a chip and a friend went with the 3.25 and the A/F numbers looked pretty good. Rick or Jim, in your opinion how far would you go on the pulley without a chip?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I would be interested in seeing a air/fuel curve for a 03 Cobra with a 3.10 and a 3.20 pulley and no chip.

What size is the stock pulley? 3.4?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Stock pulley I believe is 3.65. Jim nice numbers. Have you upgraded your Throttle Body?

MJ32V

Established Member
Jim,
WOT on Joe's dyno, your boost held 13psi constant from 3.5K rpm to 6.2K rpm? This is with the stock dump solenoid? (not the prototype dump actuator Rick was working on).

Did joe's lower pulley keep a constant level of boost? Thx...

MJ

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by MJ32V
Jim,
WOT on Joe's dyno, your boost held 13psi constant from 3.5K rpm to 6.2K rpm? This is with the stock dump solenoid? (not the prototype dump actuator Rick was working on).

Did joe's lower pulley keep a constant level of boost? Thx...

MJ

Yes mine held 13 with stock setup. and Joe's lower 4lb pulley did the same..

Jim V.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
Stock pulley I believe is 3.65. Jim nice numbers. Have you upgraded your Throttle Body?

Yes i upgraded to Pauls single blade setup..I am sure that helped..

Jim V.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by OneSVTFan
Guys, I need some help here. I have been debating this pulley issue for awhile and was just about convinced to go with the 3.2 I really do not want to install a chip and a friend went with the 3.25 and the A/F numbers looked pretty good. Rick or Jim, in your opinion how far would you go on the pulley without a chip?

I would get chip even with the 3.2 pulley.AF might be good but there is a lot of power in the tune..

Jim V.

ObieFox

Established Member
Just single blade?

Jim,
Did you only upgrade to Paul's Single blade TB or did you do the TB and blower intake elbow? Is the 3.1 pulley a press on?

Thanks,

KO

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Re: Just single blade?

Originally posted by ObieFox
Jim,
Did you only upgrade to Paul's Single blade TB or did you do the TB and blower intake elbow? Is the 3.1 pulley a press on?

Thanks,

KO

Yes,,Yes and Yes.........:)

Jim V.

StangD281

Established Member
:read: I hate to break out the magazine, but in a MM&FF they put the stock Lightning pulley on, and it "claims" a peak of 14.5 psi. So whatever size the L has, which I thought was a 2.93", it is saying that 14.5psi is peak. :shrug:

That probably just makes the argument worse :??:

Users who are viewing this thread